Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... 16:35 - Oct 20 with 7763 viewsSpruceMoose

"The doom-sayers on here seem to think our support will degrade with increasing Championship membership. I do not happen to think that way. Div. 1 showed the extent of our innate support and we will, imo, forever need ground expansion even if it is only for the bigger games. Our support and catchment has solidified to that extent, as I see it."

I expect by 2050 Carrow Road will have a capacity of somewhere around 345,000 in that case.

This was a nice touch too:

"NCFC embraces the 21st. Century. ITFC lives in the past."

For such a forward looking club, they don't half worry about our history a lot.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 16:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 16:38 - Oct 20 with 6031 viewsBergholtBru

Partly due to the fact that they don`t have a past.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 16:39 - Oct 20 with 6023 viewsSpruceMoose

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 16:38 - Oct 20 by BergholtBru

Partly due to the fact that they don`t have a past.

Well they do... a very unimpressive, participatory past!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 16:39]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 16:46 - Oct 20 with 5978 viewsGeoffSentence

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 16:39 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

Well they do... a very unimpressive, participatory past!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 16:39]

Not so. Back in the early eighties they were on fire.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:14 - Oct 20 with 5908 viewsIllinoisblue

there is an arrogance and delusion from a lot of their fans that is hard to understand. They've never really achieved anything of note yet act like they're something special.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:16 - Oct 20 with 5897 viewsnoggin

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:14 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

there is an arrogance and delusion from a lot of their fans that is hard to understand. They've never really achieved anything of note yet act like they're something special.

Oi Oi!! They beat Bayern Munich once.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:21 - Oct 20 with 5881 viewsMullet

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:14 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

It's because they live in a bubble. Geographically, culturally and genetically.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:34 - Oct 20 with 5825 viewssparks

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:21 - Oct 20 by Mullet

It's because they live in a bubble. Geographically, culturally and genetically.

Reality is that their gates a few years before promotion were awful, and ours held up well for a lot longer than they have been back down.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:50 - Oct 20 with 5774 viewsgiant_stow

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:34 - Oct 20 by sparks

Reality is that their gates a few years before promotion were awful, and ours held up well for a lot longer than they have been back down.

Except thats not really True: http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/norc.htm

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:53 - Oct 20 with 5758 viewsSpruceMoose

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:50 - Oct 20 by giant_stow

Except thats not really True: http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/norc.htm

Why does that chart not have a 'Participants' column? How can you expect us to take it seriously when it is missing such vital information?

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:54 - Oct 20 with 5747 viewsPJH

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 17:53 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

Why does that chart not have a 'Participants' column? How can you expect us to take it seriously when it is missing such vital information?

They did apparently get to the Texaco Cup Final in 1973 though.
In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:03 - Oct 20 with 5699 viewssparks

In what way? 96 to 2003- bumbling along at 14-18k. Often much lower (setting off the bigger games)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 18:12]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:13 - Oct 20 with 5661 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Yes it is, pre 2005 promotion, all very average bumbling around like our average over the last decade or more.
The idea that the budgies have massive amount of supporters and always have done is absolute bobbins, cheers for clearing it up.
We've had 15 years of painful mediocrity, they've had 15 years of feast and famine and stuff actually happening, along with cheap ticketing strategies. To claim it's because of a big fan base and extrapolate onwards as the OP quoted is absolutely laughable.
In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:15 - Oct 20 with 5651 viewssparks

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:13 - Oct 20 by Axeldalai_lama

Yes it is, pre 2005 promotion, all very average bumbling around like our average over the last decade or more.
The idea that the budgies have massive amount of supporters and always have done is absolute bobbins, cheers for clearing it up.
We've had 15 years of painful mediocrity, they've had 15 years of feast and famine and stuff actually happening, along with cheap ticketing strategies. To claim it's because of a big fan base and extrapolate onwards as the OP quoted is absolutely laughable.

Indeed. Its quite clear that our attendances held up at the 25k plus mark for 4 years after relegation.

When they have been down for 5 years, and falling away, then they might have an argument if they still fill the place.

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:16 - Oct 20 with 5645 viewsSpruceMoose

But..but..but...Muh Cathedral!

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:16 - Oct 20 with 5644 viewssparks

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:15 - Oct 20 by sparks

Indeed. Its quite clear that our attendances held up at the 25k plus mark for 4 years after relegation.

When they have been down for 5 years, and falling away, then they might have an argument if they still fill the place.

Of course, Norwich is nearly twice the size too...

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:18 - Oct 20 with 5639 viewsgiant_stow

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:03 - Oct 20 by sparks

In what way? 96 to 2003- bumbling along at 14-18k. Often much lower (setting off the bigger games)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 18:12]

A year of that was with a 3 sided ground, although I agree that those years were prior to the amazing takeoff in attendances. Mind you, you can see something stirring in the canary loins from 2003 when I believe the capacity was smaller than now. check the 6 years from 2006 though. By rights, those figures should have collapsed.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 18:22]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:21 - Oct 20 with 5629 viewsgiant_stow

I don't think anyones claimed that the canaries have always had huge crowds. Just that we've been near sold out for roughly a generation. Considering we've been in 3 divisions in that time, I'd say that's pretty bludy amazing personally. You lot haven't done bad on those front - par for the course - just not amazing.

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:21 - Oct 20 with 5624 viewsgiant_stow

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:16 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

But..but..but...Muh Cathedral!

X 2. don't be racist.

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 5620 viewsSpruceMoose

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:18 - Oct 20 by giant_stow

A year of that was with a 3 sided ground, although I agree that those years were prior to the amazing takeoff in attendances. Mind you, you can see something stirring in the canary loins from 2003 when I believe the capacity was smaller than now. check the 6 years from 2006 though. By rights, those figures should have collapsed.

Two questions:

1) Was the three sided ground due to the whole stand burning for insurance reasons business?

2)What are Canary Lions? Some kind of Norwich FLA firm?

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 5617 viewssparks

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:18 - Oct 20 by giant_stow

Well- no. As I've pointed out- ours held up at the same figures for 4 years post relegation. You have yet to spend a 5th year on the trot back in the Championship.

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:24 - Oct 20 with 5605 viewsgiant_stow

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:22 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

Two questions:

1) Was the three sided ground due to the whole stand burning for insurance reasons business?

2)What are Canary Lions? Some kind of Norwich FLA firm?

1. Nope. It was when the south stand was rebuilt.
2. Our little canary goolies.

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:24 - Oct 20 with 5605 viewsSpruceMoose

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:22 - Oct 20 by sparks

Well- no. As I've pointed out- ours held up at the same figures for 4 years post relegation. You have yet to spend a 5th year on the trot back in the Championship.

It's coming, don't worry.

The we will see how those attendance figures hold up. It'll be kids, adults, pets and pensioners for a quid all over again.

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:26 - Oct 20 with 5596 viewsgiant_stow

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:22 - Oct 20 by sparks

Wrong. From 2005 we were 6 years in div 2 and 3.

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:26 - Oct 20 with 5589 viewsSpruceMoose

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:24 - Oct 20 by giant_stow

1. Nope. It was when the south stand was rebuilt.
2. Our little canary goolies.

Hey that was a sneaky edit!

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:31 - Oct 20 with 5570 viewsgiant_stow

In today's deluded Pink 'un comments... on 18:26 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

Hey that was a sneaky edit!

Tee hee!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024