Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Venables... 14:01 - Nov 23 with 38167 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How many chances can a guy get?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42095074

Time to throw away the key, and to remove his false identity.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jon Venables... on 14:03 - Nov 23 with 17256 viewsGlasgowBlue

Utter scum.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jon Venables... on 14:07 - Nov 23 with 17258 viewsmeekreech

Should now be kept inside and have the protection of his identity removed,he has abused the privileged protection he has been given and should no longer be protected !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Jon Venables... on 14:13 - Nov 23 with 17225 viewsJ2BLUE

Lock him up for the maximum time allowed. He's scum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jon Venables... on 14:24 - Nov 23 with 17201 viewsitfcjoe

He should be put down, even now reading the details of Jamie Bulger case is chilling

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jon Venables... on 14:26 - Nov 23 with 17192 viewstextbackup

Just kill him. Offers this world nothing. Doubt anyone would give a toss

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jon Venables... on 14:28 - Nov 23 with 17182 viewshype313

Jon Venables... on 14:24 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

He should be put down, even now reading the details of Jamie Bulger case is chilling

Indeed, he has no life, he's got nothing to offer society, and society has nothing to offer him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jon Venables... on 14:29 - Nov 23 with 17170 viewsGlasgowBlue

The murders of James Bulger and Jonathan Ball in the Warrington bombing really affected me at the time as my eldest son was three at the times.

I still can't fully comprehend how two little lads out shopping can have had their lives taken away from them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jon Venables... on 14:36 - Nov 23 with 17167 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be honest, as I was around 11/12 at the time, I don't think I really paid due attention to the case. As a parent now, seeing the picture of James being led away by the hand really troubles me, and fills me with disgust.

Such an innocent and trusting little boy. Cant help but think him and his family are now being let down massively.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Jon Venables... on 14:36 - Nov 23 with 17168 viewsblue_oyster

One of the problems with our criminal justice system, is the use of the phrase 'jailed for life', noted in the BBC report and most of the media in this case, and many serious cases of murder. This helps to give a false immediate appearance that justice has rightfully been served, but is in most cases, untrue, and helps to perpetuate the myth that the justice system is good enough, and not actually its pathetic current state.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Jon Venables... on 14:38 - Nov 23 with 17154 viewsWD19

In what way would removing his false identity help?

One assumes that in whatever of the Queens guesthouses he is staying everyone knows who he is anyway!?
Jon Venables... on 14:43 - Nov 23 with 17128 viewsBOjK

He's back in prison which would seem appropriate at this point. I can't see how removing the restrictions on disclosing his identity would help anyone.

From the limited amount of information available it seem the rehabilitation of Thompson has been much more successful.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Jon Venables... on 14:43 - Nov 23 with 17123 viewsbluewein

Jon Venables... on 14:38 - Nov 23 by WD19

One assumes that in whatever of the Queens guesthouses he is staying everyone knows who he is anyway!?

If his identity has been revealed, I don't give him much breathing time. It doesn't take long t do the rounds.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Jon Venables... on 14:45 - Nov 23 with 17106 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jon Venables... on 14:38 - Nov 23 by WD19

I think its a protection that he doesnt deserve.

Whether it be his friends, relatives, inmates etc, he shouldnt have the benefit of being able to live a life without everyone he meets knowing exactly what he has done.

And he clearly cant be trusted, so people he interacts with him should not be exposed to his depravity.

He should have his false identity removed.

Jon Venables... on 14:45 - Nov 23 with 17106 viewsGeoffSentence

Jon Venables... on 14:03 - Nov 23 by GlasgowBlue

Utter scum.

He is definitely a wrong 'un.

I can't help wondering how life would have turned out for him if he had stayed at home that day, whether he would have done something similar at some other time and been on the same path that he is now, or if the opportunity for ill would never have arisen and he would have lived a more or less normal life.

Ah well, we will never know, he did that evil deed and despite 'rehabilitation' at her majesty's pleasure he remains a wrong 'un.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jon Venables... on 14:47 - Nov 23 with 17103 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jon Venables... on 14:43 - Nov 23 by BOjK

He's back in prison which would seem appropriate at this point. I can't see how removing the restrictions on disclosing his identity would help anyone.

From the limited amount of information available it seem the rehabilitation of Thompson has been much more successful.

See my remarks to a previous post re his identity.

In the case of Thompson, he has seemingly lived by the terms of his probation and may well have somewhat rehabilitated himself. Therefore (although he is also scum), he doesn't deserve to have the privilege removed.

Venables on the other hand, does deserve to have all privilege removed, not just his freedom.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 15:04]

Jon Venables... on 14:52 - Nov 23 with 17075 viewsitfcjoe

Jon Venables... on 14:29 - Nov 23 by GlasgowBlue

The murders of James Bulger and Jonathan Ball in the Warrington bombing really affected me at the time as my eldest son was three at the times.

I still can't fully comprehend how two little lads out shopping can have had their lives taken away from them.

Venables and Thompson were/are the same age as my older sister so it was just all so unbelievable.

I just made the mistake of reading the wkipedia page on it, it nearly made me physically wretch doing so.

Horrible stuff. I can understand the efforts made to conceal their identities as they will be murdered otherwise which no-one deserves. But there must come a point where, in Venables case, a line needs to be drawn and he has to go his own way as can't be trusted to not give himself up, or live a life without crime. Presumably Thompson has taken this opportunity he scarcely deserved.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jon Venables... on 15:38 - Nov 23 with 16961 viewsbritbiker

This is a man who knows police will randomly check his computer., but still chooses to reoffend. How many times has he done this without being caught.
Maybe he should feel the fear of someone finding him in a dark alley.
He eventually revealed his I D to friends
For those of you with children think how you would feel right now knowing this man had been in your home with your kids without knowing what he had done. Sometimes the law spends too much time protecting the wrong people.
Jon Venables... on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 16886 viewsSwansea_Blue

The thing I find really sad is in that picture of him when he was 10 there's a child-like (obviously) innocence and vulnerability to him. He's rotten to the core, but it seems such a waste.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jon Venables... on 19:50 - Nov 23 with 16698 viewsfactual_blue

Jon Venables... on 14:43 - Nov 23 by bluewein

If his identity has been revealed, I don't give him much breathing time. It doesn't take long t do the rounds.

And that is why his identity should be kept secret; revealing it is going to incite further crime.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jon Venables... on 10:54 - Nov 24 with 16439 viewsbaxterbasics

Throw him to the baying mob

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Jon Venables... on 10:54 - Nov 24 with 16430 viewsNo9

Jon Venables... on 14:26 - Nov 23 by textbackup

Just kill him. Offers this world nothing. Doubt anyone would give a toss

That would only make us as bad as him
Jon Venables... on 11:42 - Nov 24 with 16398 viewsblue_oyster

Jon Venables... on 19:50 - Nov 23 by factual_blue

And that is why his identity should be kept secret; revealing it is going to incite further crime.

But will keeping his identify a secret reduce further crime *overall* ?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Jon Venables... on 11:51 - Nov 24 with 16378 viewsjeera

Jon Venables... on 10:54 - Nov 24 by baxterbasics

Throw him to the baying mob

These posts are always unnecessarily daft.

That's not going to happen is it. Even post brexit, no one's going to introduce a law where offenders get thrown to mobs, nor locked in rooms with parents etc.

The reality is, this person needs to be locked away where he cannot harm anyone else, ever again.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jon Venables... on 12:23 - Nov 24 with 16339 viewsbaxterbasics

Jon Venables... on 11:51 - Nov 24 by jeera

These posts are always unnecessarily daft.

That's not going to happen is it. Even post brexit, no one's going to introduce a law where offenders get thrown to mobs, nor locked in rooms with parents etc.

The reality is, this person needs to be locked away where he cannot harm anyone else, ever again.

yes obviously I know this, just venting.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Jon Venables... on 12:28 - Nov 24 with 16330 viewsuefacup81

It's a tough one. I agree that perhaps there comes a point where someone of Venables' ilk has to be deprived of their liberty permanently both for his safety, and that of the public at large.

With the circumstances of the case, though, I think there has to be a case for leniency and understanding (perhaps not the most appropriate words, but the best I can come up with for now).

For two boys of age ten to do what Venables and Thompson did has to suggest that there were serious psychological issues at play, be it issues they were born with, or that manifested themselves at a later date perhaps as a result of upbringing.

Whilst there's no condoning their actions, or mitigating the severity of what they did, is it fair and reasonable to 'throw Venables to the baying mob' perhaps solely because of urges, ideas, and beliefs that he has no control over? Regardless of psychiatric reports, I cannot believe that anyone who carries out such actions is 'wired up properly'.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024