Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? 14:24 - May 9 with 7405 viewsMaySixth

10 years no claims bonus
Me (main driver) and the wife to be included
Can anyone recommend any good places to go direct for a good value quote?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 14:25 - May 9 with 7391 viewsJackSted

https://www.comparethemarket.com/

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 14:31 - May 9 with 7366 viewsbaxterbasics

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/topcashback-compare

This cashback website will do its own comparison and you'll get cash back after a few weeks (which gets included in your comparison). It's legit and decent, I've been using it for years. My latest insurance just arranged via them came to under £300 and I will get about 10% of that back.

If you're not already a member sign up via link, and then I get a small bonus myself:

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/baxterbasics

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 14:33 - May 9 with 7359 viewsJ2BLUE

Go to a comparison site, enter your details and see what their best one is. Then check Quidco for the best cashback offer and go to the insurer's site via Quidco, not the comparison site. Re-enter your details.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 14:42 - May 9 with 7326 viewsMaySixth

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 14:33 - May 9 by J2BLUE

Go to a comparison site, enter your details and see what their best one is. Then check Quidco for the best cashback offer and go to the insurer's site via Quidco, not the comparison site. Re-enter your details.

thanks

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 14:46 - May 9 with 7314 viewsSouperJim

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 14:42 - May 9 by MaySixth

thanks

Also worth grabbing meerkat movies while you're at it, if you're the cinema-going type

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 15:03 - May 9 with 7300 viewsBluJu

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 14:46 - May 9 by SouperJim

Also worth grabbing meerkat movies while you're at it, if you're the cinema-going type

Some companies do not list with the comparison sites, such as Direct Line, who I ended up with even after doing the online searches.
Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 15:08 - May 9 with 7279 viewsSouperJim

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 15:03 - May 9 by BluJu

Some companies do not list with the comparison sites, such as Direct Line, who I ended up with even after doing the online searches.

True, but their quote has to be pretty damn competitive if they can beat all the opposition on price comparison sites, plus either cashback or 2for1 on cinema tickets for a year

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 15:18 - May 9 with 7264 viewswkj

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 15:03 - May 9 by BluJu

I used to work for them and usually with 3years +ncd they get pretty close if not better than the aggrigator prices

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 15:24 - May 9 with 7257 viewsBurwell_Blue

Use the usual comparion sites, however use a made-up number plate of a comparable car and your neighbours address.

Then, when you have the best quote, you are free to either look at quidco.co.uk and see the deals that your chosen insure has on offer (using the comparison software inside TopCashBack or QuidCo actually gets you less of a discount) - Then click the link and run a quote with the real number plate and address and reap the benefits.

nb - if you use your correct details on the comparison sites, you will not get the real discount when you go back.
Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 18:33 - May 9 with 7162 viewsNo9

For bog standard motors try the big Insurers direct, they don't have to pay brokers commission etc. & can be very competitive.

For special motors (or high risk drivers) try Adrian Flux
Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 18:36 - May 9 with 7159 viewsMaySixth

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 18:33 - May 9 by No9

For bog standard motors try the big Insurers direct, they don't have to pay brokers commission etc. & can be very competitive.

For special motors (or high risk drivers) try Adrian Flux

thanks all

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 18:46 - May 9 with 7145 viewscarlisleaway

Ask for an App to show how compotant driver you are, used Aviva and after driving 200 miles carefully was able to get 28% off my insurance
Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 18:53 - May 9 with 7138 viewsjontysnut

If you've got a Clubcard try Tesco Insurance - they did a discount which I found hard to beat. Also CO-OP sometimes offer £50 vouchers, if you can spend£50 in a COOP. Renewals are always ridiculous though.
Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 18:35 - May 18 with 6925 viewsMaySixth

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 18:53 - May 9 by jontysnut

If you've got a Clubcard try Tesco Insurance - they did a discount which I found hard to beat. Also CO-OP sometimes offer £50 vouchers, if you can spend£50 in a COOP. Renewals are always ridiculous though.

bump

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 18:44 - May 18 with 6907 viewsPinewoodblue

Some reasonable advice here but whatever you do don't accept straight away. Give your current insurer a call and give them the opportunity of beating your best quote.

Be warned though you will have to do it again next year.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 19:41 - May 18 with 6872 viewsvilanovablue

Go back to your current insurer and tell them you want it cheaper, pretty much all of the comparison sites are using a machine and algorithms to produce their prices. What is mystifying is that this isn't the cheapest price they can offer. I went back to my current insurer at renewal and nearly got 80 quid knocked off.
Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 20:58 - May 18 with 6823 viewsfarkenhell

Renewing car insurance - any wise owls out there who can help? on 19:41 - May 18 by vilanovablue

Go back to your current insurer and tell them you want it cheaper, pretty much all of the comparison sites are using a machine and algorithms to produce their prices. What is mystifying is that this isn't the cheapest price they can offer. I went back to my current insurer at renewal and nearly got 80 quid knocked off.

I'll second this. Renewed mine and my wife's last night and then contacted our current insurer's today to cancel the auto-renewal. Told them that our new policies are £140 cheaper, to be told (by the outgoing lot) that they could have beaten that.

I told the bloke that I didn't want to be drawn into a dutch auction (and how p1ssed off I am that they didn't offer that in the first place), but if you have the time and inclination, I dare say you could play one off against the other.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024