Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It has just dawned on me how nice it was 10:34 - Mar 5 with 5913 viewsBluefish

To have a weekend without the circus of the mickout brigade. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good away day of people supporting the team.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 10:39 - Mar 5 with 3812 viewsJ2BLUE

Have more days like that, just don't log in...

...please?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 10:42 - Mar 5 with 3812 viewsSitfcB

Itfc twitter brigade still found something to argue about though!

#NoWayJose

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 3804 viewsBluefish

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 10:42 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

#NoWayJose

Utterly bizarre that people could find negativity in that. I'm sure other clubs don't have the same amount of negative people that look so hard to find things to hate

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:28 - Mar 5 with 3739 viewsmarcus1642

Mick out!

Paul Clement in!
It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:32 - Mar 5 with 3732 viewstextbackup

You mean mick out vs mick in... both sides are as bad as each other

We win the inners are smug thinking he’s a world beater
Lose and outers blame the lot on him

In all honesty there’s fck all to play for, not one single fixture left excites me, I pray he won’t be around next season and I’m bored senseless of our seasons being over in Feb.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:33 - Mar 5 with 3741 viewsReuser_is_God

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 10:47 - Mar 5 by Bluefish

Utterly bizarre that people could find negativity in that. I'm sure other clubs don't have the same amount of negative people that look so hard to find things to hate

He’s a bit pathetic & desperate though isn’t he?

Some bloke came over from Florida for the game, there wasn’t the same out pouring for him that Jose got.

The whole thing was embarrassing - Rob Chandler trying to blag him some free speedway tickets FFS

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:39 - Mar 5 with 3715 viewsPinewoodblue

Haven't missed the Mick walks on water brigade either.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:46 - Mar 5 with 3709 viewsFinidiCentenary

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:33 - Mar 5 by Reuser_is_God

Some bloke came over from Florida for the game, there wasn’t the same out pouring for him that Jose got.

The whole thing was embarrassing - Rob Chandler trying to blag him some free speedway tickets FFS

But he's a super fan.

He chose to support us after seeing us on TV 5 years ago and since has flown over a couple of times at a probably cost of a few hundred quid.

Meanwhile, there are probably 50 fans at least who have been to every home and away game for the last 10 years, another couple of hundred who have been to all the away games this year and more importantly 10,000 people that still turn up to watch this snore fest week in, week out.

People that have supported the club for 40-50 years loyally were rewarded with a price rise for 60-64 and no compassion at all from the club when they voiced their grievance. There are plenty of fans that go to more games than me, but I had 4-5 seasons of going to every home and away game (bar two when I couldn't get out of work). Been a season ticket holder since the 70's etc. There are hundred and thousands of us out there who've got nothing from the club.

But some weird kid who took a liking to ITFC is given free tickets and made into some superstar because it plays out nicely on social media. Sadly rewarding elderly fans not on social media for being loyal is just not as sexy is it.

It's not his fault but I can see why plenty of loyal fans are annoyed that the club ignore them, while going out of its way to promote some kid who has made a couple of trips here on the basis of playing as Ipswich on FIFA or Football Manager.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 11:52]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Login to get fewer ads

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:52 - Mar 5 with 3690 viewsBlueBadger

So, you thought you'd pitch up on a Monday and set it off instead?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:54 - Mar 5 with 3676 viewsSitfcB

And someone from Australia....and someone from Denmark.....!

Plus we have countless Norwegians come over for nearly every game.

Is a bit wrong to offer one person a free ticket.

COYB

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:57 - Mar 5 with 3673 viewsFinidiCentenary

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:54 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

And someone from Australia....and someone from Denmark.....!

Plus we have countless Norwegians come over for nearly every game.

Is a bit wrong to offer one person a free ticket.

It's directly related to this Jose being a total social media ..............and retweeting, reposting and tweeting absolutely everything the club puts out.

Let's be honest. They could do what Forest have done and send a free ticket to every season ticket holder that left in the last 3 years for the next home match and it would barely cost the club anything extra in overheads, policing and so on. They'd probably actually make it back in renewals from those that realised how much they'd missed it.

But instead they offer a kid like this a free ticket because it's publicity.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:04 - Mar 5 with 3658 viewsLankHenners

The speedway thing is crazy - really weird how he's treated like some sort of divine being because he tweets the club every day with cringy uber-positive messages.

As has been said, he's hardly the only long-distance fan who had their plans for the weekend derailed. All very nice and puts the club in a good light I guess but it feels a bit off that he seems to get special treatment.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:06 - Mar 5 with 3649 viewsJ2BLUE

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 10:42 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

#NoWayJose

That guy gets too much stick. It's not his fault is people have rallied round him. Can't believe people are taking shots at him. We barely fill half of our ground and he's coming from Spain to support us. Might be a bit OTT but he deserves some credit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:12 - Mar 5 with 3620 viewsBenters2

balls.
It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:14 - Mar 5 with 3599 viewsReuser_is_God

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:04 - Mar 5 by LankHenners

The speedway thing is crazy - really weird how he's treated like some sort of divine being because he tweets the club every day with cringy uber-positive messages.

As has been said, he's hardly the only long-distance fan who had their plans for the weekend derailed. All very nice and puts the club in a good light I guess but it feels a bit off that he seems to get special treatment.

This.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:15 - Mar 5 with 3596 viewsIllinoisblue

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:52 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

So, you thought you'd pitch up on a Monday and set it off instead?

He’ll be crying soon about being under the threat of the banhammer

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:17 - Mar 5 with 3585 viewsBiGDonnie

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 10:47 - Mar 5 by Bluefish

Some other clubs are worse than a few people moaning online.

Everton fans want Allardyce sacked after he 'smirked' after a question about the fans.

A West Ham fan stopped David Gold in his car to berate and intimidate him. Disgusting behaviour.

We're really not as bad as some make out.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:21 - Mar 5 with 3571 viewsITFC_Forever

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 11:57 - Mar 5 by FinidiCentenary

It's directly related to this Jose being a total social media ..............and retweeting, reposting and tweeting absolutely everything the club puts out.

Let's be honest. They could do what Forest have done and send a free ticket to every season ticket holder that left in the last 3 years for the next home match and it would barely cost the club anything extra in overheads, policing and so on. They'd probably actually make it back in renewals from those that realised how much they'd missed it.

But instead they offer a kid like this a free ticket because it's publicity.

That could back-fire spectacularly.

Say we did that for a game, played like idiots and lost 0-3. Those who had stopped coming would simply have the decision to walk away 1000% affirmed.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:22 - Mar 5 with 3564 viewsITFC_Forever

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:17 - Mar 5 by BiGDonnie

Some other clubs are worse than a few people moaning online.

Everton fans want Allardyce sacked after he 'smirked' after a question about the fans.

A West Ham fan stopped David Gold in his car to berate and intimidate him. Disgusting behaviour.

We're really not as bad as some make out.

To be fair, if Allardyce was our manager, I'd want him out too.

Everton fans are embarrassed they appointed him in the first place.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:31 - Mar 5 with 3549 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:06 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

That guy gets too much stick. It's not his fault is people have rallied round him. Can't believe people are taking shots at him. We barely fill half of our ground and he's coming from Spain to support us. Might be a bit OTT but he deserves some credit.

Oh J2 you should see it on twitter though.

He announces his arrival like he’s the pope.

I see he’s been reimbursed the plane and match ticket for Saturday. Surely I’m due my train ticket refund if I kick up a fuss too?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:36 - Mar 5 with 3524 viewsKieran_Knows

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:06 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

As Sitters alluded to, other fans from around the world had made the journey for Saturday .... but it doesn't look like their getting the same 'treatment'/publicity as Jose is? Begs the question, where does it all stop (in terms of handouts, and to whom)?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 12:39]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:38 - Mar 5 with 3513 viewsFinidiCentenary

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:21 - Mar 5 by ITFC_Forever

That could back-fire spectacularly.

Say we did that for a game, played like idiots and lost 0-3. Those who had stopped coming would simply have the decision to walk away 1000% affirmed.

So you don't want to risk losing the fans that we have already lost?

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:41 - Mar 5 with 3497 viewsSitfcB

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:31 - Mar 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Oh J2 you should see it on twitter though.

He announces his arrival like he’s the pope.

I see he’s been reimbursed the plane and match ticket for Saturday. Surely I’m due my train ticket refund if I kick up a fuss too?

Someone has offered to pay for his flight to a game to go with the free ticket the club have offered.

COYB

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:42 - Mar 5 with 3491 viewsSitfcB

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:36 - Mar 5 by Kieran_Knows

As Sitters alluded to, other fans from around the world had made the journey for Saturday .... but it doesn't look like their getting the same 'treatment'/publicity as Jose is? Begs the question, where does it all stop (in terms of handouts, and to whom)?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 12:39]

Yep, definitely set a precedent.

COYB

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:46 - Mar 5 with 3471 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It has just dawned on me how nice it was on 12:41 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

Someone has offered to pay for his flight to a game to go with the free ticket the club have offered.

But the point is if it’s done for one person, shouldn’t it be for everyone?

The Aussie guy hasn’t been offered a ticket by the club but Jose has. Because he reviews planet blue on twitter telling them all how much he loves Suffolk and he loves them.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024