Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Cohen in the Spectator on football's moral bankruptcy 10:33 - Mar 7 with 1226 viewsSteve_M

And Zac Cox only has a name because he is a Westerner. Other casualties of the Qatari World Cup remain unknown.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/morally-bankrupt-sport-fans-will-forgive-a

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nick Cohen in the Spectator on football's moral bankruptcy on 10:34 - Mar 7 with 1212 viewsunbelievablue

Cohen is a town fan isn't he?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Nick Cohen in the Spectator on football's moral bankruptcy on 10:37 - Mar 7 with 1202 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was going to post that in reply to your comment on the Boris Johnson thread about Qatar being awarded the WC.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nick Cohen in the Spectator on football's moral bankruptcy on 10:39 - Mar 7 with 1190 viewsunbelievablue

Nick Cohen in the Spectator on football's moral bankruptcy on 10:37 - Mar 7 by GlasgowBlue

I was going to post that in reply to your comment on the Boris Johnson thread about Qatar being awarded the WC.

I want to make a stand and boycott Qatar, but it feels so pointless.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Nick Cohen in the Spectator on football's moral bankruptcy on 10:49 - Mar 7 with 1182 viewsSteve_M

Nick Cohen in the Spectator on football's moral bankruptcy on 10:34 - Mar 7 by unbelievablue

Cohen is a town fan isn't he?

I have a feeling he's a southern Manchester United one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nick Cohen in the Spectator on football's moral bankruptcy on 10:50 - Mar 7 with 1182 viewsNo9

A good article, thanks for posting it. However it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know and perhaps as supported of the 'beautiful game' we should have protested against long ago.

As far as HSE in Qatar & other projects in the area is concerned, that too has been the subject of scrutiny for a long while. Again the UK isn't clean on this because many of the main contractors come to agents in the UK because there is a large pool of untapped labour willing to travel to these places.

The real issue here is what do we do about it?
As the opportunities for skilled & talented UK labour ends in the EU more will travel to these places where the ethics & morals of workplace practices is at best questionable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024