Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sparky help 09:45 - Feb 13 with 1391 viewsLord_Lucan

I am fitting a new three switch light thingy (only two lights connected though) and I was hoping to just follow the old wires but the holes in the new one are different from the old one.

from old to new -

I was thinking of putting top left wire in second hole in and top right in far right hole.

bottom left wire in far left hole and the final two in far right.

Sound ok? Any comments welcome whilst I drink my coffee prior to the operation.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 09:48 - Feb 13 with 1366 views_

Sparky help on 09:53 - Feb 13 with 1357 viewsBluefish

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. Took the old one off expecting to simply replicate and it was completely different. No idea what the answer was but i was forced to read the instructions and probably consult youtube. Scary moment touching it the 1st time to switch it on

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sparky help on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 1309 viewsusm

Earth calling Lucan

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Sparky help on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 1310 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sparky help on 09:53 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. Took the old one off expecting to simply replicate and it was completely different. No idea what the answer was but i was forced to read the instructions and probably consult youtube. Scary moment touching it the 1st time to switch it on

The instructions are usually really small and barely readable. I replaced a few switches in the house and they seem ok. Although in one of the bathrooms the switch we used to use for the light now turns on the fan and vice versa. You also have to turn the switch up rather than down to turn the light on.

But I did this two years ago and we are all still alive.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 10:20]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sparky help on 10:23 - Feb 13 with 1293 viewsNo9

FLASH/BANG/WALLOP!
Sparky help on 11:38 - Feb 13 with 1221 viewsLord_Lucan

Sparky help on 10:20 - Feb 13 by usm

Earth calling Lucan

It was a success!

I then tried to add a dimmer thing to some lights which I assumed would be straightforward but they won't work, they also never blew up so I am assuming that the lights aren't compatible with a dimmer.

I am awaiting advice via PM from Scummer Yoda, you don't think he will stitch me up do you?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sparky help on 14:22 - Feb 13 with 1146 viewsBasuco

Sparky help on 11:38 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

It was a success!

I then tried to add a dimmer thing to some lights which I assumed would be straightforward but they won't work, they also never blew up so I am assuming that the lights aren't compatible with a dimmer.

I am awaiting advice via PM from Scummer Yoda, you don't think he will stitch me up do you?

I do know that dimable LED light bulbs need an LED compatible dimmer switch, but like you I am just a have a go DIYer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024