Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone 13:48 - Feb 8 with 2356 viewsunstableblue

I actually don't think there is any substance to it, just bookmakers putting 2 and 2 together.

But its a perfect scenario if he was to leave immediately.

He leaves with us secure from relegation, a squad with a little promise, and with some dignity and some love left with the fans (in some quarters at least).

We finally get a young technical manager in whose on the way up, who gets quite a number of games to assess the squad, bring in new ideas and get ready for next season. Which may take two steps back before going 4 forward - but at least do it this season not next.

I'd go to every game left if there was a new project to support!! with Mick i've just been burnt so many times with dire, energyless games, set-up to sit deep.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 13:53 - Feb 8 with 2320 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not surprising he's so low in the odds when many of them want him there. People suggest a name, convince themselves there's something in it and then put some money on it which shortens the odds.

If it happens I think they'll appoint a caretaker until the end of the season and he'll take over if they survive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 13:53 - Feb 8 with 2319 viewsitfcjoe

The 4th paragraph is the dream - but may also be the big spanner in the works!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 13:53 - Feb 8 with 2319 viewsSWGF

"We finally get a young technical manager"

Do we, though? Really?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 13:54]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 13:54 - Feb 8 with 2308 viewsJimmyJazz

There's a huge assumption that we would hire a young technical manager. What if we don't hire someone either young or technical?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 13:54 - Feb 8 with 2307 viewsHerbivore

Home games on the whole have been decent this season but the goodwill tank is empty as far as Mick is concerned so poor performances tend to get talked up and good ones get glossed over. It's absolutely the right time for him to go and leaving to go to Barnsley is almost too perfect for it to actually happen but I'd be happy if it did.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 13:59 - Feb 8 with 2289 viewsITFC_Forever

The whole thing is a load of rubbish.

There's no way he'll take the job if he's not in full control of team affairs, including player recruitment, which is what will happen if they continue to go down the money-ball route their new owners seem to want to do.

And with regard to paragraph 4, all the likely candidates would already be in a job at a crucial stage of the season (Potter apart), so we would need a caretaker to see us through to the end of the season....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:07 - Feb 8 with 2239 viewsDubtractor

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 13:59 - Feb 8 by ITFC_Forever

The whole thing is a load of rubbish.

There's no way he'll take the job if he's not in full control of team affairs, including player recruitment, which is what will happen if they continue to go down the money-ball route their new owners seem to want to do.

And with regard to paragraph 4, all the likely candidates would already be in a job at a crucial stage of the season (Potter apart), so we would need a caretaker to see us through to the end of the season....

Not sure I totally agree 're your last point. After all, Leeds just got someone who'd signed a new contract just days earlier.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:08 - Feb 8 with 2225 viewsITFC_Forever

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:07 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

Not sure I totally agree 're your last point. After all, Leeds just got someone who'd signed a new contract just days earlier.

Leeds are massive though (or so they tell everyone!).

If our candidates include the likes of Jones, Clarke etc, I'm not sure their clubs will let them go at this stage of the season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:21 - Feb 8 with 2182 viewschicoazul

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 13:53 - Feb 8 by SWGF

"We finally get a young technical manager"

Do we, though? Really?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 13:54]

We tried that with Keane, how did that go?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:21 - Feb 8 with 2176 viewschicoazul

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:07 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

Could you see us paying a 500k release clause on a Manager?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:24 - Feb 8 with 2165 viewsIllinoisblue

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:21 - Feb 8 by chicoazul

young, yes, but more showbiz than technical

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:25 - Feb 8 with 2162 viewsPinewoodblue

A young technical manager aka First team coach. Think we would need a Director of Football first as a young technical manager is likely to lack the experience to fulfill the full role. Necessary as we don't have anyone else who has the necessary experience.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:45 - Feb 8 with 2102 viewsSWGF

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:21 - Feb 8 by chicoazul

He was "young", but I think Sbragia was the "technical" bit. But we didn't get him.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 17:36 - Feb 8 with 1940 viewsBlueBadger

Mick to Barnsley is a win/win for everyone on 14:25 - Feb 8 by Pinewoodblue

A young technical manager aka First team coach. Think we would need a Director of Football first as a young technical manager is likely to lack the experience to fulfill the full role. Necessary as we don't have anyone else who has the necessary experience.

Burley as DoF, any thoughts for manager?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024