Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only caught the end of the presser 13:35 - Jan 12 with 1942 viewsBrixtonBlue

but Mick seemed a bit arsey didn't he? No love lost between him and Watson.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:36 - Jan 12 with 1930 viewsLankHenners

Probably a bit pissed off that Watson asked him the same question 6 times in a row.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:39 - Jan 12 with 1905 viewsSWGF

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:36 - Jan 12 by LankHenners

Probably a bit pissed off that Watson asked him the same question 6 times in a row.

To be fair to Watson, he's only asking questions that we want answers to and trying to word them in such a way that McCarthy doesn't get too pi$$ed off; Adeyemi's strange disappearance, transfer targets, transfer budgets, MM's contract situation and the potential knock-on effects to players whose contracts are also expiring.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:41 - Jan 12 with 1876 viewsKieran_Knows

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:39 - Jan 12 by SWGF

To be fair to Watson, he's only asking questions that we want answers to and trying to word them in such a way that McCarthy doesn't get too pi$$ed off; Adeyemi's strange disappearance, transfer targets, transfer budgets, MM's contract situation and the potential knock-on effects to players whose contracts are also expiring.

He's asked the same questions for like the last 6 weeks and has near enough got the same answer every time, so I can't see Mick changing his stance anytime soon on any of those issues.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:45 - Jan 12 with 1827 viewsSWGF

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:41 - Jan 12 by Kieran_Knows

He's asked the same questions for like the last 6 weeks and has near enough got the same answer every time, so I can't see Mick changing his stance anytime soon on any of those issues.

Got to ask though, hasn't he? What else is there to talk about? Bart's "calf strain"?!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:45 - Jan 12 with 1820 viewsKieran_Knows

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:45 - Jan 12 by SWGF

Got to ask though, hasn't he? What else is there to talk about? Bart's "calf strain"?!

Indeed, just isn't getting much joy and p*ssing Mick off even more in the process. Them pesky calf strains, eh?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:46 - Jan 12 with 1814 viewsLankHenners

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:39 - Jan 12 by SWGF

I get the point of trying to push for an answer but after the first couple of times he just went on to ask 'so it's the same as it's always been with regards to budget?' 3 or 4 times in a row with very mild adjustments. His future will get asked periodically and increasingly as the season goes on I imagine, where Mick'll continue to give 'I'm concentrating on the next game' answers until the end of the season where we'll probably all hear an announcement.

Conversely, I thought he should have pushed on Adeyemi more - surely Mick should be able to give some rough time frame even if it's 'not looking like before the end of the season'?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Only caught the end of the presser on 14:02 - Jan 12 with 1745 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thats his default setting.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:41 - Jan 13 with 1475 viewschristiand

Only caught the end of the presser on 13:45 - Jan 12 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, just isn't getting much joy and p*ssing Mick off even more in the process. Them pesky calf strains, eh?!

Watson is fair with his praise and criticism of the club. Just wish that when he asked MM a question he allows him to answer it, instead of giving him possible answers at the end of his original question. I know that when I am watching the press conferences I hope they ask MM this or that and invariably Watson does it.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 11:43]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024