Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interviews 03:34 - Apr 27 with 2822 viewsHong_Kong_Bluey

If i'm looking to fill a highly important position, I would interview as many people as possible with a wide ranging degree of skills and experience.

I would imagine the managers role at ITFC is probably quite an important position to fill, and would therefore hope Marcus interviews as many potential candidates as he can to be sure he's done all due diligence, which hopefully leads to the best possible appointment for the club.

Reading some on here spit their dummies and lose their sh1t over some links is highly amusing. It makes me wonder if the numbskulls have been cross breeding with the numpties to create a whole new breed of numishness yet to be officially discovered.
Interviews on 05:58 - Apr 27 with 2778 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Ever seen the film "idiocracy"? Very much supports your point.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Interviews on 11:50 - Apr 27 with 2569 viewsCurrie10

That's all well and good to a point, however if we don't appoint until June - lets say for example this candidate was interviewed on June 4 and was appointed on June 7 - with us not doing anything in the transfer market or anything they'd wish before then.

We'd be absolutely miles behind the other sides.

Surely
- if it's an unattached manager, announce it now before early bird deadline and start assessing our playing squad.

- That to me indicates it's a manager currently under employment and we'll be doing some transfer preparation for them now.
Interviews on 11:54 - Apr 27 with 2559 viewsOxford_Blue

The difference is that football is a public sport that is in the limelight. When most managers step into the room, you already know about them in detail: their personal and playing style, achievements and so on. There are also a range of other people in the game who you can ask for intel. When you or I interview, we have probably never met the person before and know very little about them other than what is on their CV.
Interviews on 13:09 - Apr 27 with 2519 viewsBOjK

Interviews on 11:50 - Apr 27 by Currie10

That's all well and good to a point, however if we don't appoint until June - lets say for example this candidate was interviewed on June 4 and was appointed on June 7 - with us not doing anything in the transfer market or anything they'd wish before then.

Surely
- if it's an unattached manager, announce it now before early bird deadline and start assessing our playing squad.

- That to me indicates it's a manager currently under employment and we'll be doing some transfer preparation for them now.

Eh?

We are clearly going to be interviewing potential managers who are without a job, and potential managers currently employed - presumably at a lower level, but possibly overseas.

We aren't going to offer the job to a manager with immediate availability in a short timescale because we won't have interviewed the candidates who are currently busy with their current clubs.

Who knows who Evans will eventually decide on - it seems clear he is attacking this with a commendably open mind - but you are reading far too much into the potential timescale of any new recruit.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Interviews on 17:35 - Apr 27 with 2432 viewsbefxblue

Totally agree that all options should be explored thoroughly and in detail. We're not in a perilous situation in the current league season that requires immediate large scale turnaround, so take the time needed to get it correct.
Any manager worth his salt who has a serious interest in the job will already be doing his homework on the current squad already, and I don't think rushing them in with 2 games left to go will make a massive amount of difference now.
Interviews on 17:41 - Apr 27 with 2418 viewsNo9

Yes & No.
On woud have thought an organisation such as Marcus Evans would have had screening processes in place to sort the wheat from the chaff
Having said that, it hasn't worked very well in the past.
Interviews on 17:48 - Apr 27 with 2404 viewstextbackup

I want him to interview loads for the reasons you give, to then narrow it down to say 5/6, then make them sit in a final interview infront of Evans, Klug Lee O'neil etc.... to demonstrate what their overall plan is "IF" they get the role.
if it takes 2 months it takes 2 months.

(hence whey I said ditch the last bloke sooner rather than later)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Interviews on 18:31 - Apr 27 with 2368 viewsblueislander

Interviews on 17:48 - Apr 27 by textbackup

I want him to interview loads for the reasons you give, to then narrow it down to say 5/6, then make them sit in a final interview infront of Evans, Klug Lee O'neil etc.... to demonstrate what their overall plan is "IF" they get the role.
if it takes 2 months it takes 2 months.

(hence whey I said ditch the last bloke sooner rather than later)

I would think that he will only interview half a dozen or so. There will be a behind the scenes weeding out process whittling it down to real candidates on whom due diligence will be done. Then Evans will talk to his "expert" mates. I was encouraged by his interview in that he seems to want someone who will bring a fresh outlook to the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Interviews on 18:45 - Apr 27 with 2336 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interviews on 11:50 - Apr 27 by Currie10

Surely

We've loads of time. Everyone clears of on holiday after the end of the season. And then they'll all be watching the World Cup.

And who's to say we haven't already identified targets? There's still a whole load of backroom staff in the club who'll be involved in recruitment. These days the manager seems to be only one link in the chain.

If I had to pick one thing to worry about it wouldn't be timing. It would be ME's judgement.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interviews on 18:52 - Apr 27 with 2319 viewsvapour_trail

Interviews on 17:41 - Apr 27 by No9

Yes & No.
On woud have thought an organisation such as Marcus Evans would have had screening processes in place to sort the wheat from the chaff
Having said that, it hasn't worked very well in the past.

I think he’s been very successful at separating the wheat from the chaff.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024