Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life for Mladic 12:54 - Nov 22 with 3438 viewschicoazul

Here's hoping he lives a long dull difficult painful life in prison and that when he dies it hurts. May his victims rest in peace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42080090

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Life for Mladic on 13:02 - Nov 22 with 3418 viewsSteve_M

On that subject, I read this earlier. It's very good:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/22/ratko-mladic-the-warlike-youth-tur

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Life for Mladic on 13:06 - Nov 22 with 3399 viewschicoazul

Life for Mladic on 13:02 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

On that subject, I read this earlier. It's very good:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/22/ratko-mladic-the-warlike-youth-tur

Thanks, I will have a look. It's a wonderful part of the world that I have always wanted to visit but it will always be stained by the memory of the likes of Arkan, Karadzic and Mladic. Absolutely dreadful scenes there on Europe's doorstep and not too long ago either. Never let it be said that these things can't happen close to home or even maybe one day at home. Always be watchful brother.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Life for Mladic on 13:08 - Nov 22 with 3395 viewsGlasgowBlue

Indeed. If ever there was a reason to get involved militarily in another country then that was it. We should remember how we stood by during the massacre in Srebrenica rather than thinking about the mistakes of Iraq when next contemplating whether we should do what is right.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Life for Mladic on 13:11 - Nov 22 with 3389 viewsSteve_M

Life for Mladic on 13:08 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. If ever there was a reason to get involved militarily in another country then that was it. We should remember how we stood by during the massacre in Srebrenica rather than thinking about the mistakes of Iraq when next contemplating whether we should do what is right.

We should probably think about both, together with the merits and risks of whatever new action is being contemplated.

Life for Mladic on 13:20 - Nov 22 with 3370 viewscrunchie1978

Very well put sir.
Life for Mladic on 13:28 - Nov 22 with 3354 viewsGlasgowBlue

Life for Mladic on 13:11 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

We should probably think about both, together with the merits and risks of whatever new action is being contemplated.

Fair comment. Unfortunately when faced with children being gassed in Syria we tended to remember the mistakes Iraq when making the decision.

Iron Lion Zion

Life for Mladic on 13:40 - Nov 22 with 3336 viewsSteve_M

Life for Mladic on 13:28 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Fair comment. Unfortunately when faced with children being gassed in Syria we tended to remember the mistakes Iraq when making the decision.

Yes, refining your point rather than disagreeing.

Life for Mladic on 13:41 - Nov 22 with 3333 viewsElto

Life for Mladic on 13:06 - Nov 22 by chicoazul

Thanks, I will have a look. It's a wonderful part of the world that I have always wanted to visit but it will always be stained by the memory of the likes of Arkan, Karadzic and Mladic. Absolutely dreadful scenes there on Europe's doorstep and not too long ago either. Never let it be said that these things can't happen close to home or even maybe one day at home. Always be watchful brother.

If you can get past those memories I don't think you would regret a trip out there. Memories of the war have stuck with me more than any other conflict that I can remember, probably because of it's utterly barbaric nature, but it is an incredible place for many reasons. I'm planning my third trip out there, fell in love with it to the point of obsession according to my family but they don't seem to mind I'm dragging them out there again.
Login to get fewer ads

Life for Mladic on 13:48 - Nov 22 with 3325 viewsEireannach_gorm

To think that this was only the start of it. Should beat him with iron bars daily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prijedor_ethnic_cleansing
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 14:35]
Life for Mladic on 13:49 - Nov 22 with 3318 viewsGlasgowBlue

Life for Mladic on 13:40 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

Yes, refining your point rather than disagreeing.

My posts could always do with a good editor :-)

Iron Lion Zion

Life for Mladic on 13:54 - Nov 22 with 3303 viewschicoazul

Life for Mladic on 13:41 - Nov 22 by Elto

If you can get past those memories I don't think you would regret a trip out there. Memories of the war have stuck with me more than any other conflict that I can remember, probably because of it's utterly barbaric nature, but it is an incredible place for many reasons. I'm planning my third trip out there, fell in love with it to the point of obsession according to my family but they don't seem to mind I'm dragging them out there again.

Thanks, I will get there one day, and it's only down the road so to speak! I think you can even do it by train from Gard du Nord.

Life for Mladic on 14:01 - Nov 23 with 3183 viewsGlasgowBlue

Christ. Just seen a link to this EDM which both Corbyn and McDonnell signed calling the massacre a 'genocide' that never really existed'.

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2004-05/392

How can people even consider letting these two run our country?

Iron Lion Zion

Life for Mladic on 15:55 - Nov 23 with 3139 viewsClapham_Junction

Life for Mladic on 14:01 - Nov 23 by GlasgowBlue

Christ. Just seen a link to this EDM which both Corbyn and McDonnell signed calling the massacre a 'genocide' that never really existed'.

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2004-05/392

How can people even consider letting these two run our country?

The EDM is about Kosovo. Mladic's massacring was in Bosnia.
Life for Mladic on 16:07 - Nov 23 with 3107 viewsGlasgowBlue

Life for Mladic on 15:55 - Nov 23 by Clapham_Junction

The EDM is about Kosovo. Mladic's massacring was in Bosnia.

Yes I am aware of that. The need for military intervention in the Balkans was being discussed by Steve and I.

The fact that Milošević was indicted for crimes against humanity in Kosovo sheds a bad light on the people who were defending his actions in the EDM.

It's basically saying that he may have been an evil old c*nt but he only massacred a few thousand young men so we should have let him get on with it. Neatly forgetting that the Serbs were committing atrocities throughout all of the Balkan states.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 16:16]

Iron Lion Zion

Life for Mladic on 16:32 - Nov 23 with 3083 viewsClapham_Junction

Life for Mladic on 16:07 - Nov 23 by GlasgowBlue

Yes I am aware of that. The need for military intervention in the Balkans was being discussed by Steve and I.

The fact that Milošević was indicted for crimes against humanity in Kosovo sheds a bad light on the people who were defending his actions in the EDM.

It's basically saying that he may have been an evil old c*nt but he only massacred a few thousand young men so we should have let him get on with it. Neatly forgetting that the Serbs were committing atrocities throughout all of the Balkan states.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 16:16]

Your post was extremely misleading though.

This thread is about Mladic, who was responsible for the Srebrenica massacre, which you mentioned earlier in the thread.

You later post that the EDM in question denied that "the massacre" was genocide.

I'd say this is pretty poor form even for you.
Life for Mladic on 16:47 - Nov 23 with 3058 viewsGlasgowBlue

Life for Mladic on 16:32 - Nov 23 by Clapham_Junction

Your post was extremely misleading though.

This thread is about Mladic, who was responsible for the Srebrenica massacre, which you mentioned earlier in the thread.

You later post that the EDM in question denied that "the massacre" was genocide.

I'd say this is pretty poor form even for you.

Sorry you took it that way. It wasn't my intention.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024