Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
13:30 - Dec 15 with 7017 views_

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 13:35 - Dec 15 with 5906 viewstextbackup

Is it Wednesday again?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 13:39 - Dec 15 with 5899 views_

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 13:35 - Dec 15 by textbackup

Is it Wednesday again?

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:34 - Dec 15 with 5856 viewsSWGF

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:41 - Dec 15 with 5842 viewsHerbivore

Doesn't score enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:43 - Dec 15 with 5839 viewsTheBlueBarca

How does this effect Brexit?

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:51 - Dec 15 with 5837 viewsCurrie10

Oh dear god........ANOTHER post. Here goes -

I LIKE Skuse. He's a good player at this level, underrated by many. Capable of doing more than Mick allows him to do in a town shirt.

HOWEVER - this stat that people are jizzing their pants around is utterly pointless. Considering how LITTLE we have of the ball, how we use it as a hot potato and give the damn thing away TIME after TIME after TIME - I would expect Cole to make numerous interceptions!

Also - his pass completion record from memory from another post was 79% - so given how safe his passes are, 1 in every 5 passes he makes he actually gives the ball away.....That needs to improve.

I'm not slating Skuse - I like Skuse, I'd start Skuse - however stats are there to be interpreted how people see fit.
Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:53 - Dec 15 with 5822 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:51 - Dec 15 by Currie10

I LIKE Skuse. He's a good player at this level, underrated by many. Capable of doing more than Mick allows him to do in a town shirt.

HOWEVER - this stat that people are jizzing their pants around is utterly pointless. Considering how LITTLE we have of the ball, how we use it as a hot potato and give the damn thing away TIME after TIME after TIME - I would expect Cole to make numerous interceptions!

Also - his pass completion record from memory from another post was 79% - so given how safe his passes are, 1 in every 5 passes he makes he actually gives the ball away.....That needs to improve.

I'm not slating Skuse - I like Skuse, I'd start Skuse - however stats are there to be interpreted how people see fit.

Stop making exskuses

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:56 - Dec 15 with 5818 viewsHerbivore

His pass completion rate is about 0.7% lower than Wes Hoolahan's. His pass completion rate is perfectly decent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 15:01 - Dec 15 with 5803 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:56 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

His pass completion rate is about 0.7% lower than Wes Hoolahan's. His pass completion rate is perfectly decent.

Pass completion rate is, like many in football, a flawed statistic anyway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 15:07 - Dec 15 with 5792 viewsEastKentBlue

Stats can be whatever you want them to be. Skuse has the most appearances in the Top 5 interceptors so on average interceptions per game Curtis Davies is actually ahead.

All utterly pointless.
Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 15:14 - Dec 15 with 5776 viewsKeaneish

on 13:39 - Dec 15 by _

A statistic out of context is pretty much a meme isn't it? You propping up your argument with a meme is the LOL.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 15:15 - Dec 15 with 5773 viewsCurrie10

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 14:56 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

Under Hoolahan the ball goes forwards and into dangerous areas.

A good %% of Skuse's passes go to the back four.

If Hoolahan's pass completion %%% is that high considering the passes he makes, that is a fantastic stat for him.
on 15:17 - Dec 15 with 5768 views_

on 15:20 - Dec 15 with 5756 views_

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 15:14 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

A statistic out of context is pretty much a meme isn't it? You propping up your argument with a meme is the LOL.

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 15:23 - Dec 15 with 5753 viewsKeaneish

on 15:17 - Dec 15 by _

If your theory were true, all sides who give the ball away and can't maintain possession would have to play the same way for that to have any validity, which isn't the case.

I'm with Currie10, this stat is meaningless and just an indictment of the way MM plays the game.

on 15:25 - Dec 15 with 5749 views_

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 15:23 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

If your theory were true, all sides who give the ball away and can't maintain possession would have to play the same way for that to have any validity, which isn't the case.

I'm with Currie10, this stat is meaningless and just an indictment of the way MM plays the game.

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 16:17 - Dec 15 with 5705 viewsCurrie10

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 15:23 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

Laughable how some people some up with some whacky conclusions hey.

Utterly meaningless stat for me also.
Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 16:51 - Dec 15 with 5674 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 16:17 - Dec 15 by Currie10

Laughable how some people some up with some whacky conclusions hey.

Utterly meaningless stat for me also.

I think you guys might be going too far in the opposite direction on this one, i can see that some stats in a sport like football aren’t all that relevant - this clearly isn’t ‘utterly meaningless’

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 17:05 - Dec 15 with 5661 viewsKeaneish

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 16:51 - Dec 15 by itfcjoe

I think you guys might be going too far in the opposite direction on this one, i can see that some stats in a sport like football aren’t all that relevant - this clearly isn’t ‘utterly meaningless’

All stats are meaningless without context and we have no idea what the measurements were for this stat or what the measurement variables were/are...

Move on, nothing to see here. Skuse has had a decent season, but still a very average midfielder. Connolly has a better all round game than Skuse.

on 17:07 - Dec 15 with 5657 views_

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 17:05 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

All stats are meaningless without context and we have no idea what the measurements were for this stat or what the measurement variables were/are...

Move on, nothing to see here. Skuse has had a decent season, but still a very average midfielder. Connolly has a better all round game than Skuse.

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 17:12 - Dec 15 with 5650 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 17:05 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

I think it’s fairly clear what the measurements are, it’s an interception. An interception is generally considered ‘a good thing’ as regains possession. Doing it more than any other player in the league, regardless of why, is a good thing.

on 17:14 - Dec 15 with 5644 views_

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 17:12 - Dec 15 by itfcjoe

I think it’s fairly clear what the measurements are, it’s an interception. An interception is generally considered ‘a good thing’ as regains possession. Doing it more than any other player in the league, regardless of why, is a good thing.

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 18:13 - Dec 15 with 5605 viewsbrogansnose

The bloke does an essential job in that midfield which isn't that glamourous. Get the ball then give it to someone who can punish or create chances, trouble is if you're paired with Douglas in particular or the underwhelming Ward, then you're not going to shine. Stick a Huws, Dozzell or Adeyemi in there and the whole situation changes. If he was was any better , or Hoddlesque, then he would have been poached off Bristoil before we even got a sniff.
Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 21:04 - Dec 15 with 5546 viewstextbackup

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 17:12 - Dec 15 by itfcjoe

Shame that once the intercept is made theres no drive/desire to attack.

As said the other day, no surprise that our main CM has these stats when we spend large chunks of the game chasing the ball

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cole Skuse top interceptor in Europe. on 21:09 - Dec 15 with 5544 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I mainly agree with you, but it's still an impressive stat.

You're spot on about pass completion though- that stat never means anything. Scott Parker used to have a better pass completion rate than Michael Carrick. Parker would play a 7 yard pass, Carrick would try and play a killer ball.

Poll: Best Football Song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024