Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 3 games..... 12:35 - Dec 31 with 8275 viewsitfcjoe

...if we get little out of the next 2 league games, the league season will effectively be over - double that up with an early cup exit is there any point Mick being here with him inevitably exiting in the summer?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next 3 games..... on 12:38 - Dec 31 with 6149 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it inevitable? I'm really not convinced.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next 3 games..... on 12:40 - Dec 31 with 6137 viewsgroovyASH

Its immaterial, he will be here regardless. I would disagree that the season would be effectively over too, we've gone on one massively unlikely run this season, I would not completely rule out another.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Next 3 games..... on 13:03 - Dec 31 with 6093 viewsParisBlue

Next 3 games..... on 12:40 - Dec 31 by groovyASH

Its immaterial, he will be here regardless. I would disagree that the season would be effectively over too, we've gone on one massively unlikely run this season, I would not completely rule out another.

If you assume that it'll take a minimum of 75 points for the play-offs then we'll need another 39 from 21 games. Only Wolves (48), Cardiff (44) and Bristol City (40) got that over the first 21 games of this season, so you're looking at top 3 form to scrape into the play-offs (Fulham in 6th place had 80 last season).

It'll be interesting what sort of team we put out against Sheff Utd. McDonnell and Moore are cuptied, Rowe is at Lincoln, and of the injured it looks likely that only Skuse will be back by then and I doubt MM will risk him - especially if he plays against Fulham. I can see Sheff Utd taking it even less seriously than us.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Next 3 games..... on 13:11 - Dec 31 with 6063 viewsPinewoodblue

Depends on Evans plans going forward. The sooner he shows his hand the better. I'm sure both Evans and McCarthy have made their minds up keeping others in the dark, especially players coming out of contract, isn't fair to anyone.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Next 3 games..... on 13:12 - Dec 31 with 6051 viewsHerbivore

I still think we're in with a chance even if the next two league games don't go well, we could go on a run and whilst Wolves, Derby and Brizzle are looking pretty good the rest of the sides above us are fallible. Unless we've got someone in mind to come in I don't see much value in Mick going just yet. If we're well out of the race come March then maybe wave him off to give the new manager time to assess the squad ahead of the summer. That's assuming he's definitely off, I'm about 75% sure he will be.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next 3 games..... on 13:16 - Dec 31 with 6038 viewstextbackup

You’d like To think that it would be seen as a little pointless to keep him on, we are pretty safe from the drop so don’t need ‘the only man that could keep us up’ to stay any longer, IMO.

Might not have the successor lined up, but I think it’ll end up turning as toxic as last season if results fizzle out and we end season on a low with MM here.

If the successor is lined up then even better, time for him to access squad and try to install his ideas and style on them so we can hit ground running next season.

That’s probably all I have to say about it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Next 3 games..... on 13:17 - Dec 31 with 6035 viewsAce_High1

Why is everyone so sure he is off? I am expecting to see Evans to invoke the extension option and maintain the status quo.
Next 3 games..... on 13:18 - Dec 31 with 6030 viewsjas0999

Next 3 games..... on 13:11 - Dec 31 by Pinewoodblue

Depends on Evans plans going forward. The sooner he shows his hand the better. I'm sure both Evans and McCarthy have made their minds up keeping others in the dark, especially players coming out of contract, isn't fair to anyone.

Absolutely. Fans will also want to know by Season ticket renewal time the direction we are going next season. Mick being here may influence further non renewals. Evans didn’t care this season so he may not care next.
Login to get fewer ads

Next 3 games..... on 13:19 - Dec 31 with 6026 viewsBackToRussia

Next 3 games..... on 12:38 - Dec 31 by J2BLUE

Is it inevitable? I'm really not convinced.

If Evans' track record is anything to go by, absolutely nothing has been decided or arranged as yet and won't be until the eleventh hour.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Next 3 games..... on 13:21 - Dec 31 with 6012 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep we're at the crux now really — unless we can go on another mini-run in Jan we will fall further away and that's pretty much it. I don't think anyone sees us getting involved towards the lower end of the table and the minimum expectation would then be some clarity on how club and manager expect to proceed in May.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 13:23]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Next 3 games..... on 13:35 - Dec 31 with 5961 viewsJohnny_Boy

Next 3 games..... on 13:21 - Dec 31 by SomethingBlue

Yep we're at the crux now really — unless we can go on another mini-run in Jan we will fall further away and that's pretty much it. I don't think anyone sees us getting involved towards the lower end of the table and the minimum expectation would then be some clarity on how club and manager expect to proceed in May.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 13:23]

If - and this is a big if - were our playoff campaign to end considerably early & mathematically we are safe from relegation - should:

1. M.E. offer MM an early severance package (offer him
£1m instead of paying him £3m if sacked)

2. Introduce new manager

3. Offer incentive to early bird ST holders to renew then for next season.
Next 3 games..... on 13:38 - Dec 31 with 5945 viewstextbackup

Next 3 games..... on 13:35 - Dec 31 by Johnny_Boy

If - and this is a big if - were our playoff campaign to end considerably early & mathematically we are safe from relegation - should:

2. Introduce new manager

It’s not going to cost ME that much to sack MM is it! Every mo th closer to June it reduces

Next 3 games..... on 13:39 - Dec 31 with 5947 viewsSomethingBlue

2. Introduce new manager

4 — Have something else lined up, and announce that Mick will be leaving in May. If we're absolutely cushioned in mid-table then maybe let him go early and give Nash the team for the last few games. It's a really tough one to manage, I agree, but something has to give before April surely.

Next 3 games..... on 13:40 - Dec 31 with 5934 viewsHerbivore

2. Introduce new manager

We'd only have to pay up Mick's contract if he goes early, so about 5 months salary (around £500k). It's whether or not that is really worth anyone's time and money to sort out, I doubt it'd have enough of an impact for us to make that money back in ST sales. Let's be honest too, ME doesn't have a replacement lined up either. Best case scenario to keep people happy is Mick being offered a job elsewhere and us agreeing to let him go, it costs us nothing.

Next 3 games..... on 13:41 - Dec 31 with 5928 viewsJohnny_Boy

Next 3 games..... on 13:38 - Dec 31 by textbackup

It’s not going to cost ME that much to sack MM is it! Every mo th closer to June it reduces

No idea on a severance cost.
Next 3 games..... on 13:43 - Dec 31 with 5926 viewstextbackup

Next 3 games..... on 13:39 - Dec 31 by SomethingBlue

4 — Have something else lined up, and announce that Mick will be leaving in May. If we're absolutely cushioned in mid-table then maybe let him go early and give Nash the team for the last few games. It's a really tough one to manage, I agree, but something has to give before April surely.

If jan ends up a car crash in terms of results I’d say wack in someone until the end of season, someone Ipswichy, previously would have said Butcher (even tho I don’t rate him as a manager, but short term to fill position he’d do) but with what he’s had recently I doubt he’d feel up to it.

So who’d we say? GB?

Next 3 games..... on 13:46 - Dec 31 with 5914 viewsJohnny_Boy

Next 3 games..... on 13:40 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

We'd only have to pay up Mick's contract if he goes early, so about 5 months salary (around £500k). It's whether or not that is really worth anyone's time and money to sort out, I doubt it'd have enough of an impact for us to make that money back in ST sales. Let's be honest too, ME doesn't have a replacement lined up either. Best case scenario to keep people happy is Mick being offered a job elsewhere and us agreeing to let him go, it costs us nothing.

Cheers. I really had no idea of how much a severance deal might cost.
Saying that, you wouldn't begrudge the man a £1m golden handshake, surely?
Whilst things haven't gone exactly to plan, he steadied the ship, gave us a bit of excitement.

Anyway, like you say. A replacement would need to be found & I doubt Marcus has got anyone lined up.
Next 3 games..... on 13:46 - Dec 31 with 5914 viewsSomethingBlue

Next 3 games..... on 13:43 - Dec 31 by textbackup

If jan ends up a car crash in terms of results I’d say wack in someone until the end of season, someone Ipswichy, previously would have said Butcher (even tho I don’t rate him as a manager, but short term to fill position he’d do) but with what he’s had recently I doubt he’d feel up to it.

So who’d we say? GB?

If we were nailed-on safe I'd genuinely say give Nash a few games, maybe helped by Klug. Constructive exercise for all. But lots of ifs and buts before that!

Next 3 games..... on 13:47 - Dec 31 with 5909 viewsSuperfrans

It Mick is going at the end of the season, Evans won’t say goodbye until we are mathematically out of play offs and mathematically safe from relegation. That is unlikely to be until April at the earliest, realistically speaking.

Edit: one caveat to this is if Evans and McCarthy reach a mutual decision earlier than this, when the season is “probably” over, if not mathmatically - AND there is an obvious candidate who we want to go for and who just happens to be available at that moment, and who we might miss out on if we delay...
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 13:51]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Next 3 games..... on 13:48 - Dec 31 with 5903 viewsHerbivore

Next 3 games..... on 13:46 - Dec 31 by Johnny_Boy

Cheers. I really had no idea of how much a severance deal might cost.
Saying that, you wouldn't begrudge the man a £1m golden handshake, surely?
Whilst things haven't gone exactly to plan, he steadied the ship, gave us a bit of excitement.

Anyway, like you say. A replacement would need to be found & I doubt Marcus has got anyone lined up.

I'd begrudge us spending £1m of our limited budget on letting Mick go a few months early when he could be let go for nothing in May. We can't really afford to waste that kind of money. As I said, best case scenario if we don't pick up a few results quickly is that another side comes in for him and we don't lose anything or possibly even get a bit of compo.

Next 3 games..... on 13:49 - Dec 31 with 5900 viewsJohnny_Boy

Next 3 games..... on 13:39 - Dec 31 by SomethingBlue

Do you think Klug's ship has sailed? In regards to any dealings with the first team (assistant, etc)
Next 3 games..... on 13:55 - Dec 31 with 5877 viewsSomethingBlue

Next 3 games..... on 13:49 - Dec 31 by Johnny_Boy

Do you think Klug's ship has sailed? In regards to any dealings with the first team (assistant, etc)

In any long-term capacity yes, but could see him helping to make do for a few weeks if needed.

Next 3 games..... on 14:11 - Dec 31 with 5837 viewsbournemouthblue

Next 3 games..... on 13:03 - Dec 31 by ParisBlue

If you assume that it'll take a minimum of 75 points for the play-offs then we'll need another 39 from 21 games. Only Wolves (48), Cardiff (44) and Bristol City (40) got that over the first 21 games of this season, so you're looking at top 3 form to scrape into the play-offs (Fulham in 6th place had 80 last season).

It'll be interesting what sort of team we put out against Sheff Utd. McDonnell and Moore are cuptied, Rowe is at Lincoln, and of the injured it looks likely that only Skuse will be back by then and I doubt MM will risk him - especially if he plays against Fulham. I can see Sheff Utd taking it even less seriously than us.

I would reckon it will be approaching 80

The top six seem to be a little better than the rest, much like the season where we finished sixth

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Next 3 games..... on 14:27 - Dec 31 with 5807 viewsHerbivore

Next 3 games..... on 13:48 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

I'd begrudge us spending £1m of our limited budget on letting Mick go a few months early when he could be let go for nothing in May. We can't really afford to waste that kind of money. As I said, best case scenario if we don't pick up a few results quickly is that another side comes in for him and we don't lose anything or possibly even get a bit of compo.

MothersAgainstKids, you think we should be spending £1m to get rid of Mick a few months early?

Next 3 games..... on 14:28 - Dec 31 with 5794 viewsElderGrizzly

Next 3 games..... on 14:27 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

MothersAgainstKids, you think we should be spending £1m to get rid of Mick a few months early?

Won’t be the most bizarre thing Pazelle has said tbh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024