Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? 10:06 - May 6 with 7356 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:08 - May 6 with 6158 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Didn't realise our branch of the FLA was so old!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:28 - May 6 with 6100 viewsfabian_illness

There's a photo somewhere of me as a 4 year old stood outside our old house down Beaconsfield Rd with all the buntings up and flags flying out of the windows.
Scenes.
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:34 - May 6 with 6092 viewsMonkey_Blue

Jeans and a t-shirt I suspect. It’s the 40th anniversary of the first live game I watched on TV and also the 40th anniversary of me becoming a Town fan. I wanted the team in blue to win.
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:42 - May 6 with 6064 viewsgainsboroughblue

Hideously coloured dungarees I suspect.

I was 5.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:45 - May 6 with 6044 viewsPinewoodblue

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:08 - May 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Didn't realise our branch of the FLA was so old!

Union Jack, rather than cross of St George, was the order of the day back then.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:48 - May 6 with 6030 viewsHerbivore

My dad's ball sack.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:48 - May 6 with 6030 viewsleitrimblue

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:42 - May 6 by gainsboroughblue

I was 5.

Pair of blinding Rupert the bear style check trousers, i've seen the photos. i was 7
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:51 - May 6 with 6011 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

Aged 4 I was wearing brown corduroy flairs, tan t shirt and a stupid pudding basin hair cut.
Login to get fewer ads

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:51 - May 6 with 6008 viewsGuthrum

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:42 - May 6 by gainsboroughblue

I was 5.

Probably shorts or brown cords and a nylon polo shirt. I was just coming up to nine years old.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:51 - May 6 with 6006 viewswkj

I was bricking it thinking would I win the life lottery or end my life as daddy's tug fodder
[Post edited 6 May 2018 10:51]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:56 - May 6 with 5986 viewswitchdoctor

can’t remember what I was wearing but was nursing a stonking hangover..it hurt to join in the chanting but boy was it worth it.:😍
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 11:04 - May 6 with 5959 viewsHennikerBlu

Ironically, I would have been wearing straight light khaki (khaki-drill) Levi sta-press, trousers, Fred Perry or similar tee shirt, Hush Puppies or brogues. Short hair back combed.

This was a year/period when fashions were really starting to change or go backwards :-))

The FA Cup was such a huge day back then, with everyone finding somewhere to watch it and kids watching the build up from first thing in the morning. Not sure there is one game today that would unite the interest of all fans. Even when your team wasn't in you would pick a team for the day!

As for Town winning it.......dreamland!!!!!
[Redacted] on 11:28 - May 6 with 5890 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 11:28 - May 6 with 5891 viewsimsureazzure

One of the greatest days of my life with my father, the way the miserable sod we have just got rid of treated the FA cup was a fekin disgrace.
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 11:32 - May 6 with 5873 viewsDyland

Flared jeans and a stripey brown top, obviously.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 11:34 - May 6 with 5865 viewsBloomBlue

The bay city rollers were fashion gods, they influenced all of us
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 11:52 - May 6 with 5809 viewsFtnfwest

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 11:28 - May 6 by imsureazzure

One of the greatest days of my life with my father, the way the miserable sod we have just got rid of treated the FA cup was a fekin disgrace.

Crappy old tracksuit top and flares! That top seemed to last me years (blue Adidas three stripe of course)
What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:27 - May 6 with 5746 viewsJ2BLUE

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 10:51 - May 6 by wkj

I was bricking it thinking would I win the life lottery or end my life as daddy's tug fodder
[Post edited 6 May 2018 10:51]

Yea, a timely reminder that not all results went our way back then.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:33 - May 6 with 5728 viewsbournemouthblue

I wasn't even a twinkle in the eye sadly

What I find interesting is that back then it was Union Flags rather than England flags which were waved

It's only the Scots and Welsh waving their flags so proundly which has moved us towards England flags

Personally I'd like to see the Union Flag come back

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:35 - May 6 with 5723 viewswkj

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:33 - May 6 by bournemouthblue

I wasn't even a twinkle in the eye sadly

What I find interesting is that back then it was Union Flags rather than England flags which were waved

It's only the Scots and Welsh waving their flags so proundly which has moved us towards England flags

Personally I'd like to see the Union Flag come back

Yours was a much more civil and eloquent way of stating it
Where is our Union Jack? by Paddy39 10 Mar 2018 10:42
As an ex Army vetran of 25yrs service and a season ticket holder, why have the club stopped flying the Union Jack? I have in my service served with many other nationalities who enlisted into The Royal Hampshire Regt where I served 1972 - 1997 so where is the Flag. Are there many other vets out there who feel the same way as I do. I wear my medals with pride and if you are worrying about insulting other nationalities who by the way many have served in our armed forces anyway what do you think you are doing to your own servicemen/woman. I haven't seen the Flag fly for a month now but I hope I will see it in the near future.

There is the J2 I love and remember
[Post edited 6 May 2018 12:35]

Crybaby

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:39 - May 6 with 5714 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:50 - May 6 with 5690 viewswkj

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:39 - May 6 by factual_blue

Gosh facters, you are BUFF AF, pm me hun

Crybaby

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:52 - May 6 with 5687 viewsfactual_blue

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:50 - May 6 by wkj

Gosh facters, you are BUFF AF, pm me hun

Sadly, that was 40 years ago.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:53 - May 6 with 5682 viewswkj

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 12:52 - May 6 by factual_blue

Sadly, that was 40 years ago.

I'll be back after i've had a few

Crybaby

What were you wearing 40 years ago today? on 13:03 - May 6 with 5653 viewsEdmundo

A baby grow probably. Certainly a nappy.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024