Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never said this before 22:41 - Oct 14 with 16894 viewstextbackup

But would us going down be a good thing?

I realise our luck would see us fall away even further, and financially would be a disaster, but I'd love a season down there with a new manager and the whole club on a winning streak and is to be unite. And that ain't happening in this league

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Never said this before on 22:46 - Oct 14 with 7655 viewsITFC_Forever

No.

The assumption we’d start winning nearly every week is completely mis-placed.

We’d be just as likely to struggle to get back up for 5, 6, 7 years as the Blunts did.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

on 22:51 - Oct 14 with 7635 views_

Never said this before on 22:53 - Oct 14 with 7622 viewsGodzilla

If our club can only be united in success it does not really reflect terribly well on us, does it?
Never said this before on 22:53 - Oct 14 with 7617 viewstextbackup

Never said this before on 22:46 - Oct 14 by ITFC_Forever

No.

The assumption we’d start winning nearly every week is completely mis-placed.

We’d be just as likely to struggle to get back up for 5, 6, 7 years as the Blunts did.

That's why I said about 'knowing our luck'

Never said this before on 22:54 - Oct 14 with 7605 viewstextbackup

Never said this before on 22:53 - Oct 14 by Godzilla

If our club can only be united in success it does not really reflect terribly well on us, does it?

Little bit late for that wouldn't you say? Been a mess for fcking years now, nobody agrees on anything

Never said this before on 22:55 - Oct 14 with 7606 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Given the lack of interest and ambition from Evans going down would be an utter disaster. Do you really think he'd be willing to rebuild the club.

We would a Coventry football wise most likely.

Would love a winning streak? Too greedy ha ha. For the time being I'd love a run of games where opponent tries to match us up, where opponent is scared of us etc etc..... and I'd love every player to fight for his place in the team and no more automatic choices week in week out.
Never said this before on 22:56 - Oct 14 with 7603 viewstextbackup

on 22:51 - Oct 14 by _

Why? Mick sacked, we'd keep most of the squad, crowds couldn't get much smaller, we might do alright...

on 22:58 - Oct 14 with 7586 views_

Never said this before on 22:56 - Oct 14 by textbackup

Why? Mick sacked, we'd keep most of the squad, crowds couldn't get much smaller, we might do alright...

Login to get fewer ads

Never said this before on 23:00 - Oct 14 with 7573 viewstextbackup

on 22:58 - Oct 14 by _

I'd take that. I'm so fcking bored of supporting this club, anything up or down will be better than this.

Never said this before on 23:01 - Oct 14 with 7569 viewsGodzilla

Never said this before on 22:54 - Oct 14 by textbackup

Little bit late for that wouldn't you say? Been a mess for fcking years now, nobody agrees on anything

It would just get worse.
Never said this before on 23:04 - Oct 14 with 7558 viewsITFC_Forever

on 22:58 - Oct 14 by _

Coventry are a slightly different case with stadium and Sisu situation.

Pompey went bust virtually and had to start again.

We’d more likely be a Charlton or Bradford.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Never said this before on 23:05 - Oct 14 with 7550 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Never said this before on 23:00 - Oct 14 by textbackup

I'd take that. I'm so fcking bored of supporting this club, anything up or down will be better than this.

You'd be even more bored after seeing us lose 3 years in a row at Rochdale than at QPR

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 23:05 - Oct 14 with 7550 views_

Never said this before on 23:09 - Oct 14 with 7527 viewstextbackup

Never said this before on 23:05 - Oct 14 by The_Romford_Blue

You'd be even more bored after seeing us lose 3 years in a row at Rochdale than at QPR

Different ground tho, different teams, league etc. Literally anything will do.

Never said this before on 23:11 - Oct 14 with 7517 viewsFixed_It

Seriously - you need to take a break.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Never said this before on 23:14 - Oct 14 with 7513 viewstextbackup

Never said this before on 23:11 - Oct 14 by Fixed_It

Seriously - you need to take a break.

You're telling me! I know I do

However, I could cancel ST, but I'll still be on here, I could ask phil to ban me, I'd still talk ITFC on twitter...

There's no escape, but this constant loop of us being sht and MMs dull bollcks, and the sht on here defending him.

Honestly we are a pointless club, even away days are predictably boring

Never said this before on 06:29 - Oct 15 with 7276 viewsBenters

The key for me is MM going.

Its all gone stale now.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Never said this before on 06:36 - Oct 15 with 7267 viewsBenters

Never said this before on 23:14 - Oct 14 by textbackup

You're telling me! I know I do

However, I could cancel ST, but I'll still be on here, I could ask phil to ban me, I'd still talk ITFC on twitter...

There's no escape, but this constant loop of us being sht and MMs dull bollcks, and the sht on here defending him.

Honestly we are a pointless club, even away days are predictably boring

Its MMs fault and his boring tactics .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Never said this before on 06:55 - Oct 15 with 7256 viewsTLA

I never want us to lose - today at 1-0 with five minutes left, I was hoping we'd win, not draw. I guess that means I don't want us to go down.

However, I'm so disillusioned with the Premier League and the ridiculous money that going up is purely for financial reasons. Even then, the likes of Norwich went up with no debt and their finances and not healthy.

There is a part of me that would rather go grounds in the third tier than wonder if we can keep it to 5-0 against Chelsea.
Never said this before on 07:15 - Oct 15 with 7238 viewsTractorWood

The situation you describe is best case scenario and just a bit of character building. It's naïve to think we are good enough to go down and just walk league one. It's taken a Sheffield United side (who just beat us) 6 years to get out of that league.

If we were down there for 5 years, our crowds would be 8k and we'd be in financial ruin.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Never said this before on 07:33 - Oct 15 with 7201 viewsTLA

Never said this before on 07:15 - Oct 15 by TractorWood

The situation you describe is best case scenario and just a bit of character building. It's naïve to think we are good enough to go down and just walk league one. It's taken a Sheffield United side (who just beat us) 6 years to get out of that league.

If we were down there for 5 years, our crowds would be 8k and we'd be in financial ruin.

I think your last couple of words there are significant - everything is about money.

We're in a great league with teams like (us!), Forest, Leeds, Wolves, Derby, Wednesday, Villa - it doesn't look much different from the top division we won and competed to win on several occasions.

I almost wish if you won this league, you got half of the money you'd get in the PL but could choose to stay here, rather than have to try to compete with teams worth half a billion quid!
Never said this before on 07:46 - Oct 15 with 7167 viewsTractorWood

Never said this before on 07:33 - Oct 15 by TLA

I think your last couple of words there are significant - everything is about money.

We're in a great league with teams like (us!), Forest, Leeds, Wolves, Derby, Wednesday, Villa - it doesn't look much different from the top division we won and competed to win on several occasions.

I almost wish if you won this league, you got half of the money you'd get in the PL but could choose to stay here, rather than have to try to compete with teams worth half a billion quid!

Good point. Imagine travelling up to watch a MM team take on that Man City side. They would put 10 past us. Skuse versus Kevin De Bruyne.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Never said this before on 07:53 - Oct 15 with 7156 viewsTLA

Never said this before on 07:46 - Oct 15 by TractorWood

Good point. Imagine travelling up to watch a MM team take on that Man City side. They would put 10 past us. Skuse versus Kevin De Bruyne.

Skuse would have Kev in his pocket and he'd probably also make sure David Silva had a quiet day. Captain Chambers would make sure Aguero and Jesus were nullified (it'd be a Sterling job). We could sneak a win!
Never said this before on 07:54 - Oct 15 with 7154 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Never said this before on 07:46 - Oct 15 by TractorWood

That i the other side of the coin, IF we ever went up under MM what we would we do? Start lumping it forward to Waggy and hope their 40m defender misses the ball. Would be a long season!
Never said this before on 07:59 - Oct 15 with 7140 viewsbrogansnose

Never said this before on 07:33 - Oct 15 by TLA

Oddly enough , my lot have debated this plenty of times before about taking the money then staying in this league. The EPL really isn't the Promised Land and it messes up more clubs than benefit.

I really don't like what modern football has become.

As for Texty's point, yeah, it is boring being perpetually in this division, and although relegation isn't the answer, having a manager who can give us more attractive football as opposed to abject lessons in defending, and an owner who can at least give the pretence of wanting to progress the club would help. Its like Ground hog season every season and its all become a bit pointless and meaningless hence the fans voting with their feet. The club needs a shake up and revitalising top to bottom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024