Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night 17:44 - Aug 23 with 6124 viewsRadlett_blue

and at least one Town "fan" actually bought one as he was standing a few rows in front of me.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 17:49 - Aug 23 with 6099 viewsSarge

I don't really understand the disdain for these. I have one from the game against Avenir Beggen which was one of my first Ipswich games, don't remember getting it but have seen it around the house. I don't find them anymore cringey than say, fans chanting on the train or in the station on the way to the ground or other such away day staples.
They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 17:54 - Aug 23 with 6074 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 17:49 - Aug 23 by Sarge

I don't really understand the disdain for these. I have one from the game against Avenir Beggen which was one of my first Ipswich games, don't remember getting it but have seen it around the house. I don't find them anymore cringey than say, fans chanting on the train or in the station on the way to the ground or other such away day staples.

How can anyone compare chanting on the train at an away game with buying a poxy half n half scarf

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 18:11 - Aug 23 with 6031 viewsSarge

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 17:54 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

How can anyone compare chanting on the train at an away game with buying a poxy half n half scarf

Chanting on a train is bellend behaviour and everyone that isn't going to the game just thinks 'what a bunch of mongs'. I shared a train to Bristol with a bunch of Liverpool fans that never stopped chanting despite the fact it was a Sunday night.

Buying a scarf is buying a scarf
They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 18:28 - Aug 23 with 5978 viewsvapour_trail

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 18:11 - Aug 23 by Sarge

Chanting on a train is bellend behaviour and everyone that isn't going to the game just thinks 'what a bunch of mongs'. I shared a train to Bristol with a bunch of Liverpool fans that never stopped chanting despite the fact it was a Sunday night.

Buying a scarf is buying a scarf

There were a bunch of Chelsea fans on my train home to the south coast after they got beat by Burnley. Brainless morons sang all the way about lampard terry and celery.

I can nearly understand the half and half scarf on a rare European away day, but really anyone getting one on a rip to selhurst really needs to have a word with themselves.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 19:32 - Aug 23 with 5836 viewsTractorWood

Must have been the guy a few rows in front of me. In fairness most people were pointing him out, saying who buys a half and half scarf in the second round of the league cup at Palace. Few years ago, Palace were no bigger than Ipswich. Prem money has distorted people's view on what a big club is, like them up the 'rud.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 20:11 - Aug 23 with 5744 views3_5_2

Only acceptable for Japanese tourists at Old Trafford

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 20:23 - Aug 23 with 5710 viewsm14_blue

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 19:32 - Aug 23 by TractorWood

Must have been the guy a few rows in front of me. In fairness most people were pointing him out, saying who buys a half and half scarf in the second round of the league cup at Palace. Few years ago, Palace were no bigger than Ipswich. Prem money has distorted people's view on what a big club is, like them up the 'rud.

Ahem....Palace still aren't a bigger club than Ipswich
They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 21:05 - Aug 23 with 5598 viewsJ2BLUE

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 17:49 - Aug 23 by Sarge

Slightly different than buying one for a second round league cup tie at Crystal Palace...

Anyone who buys one for a league cup game deserves shooting unless it's the final. Even then it's questionable.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 21:16 - Aug 23 with 5573 viewsDolly2.0

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 21:05 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

Slightly different than buying one for a second round league cup tie at Crystal Palace...

Anyone who buys one for a league cup game deserves shooting unless it's the final. Even then it's questionable.

I normally say live and let live (see also the wearing of football shirts by grown men) but I have to say it is a bit bizarre to even be making half and half scarves for a league cup 2nd round game against Palace, let alone buying one.

You'd need a very good reason. I know a married couple where one supports Town, the other Palace. I could just about understand them getting a joint scarf.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 11:51 - Aug 24 with 5325 viewsGarv

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 21:05 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

Could be a little lad going to his first game, why not?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 12:55 - Aug 24 with 5254 viewsTJS

I think this has been covered many times before.
The rules are fairly simple;
One-off showpiece occasion i.e. UEFA cup tie = acceptable
domestic cup tie against any team = unacceptable
They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 13:01 - Aug 24 with 5237 viewsvapour_trail

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 11:51 - Aug 24 by Garv

Could be a little lad going to his first game, why not?

I think accepted protocol would be to buy the little fella an Ipswich scarf.

Buy him a half and half and he will later see you for what you are and hate you for it.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 13:07 - Aug 24 with 5219 viewsCoco

I presumed they are for ticking off ground visits. A scarf from every ground you've been to rather than the match itself. Collectors items.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 13:09 - Aug 24 with 5211 viewsradiogaga

I asked how much they were selling them for and laughed when the guy said £7.50.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 13:30 - Aug 24 with 5155 viewsRoyKeanesDog

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 17:54 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

They're both terribly embarrassing in their own right.

Poll: Best Football Song

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 13:37 - Aug 24 with 5126 viewsJimmyJazz

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 21:16 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

I normally say live and let live (see also the wearing of football shirts by grown men) but I have to say it is a bit bizarre to even be making half and half scarves for a league cup 2nd round game against Palace, let alone buying one.

You'd need a very good reason. I know a married couple where one supports Town, the other Palace. I could just about understand them getting a joint scarf.

What is wrong with football shirts being worn by grown men? Or what is supposed to be wrong with it (as you may be saying live and let live on that)?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 14:01 - Aug 24 with 5081 viewsglasso

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 13:37 - Aug 24 by JimmyJazz

What is wrong with football shirts being worn by grown men? Or what is supposed to be wrong with it (as you may be saying live and let live on that)?

If this is the guy I saw buy it outside (his mate was wearing a terrible 'Burberry' jacket and cap), he could feel the looks of disdain as he bought one. Me and my mate were looking on in disbelief and as they walked away, his mate said: "I don't mind them. Especially when you're playing against a big club"

Then he walked in to the game. At Selhurst Park. Against CRYSTAL PALACE

*shakes head*
They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 17:16 - Aug 24 with 4992 viewsDolly2.0

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 13:37 - Aug 24 by JimmyJazz

As I say, I don't care what people wear, but many on here believe it unbecoming of a grown man to wear a football shirt, unless he's playing football.

Snobbery, basically.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 19:47 - Aug 24 with 4912 viewsFifeITFC

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 13:30 - Aug 24 by RoyKeanesDog

They're both terribly embarrassing in their own right.

But not as cringeworthy as singing our opponent's rivals songs, ala singing West Ham songs at Millwall.

Now that is embarrassing!

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 20:33 - Aug 24 with 4880 viewsTractorWood

They were selling half & half scarves outside Selhurst Park last night on 19:47 - Aug 24 by FifeITFC

But not as cringeworthy as singing our opponent's rivals songs, ala singing West Ham songs at Millwall.

Now that is embarrassing!

I was initially shocked but when I saw the video it's clearly about 3 West Ham fans (broad London accents). It's a disingenuous stick to beat our own fans with.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024