Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! 13:42 - Mar 13 with 2151 viewsshamboy

I think Brenner has now got caught up in the mood of the moment. Surely it's not beyond the wit of man to ask intelligent football questions, rather than populist loaded questions which he can spot a mile off.
That's the point with Mick. If you ask him a loaded question, or express a criticism shrouded in a question, he is likely to cut you dead. He has been doing the job for decades, after all.
But ask balanced football questions, and he will actually enjoy answering. But those questions are so rarely asked.
Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 13:46 - Mar 13 with 2122 viewsIllinoisblue

you seriously expect a journalist not to ask a question about a manager's future when the chief exec has just said things will become clear in a couple of weeks?

Also, Mick was uber prickly about the football questions too.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:22 - Mar 13 with 2046 viewsCaptMickMills

Very valid question following comment by managing director. MM wouldn't even answer football related questions about tactics yesterday. Another valid question why pick defensive minded team at home when need to win game? Arrogance personified.
Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:25 - Mar 13 with 2037 viewsReuser_is_God

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 13:46 - Mar 13 by Illinoisblue

you seriously expect a journalist not to ask a question about a manager's future when the chief exec has just said things will become clear in a couple of weeks?

Was a very strange presser yesterday.

I think Mick has done well with the press recently but he lost it yesterday.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:30 - Mar 13 with 2011 viewsitfcjoe

When phil started asking him a football question he was shot down to not speak about tactics

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:32 - Mar 13 with 2000 viewsKieran_Knows

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 13:46 - Mar 13 by Illinoisblue

I'm not defending Mick in any way shape or form, but the majority of press conferences lately have been around his future etc.

Admittedly it looks like Milne dropped a clanger with his comments on the weekend, which then leads back to Mick, but that again shows where the problem lies, at the very top.

The whole situation should've been cleared up ages ago, whether that's Mick staying, Mick going, whatever the outcome. However, it's just been left to fester for week after week, and yesterday was (probably) the final straw for Mick in terms of being repeatedly asked.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 14:32]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:36 - Mar 13 with 1978 viewsGarv

Questions asked by journos and TV are generally rubbish and pointless. Statements with questions marks on the end are Brenner's speciality. Phil seemed to be on the right track asking about players/formations yesterday and as someone said he was shot down.

Even top TV people that do post match for sky and BBC etc don't ask the right questions.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:42 - Mar 13 with 1937 viewsReuser_is_God

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:32 - Mar 13 by Kieran_Knows

I'm not defending Mick in any way shape or form, but the majority of press conferences lately have been around his future etc.

Admittedly it looks like Milne dropped a clanger with his comments on the weekend, which then leads back to Mick, but that again shows where the problem lies, at the very top.

The whole situation should've been cleared up ages ago, whether that's Mick staying, Mick going, whatever the outcome. However, it's just been left to fester for week after week, and yesterday was (probably) the final straw for Mick in terms of being repeatedly asked.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 14:32]

I was watching one about a month back & thought to myself ‘he’ll flip soon’ if they keep asking him.

He hasn’t been asked for a few weeks now but he was obviously going to be asked yesterday because of Milnes comments, he knew he would be & shoukdve just straight batted them like he’d done previously.

Oh well.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:45 - Mar 13 with 1928 viewsKieran_Knows

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 14:42 - Mar 13 by Reuser_is_God

I was watching one about a month back & thought to myself ‘he’ll flip soon’ if they keep asking him.

He hasn’t been asked for a few weeks now but he was obviously going to be asked yesterday because of Milnes comments, he knew he would be & shoukdve just straight batted them like he’d done previously.

Oh well.

As I say, i'm not defending him as it was obvious he was going to be asked given Milne's weekend comments.

Also, as I keep saying lately, it start's from the very top, and that's where it's ultimately going very wrong for us.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 14:46]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Now even Brenner is asking daft questions! on 18:06 - Mar 13 with 1719 viewsmonty_radio

There is not really such a thing as a "balanced football question", only balanced questioning.

If balance was given due weight in every question there could be no probing. The problem, when things are not going so well, is that if the interviewer tries to redress a zealous question by asking for friendly agreement at the end of that question, most, Mick included, will duck the probe bit and embrace the "all good chaps together bit".

But yesterday, he'd either heard bad news, was expecting it, or was deeply troubled by what Milne had said. To add that he had hardly heard of it was not credible. I think, on this occasion, that the "mood of the moment" was firmly set by Mick himself, for whatever reason.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 19:01]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024