Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy 22:56 - Jan 4 with 3961 viewskizaitfc

Selling Bart for £4-5m now will mean any keeper we look to sign as replacement in Jan will be massively overpriced and be rejected by MM and ME.

We will therefore be stuck with some poor mans replacement (Leon Best esq) until the summer.

Why not agree with Bart that we will sell him in the summer if he still wants to leave?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 22:59 - Jan 4 with 3947 viewsHerbivore

Can't see us bringing in Leon Best to play in goal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 23:00 - Jan 4 with 3941 viewskizaitfc

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 22:59 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Mick loves a square post in a round hole, or is the other way around

We will probably sign Gabor Kiraly or get Julian Speroni coming the other way

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 00:02 - Jan 5 with 3868 viewsfactual_blue

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 23:00 - Jan 4 by kizaitfc

Mick loves a square post in a round hole, or is the other way around

We will probably sign Gabor Kiraly or get Julian Speroni coming the other way

Or Zsa Zsa Gabor...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 00:21 - Jan 5 with 3839 viewsBLUEGOLD

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 22:59 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Well Best must be a better goalie than forward surely
Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 08:56 - Jan 5 with 3749 viewsTIB

A deal might not be on the table in the summer. Cash in whilst we can...get Shaka in and crack on.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 08:59 - Jan 5 with 3747 viewsRadlett_blue

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 00:21 - Jan 5 by BLUEGOLD

Well Best must be a better goalie than forward surely

Best has not exactly been banging them in for his latest club. No wonder Charlton are rumoured to be in for Kieffer Moore!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:24 - Jan 5 with 3693 viewsSW6Tractor

Our season is all but over though. We're not bad enough to go down, nor good enough to be top 6. His sale will not be our downfall even though it will cost us a few more goals.

It gives a good servant of the club a chance to play at a higher level before his career is out and a chance to make his national side for the World Cup. The cash helps too.
Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:27 - Jan 5 with 3686 viewsTIB

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:24 - Jan 5 by SW6Tractor

Our season is all but over though. We're not bad enough to go down, nor good enough to be top 6. His sale will not be our downfall even though it will cost us a few more goals.

It gives a good servant of the club a chance to play at a higher level before his career is out and a chance to make his national side for the World Cup. The cash helps too.

Spot on.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:28 - Jan 5 with 3679 viewsblueislander

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:24 - Jan 5 by SW6Tractor

Quite right. It would be churlish, and possibly counter-productive to stand in his way. 4 million plus add-ons seems fair to me.
Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:30 - Jan 5 with 3669 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, this. Have to be pragmatic about it really. Bart has been a great servant and deserves a crack at the Prem, he may not get another chance to do so, and it increases his chances of making it to the World Cup this summer. We get £4m plus (fee hasn't been agreed yet and we've got decent fees before when we've sold) for a keeper with no Prem experience and who is past 30. It's the right move.

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:39 - Jan 5 with 3638 viewschicoazul

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 08:56 - Jan 5 by TIB

A deal might not be on the table in the summer. Cash in whilst we can...get Shaka in and crack on.

ahhh, Shaka. Great days man.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:41 - Jan 5 with 3634 viewsblueislander

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:39 - Jan 5 by chicoazul

ahhh, Shaka. Great days man.

And if we sell Moore we can go for Batistuta.
Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:58 - Jan 5 with 3612 viewsnoggin

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:41 - Jan 5 by blueislander

And if we sell Moore we can go for Batistuta.

Give them both trials in the Lazio friendly.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:05 - Jan 5 with 3594 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think it's very risky to say we're not bad enough to go down.

Some of the saves Bart has pulled off have quite frankily been rediculous. I don't know any keeper with no budget who would be able to offer what Bart does.

For me, losing Bart will turn us into relegation candidates 100%

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:09 - Jan 5 with 3586 viewsHerbivore

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:05 - Jan 5 by FrimleyBlue

I think it's very risky to say we're not bad enough to go down.

Some of the saves Bart has pulled off have quite frankily been rediculous. I don't know any keeper with no budget who would be able to offer what Bart does.

For me, losing Bart will turn us into relegation candidates 100%

He made a very good save against Derby away and clawed one off the line well against Forest. Otherwise I'm struggling to think of any saves he's made that have been out of the ordinary recently. He's also been caught a bit flat footed a couple of times too. He's a good keeper but I think people overstate it sometimes, partly because he also seems to be an all round bit of a legend.

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:23 - Jan 5 with 3562 viewsblueislander

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:09 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

He made a very good save against Derby away and clawed one off the line well against Forest. Otherwise I'm struggling to think of any saves he's made that have been out of the ordinary recently. He's also been caught a bit flat footed a couple of times too. He's a good keeper but I think people overstate it sometimes, partly because he also seems to be an all round bit of a legend.

If he goes to Palace, or indeed any other Premier club, he will be on a sharp learning curve in respect of his distribution. He will not be encouraged just to lump the ball in a general area of the field , which it seems , is what he has been coached to do by McCarthy.
Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:39 - Jan 5 with 3536 viewsPinewoodblue

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:23 - Jan 5 by blueislander

If he goes to Palace, or indeed any other Premier club, he will be on a sharp learning curve in respect of his distribution. He will not be encouraged just to lump the ball in a general area of the field , which it seems , is what he has been coached to do by McCarthy.

Suspect Bart is more then capable of better ball distribution but as you say you have to play in the way the manager dictates.

No doubt there are many others in the squad willing and able to pass to feet, play in a more acceptable style but they are restricted by team orders. Remember how even under Burley you could hear complaints about full bavks not crossing the half way line with ball at feet.( Not in every game).
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 10:43]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:40 - Jan 5 with 3535 viewsHerbivore

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 10:23 - Jan 5 by blueislander

I don't think it's about coaching, he's just not very comfortable with the ball. Even his punts are pretty poor and I'd have no confidence in him trying to play it out with his feet. He's got better at commanding his area since he first arrived but he's still got room for improvement there too. Cracking shot stopper though.

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 12:08 - Jan 5 with 3486 viewsJimmy86

Selling Bart now, didn't we learn this with Murphy on 09:30 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Yeah, this. Have to be pragmatic about it really. Bart has been a great servant and deserves a crack at the Prem, he may not get another chance to do so, and it increases his chances of making it to the World Cup this summer. We get £4m plus (fee hasn't been agreed yet and we've got decent fees before when we've sold) for a keeper with no Prem experience and who is past 30. It's the right move.

Only would be the right move if the money is reinvested in the squad and that hasn't always been the case. Plus Gerken is injured and simply not up to it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024