Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst is surely gone after that 17:18 - Sep 22 with 15131 viewsSteve_M

Crap, never threatened to score. We look like we could go all season without winning a game.

Evans half-arsed ownership was bailed out by McCarthy. The gap shows now. We're going down.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:19 - Sep 22 with 7630 viewsAce_High1

No quality in the side, been saying this for ages. Not one player that actually excites.
Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:20 - Sep 22 with 7587 viewsBackToRussia

I'm guessing Evans is feeling totally clueless as to how to proceed. He's made a reputation as someone who backs his managers to the end and has given Hurst specifically long term reign to put a plan into action.

He's stuck with Hurst now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:20 - Sep 22 with 7577 viewsnoggin

Blimey Steve, you’re usually one of the more positive of us all. Things must be bad

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:20 - Sep 22 with 7554 viewsSpruceMoose

And then what? Can't sign anyone new. Stuck with the same players. Balls.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:22 - Sep 22 with 7493 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm not one to call for a manager's head so early into the season and if it was purely down to results I'd be prepared to give him more time.

But there are too many people who have decent connections to the club coming out with tales of Hurst and Doig pissing everybody off. Add that to the constant chopping and changing for no reason and I would now say it's time to cut our losses.

Annoyingly we will now get another Mick type manager to save our season rather than a young up and coming manager who would be looking at things for the long term.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:24 - Sep 22 with 7454 viewscbower

When I hear someone like you come out and say that, it really is the time to worry. The Walters injury may well be an unfortunate coincidence but it really does make Hurst and his sports science approach look stupid. How was Jon Nolan today? For me he is not worthy of a place. Tristan Nydam would be better for me. I will be at Birmingham next week. Will Paul Hurst?

bluescouser

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:29 - Sep 22 with 7355 viewsTrequartista

The problem with sacking Hurst is that the new manager still has to pick from the same group of sub-standard players.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:32 - Sep 22 with 7259 viewsPlums

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:29 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

The problem with sacking Hurst is that the new manager still has to pick from the same group of sub-standard players.

But if he picked a consistent side he might give them a chance. This constant chopping and changing would kill any team.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:36 - Sep 22 with 7173 viewsTrequartista

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:32 - Sep 22 by Plums

But if he picked a consistent side he might give them a chance. This constant chopping and changing would kill any team.

We only made one change from the team that finished against Brentford and that was in defence where we kept a clean sheet. I think the general consensus was that we should have started with the team that finished at Brentford so i think they are just not good enough.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:39 - Sep 22 with 7095 viewsdepressed

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:24 - Sep 22 by cbower

When I hear someone like you come out and say that, it really is the time to worry. The Walters injury may well be an unfortunate coincidence but it really does make Hurst and his sports science approach look stupid. How was Jon Nolan today? For me he is not worthy of a place. Tristan Nydam would be better for me. I will be at Birmingham next week. Will Paul Hurst?

Said exactly the same thing reference Nolan/ Nydam.
That performance was terrible, players running around with no idea what to do with the ball when in possession.
Too many aimless punts into the channels hoping that Jackson might latch onto something.
I wanted Hurst as our manager, hoping that he would bring some much needed excitement to Itfc, however after that I now have serious doubts that he's the right man.
To be honest I don't know who is.....really cheesed off.

Kickit

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:39 - Sep 22 with 7085 viewspointofblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:22 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not one to call for a manager's head so early into the season and if it was purely down to results I'd be prepared to give him more time.

But there are too many people who have decent connections to the club coming out with tales of Hurst and Doig pissing everybody off. Add that to the constant chopping and changing for no reason and I would now say it's time to cut our losses.

Annoyingly we will now get another Mick type manager to save our season rather than a young up and coming manager who would be looking at things for the long term.

Why would any young, upcoming manager even think about coming here in the future if we're going to axe Hurst just because of a poor start working on a tight budget?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:41 - Sep 22 with 7044 viewsReuser_is_God

Might aswell put the R next to our name.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:45 - Sep 22 with 6981 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

For the first time this season, i,m concerned. Very concerned. The green shoots of promise after the 2nd half against Brentford appear to have been sprayed with a feckin enormous dose of glyphosate.
Piss poor. Fleetwood here we come.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:46 - Sep 22 with 6967 viewsWestover

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:24 - Sep 22 by cbower

Nolan was very poor IMO he has not had a good game for us and all the hype about him being such a good player I just don't see it.
Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:47 - Sep 22 with 6926 viewsDubtractor

You'll have seen me throwing my toys out of the pram already, but that was simply woeful.

I think we need to act before it is too late.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:48 - Sep 22 with 6881 viewsbrazil1982

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:20 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

And then what? Can't sign anyone new. Stuck with the same players. Balls.

Players aren't the problem - it's the coaching and tactics.
Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:49 - Sep 22 with 6853 viewspointofblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:47 - Sep 22 by Dubtractor

You'll have seen me throwing my toys out of the pram already, but that was simply woeful.

I think he'll have until the next international break at least, so Birmingham away, Middlesbrough home and Swansea away. Bear in mind Evans stuck with Keane for 14 matches without a win.

That's unless the players down tools... oh wait, I think they have done already.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:49 - Sep 22 with 6842 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:47 - Sep 22 by Dubtractor

You know I'm not some kind of lunatic, and I really want this to work out, but I'm panicking. I think youre right. Something stinks to high heaven at the club. Something's going on and it isn't OK.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:49 - Sep 22 with 6841 viewsBiGDonnie

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:39 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

Why would any young, upcoming manager even think about coming here in the future if we're going to axe Hurst just because of a poor start working on a tight budget?

Any ‘promising’ young manager wouldn’t have fooked around with the squad like this clown had.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:50 - Sep 22 with 6816 viewsSteve_M

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:22 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

At the time, I thought you called Jewell too early but it's the same again now. And, as you say, it's the off-pitch stuff that's a deeper concern. If we can't ever build on Tuesday against a poor side then we're in trouble.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:51 - Sep 22 with 6788 viewsParamedic

I was very excited about Hursts arrival as I believe we're a lot of us. After the dross endured under MM this seemed a refreshing switch. The opening game gave us glimpses of hope and what could be. The sales of quality players of Waghorn, Garner and Webster raised eyebrows but most of us recall the sale of Dyer all those years ago allowing the manager to build a side fit for promotion. Alas, not this time people. Our new manager has filled the side with some players not fit to wear the shirt let alone grace the Championship, a tough league with so much at stake. For me Paul Hurst is out of his depth at this club. Guidance is required from an experienced candidate immediately and even then just avoiding the drop will be a successful season.

AllalallalSunderland

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:52 - Sep 22 with 6758 viewspointofblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:49 - Sep 22 by BiGDonnie

Any ‘promising’ young manager wouldn’t have fooked around with the squad like this clown had.

The squad that had the fans sing "Mick McCarthy your football is s**t" last season and the year before, you mean?

Webster, Waghorn and Garner wanted to go - maybe we could have held firm and said no but, to be fair, I think it was Mick himself who said there's no point keeping an upset player. The majority of the rest who left did so before Hurst even arrived meaning he had a rebuilding job on arrival.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:53 - Sep 22 with 6708 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:52 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

The squad that had the fans sing "Mick McCarthy your football is s**t" last season and the year before, you mean?

Webster, Waghorn and Garner wanted to go - maybe we could have held firm and said no but, to be fair, I think it was Mick himself who said there's no point keeping an upset player. The majority of the rest who left did so before Hurst even arrived meaning he had a rebuilding job on arrival.

Be careful what you wish for.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:55 - Sep 22 with 6637 viewsEly_Blue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:39 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

Tight budget you say? That may be the case but it was he who made so many wholesale changes and sanctioned spunking all the money on completely changing the entire team

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:56 - Sep 22 with 6625 viewspointofblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:53 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Be careful what you wish for.

To be fair today is the first time under Hurst I've left Portman Road feeling dejected - every other match I've seen shoots of hope, a sign of progress, some nice play. An improvement on Mick's grind them down and steal the win.

Today it was like a McCarthy performance except the players didn't give a damn either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024