Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Wilshere 10:02 - May 18 with 6553 viewsfloridaboy

Coming across this morning as a rather bitter person.

Not played enough this season to justify a call up!
Jack Wilshere on 10:02 - May 18 with 3884 viewsKieran_Knows

Not played enough? Really?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Wilshere on 10:04 - May 18 with 3874 viewsitfcjoe

He's played more than Delph across all competitions, and actually played as a central midfielder

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Wilshere on 10:05 - May 18 with 3862 viewsdavblue

38 appearances this season suggests otherwise.
Jack Wilshere on 10:06 - May 18 with 3851 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Wilshere on 10:05 - May 18 by davblue

12 Premiership starts....

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Wilshere on 10:09 - May 18 with 3821 viewsdavblue

Jack Wilshere on 10:06 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

12 Premiership starts....

38 appearances. Whether that's in the league, Cup, Europa that's a decent number and for Wilshire it's really good.
Jack Wilshere on 10:10 - May 18 with 3811 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Wilshere on 10:09 - May 18 by davblue

38 appearances. Whether that's in the league, Cup, Europa that's a decent number and for Wilshire it's really good.

12 premiership starts.

Suggests a lack of form and / or fitness.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Wilshere on 10:12 - May 18 with 3792 viewsdavblue

Jack Wilshere on 10:10 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

12 premiership starts.

Suggests a lack of form and / or fitness.

really?
Jack Wilshere on 10:12 - May 18 with 3790 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Wilshere on 10:22 - May 18 with 3753 viewsmonty_radio

I guess he's not unaware of how good he is, especially when there's nobody proved better over a longish period at going past people then sliding the pass. Was he not just injured again though just before the squad was to be named?
[Post edited 18 May 2018 11:18]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jack Wilshere on 10:22 - May 18 with 3756 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Comes across better than Joe Hart who seemed oblivious to the fact that he hasn't been very good for a couple of seasons.
Jack Wilshere on 10:23 - May 18 with 3738 viewschicoazul

Jack Wilshere on 10:22 - May 18 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Comes across better than Joe Hart who seemed oblivious to the fact that he hasn't been very good for a couple of seasons.

The whole Joe Hart thing is really weird, he was a very decent keeper for a long time but his entire game has gone. Maybe being the face of a shampoo and promptly going bald just did him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Jack Wilshere on 10:25 - May 18 with 3728 viewsSimonds92

Jack Wilshere on 10:12 - May 18 by davblue

really?

Or that hes actually massively overrated and last season was kept out the Bournemouth team by Harry Arter. If hes had 12 prem starts but 38 overall appearances it suggests he was on the fringes of a poor Arsenal team.
Jack Wilshere on 10:26 - May 18 with 3719 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack Wilshere on 10:25 - May 18 by Simonds92

Or that hes actually massively overrated and last season was kept out the Bournemouth team by Harry Arter. If hes had 12 prem starts but 38 overall appearances it suggests he was on the fringes of a poor Arsenal team.

Even if he had one leg he'd still be better than Livermore (although granted he's only on standby).
[Post edited 18 May 2018 10:26]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Wilshere on 10:33 - May 18 with 3692 viewsgoperryrevs

Coming across as bitter? Did you read what he said, or just the headline?

"It goes without saying, I'm incredibly disappointed," said Wilshere.

"I believe I should be in the squad," he added.

"However, I have to respect the manager's decision and would like to wish the whole squad all the very best for the tournament.

"I will always be an England fan and will be supporting the boys with the rest of the nation."

That seriously comes across as bitter?

What's better? Someone who believes in their own ability and is ambitious, but still supports the team if he doesn't get in, or someone who has no ambition?

Of course, whether or not he should have gone is a different question. But bitter? Nah.
Jack Wilshere on 10:52 - May 18 with 3616 viewsMonkey_Blue

Class player capable of beating a player and threading the ball into the strikers. Personally I’d have taken him given he’s played fairly injury free this season. Very unlucky though that he’s gets a knock before the last friendlies. Would certainly had him on standby over Cook @ Bournemouth.
Jack Wilshere on 10:55 - May 18 with 3606 viewswkj

Southgate seems to think there are other players more deserving, and I tend to agree with most of his selection. As for Hart being a good keeper, I've never though he was anything more than solid and massively over hyped.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jack Wilshere on 10:58 - May 18 with 3602 viewsBluebell

Jack Wilshere on 10:05 - May 18 by davblue

Exactly.

I used to think he was too much of a sicknote to be playing for a Prem team but having watched him several times, I changed my mind.

He should be in the England team.
Jack Wilshere on 11:04 - May 18 with 3593 viewsrickw

He's played plenty enough...
I'm not sure what the correct number of games is because when we go out people will moan our players are tired they've played too many games.....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Jack Wilshere on 11:14 - May 18 with 3566 viewsSaigonTractor

Southgate doesn't seem to like players with a bad attitude. Judging by Wilshire's reaction I think it's the right call. Same with Shelvey
Jack Wilshere on 11:21 - May 18 with 3538 viewsBiGDonnie

Jack Wilshere on 10:02 - May 18 by Kieran_Knows

Not played enough? Really?

He's played enough, he's just not done enough.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Jack Wilshere on 11:37 - May 18 with 3498 viewsnshearman1

Jack Wilshere on 11:21 - May 18 by BiGDonnie

He's played enough, he's just not done enough.

Agreed. This is slightly reminiscent of when Robson took over and had trouble with Baxter & Carroll. Southgate is the new man and is being clear and objective, he has made a series of totally reasoned and thought-out decisions. He has gone for balance and form and fitness, and is looking long-term, Wilshere is not out of the equation. I think Wilshere could be missed but as things stand it was right to go without him. Disgruntled players inevitably go to the media these days, better to put up and shut up.
Jack Wilshere on 11:40 - May 18 with 3486 viewschicoazul

Jack Wilshere on 11:14 - May 18 by SaigonTractor

Southgate doesn't seem to like players with a bad attitude. Judging by Wilshire's reaction I think it's the right call. Same with Shelvey

The trouble with this is that it is often the players with the "bad attitudes" who are the best players, since their attitudes derive in part from their talent. Yet again we see an England sporting manager succumb to having good blokes around rather than the best blokes.

Jack Wilshere on 11:51 - May 18 with 3457 viewsSaigonTractor

Jack Wilshere on 11:40 - May 18 by chicoazul

The trouble with this is that it is often the players with the "bad attitudes" who are the best players, since their attitudes derive in part from their talent. Yet again we see an England sporting manager succumb to having good blokes around rather than the best blokes.

That's nonsense.

Kane and Sterling are our best players and they seem to be able to do it with a good attitude. As do most professional footballers.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 11:56]
Jack Wilshere on 11:53 - May 18 with 3453 viewsBlueBadger

Jack Wilshere on 11:40 - May 18 by chicoazul

'Attitude' players often end up being a hindrance to their clubs.
Roy Keane, for example, was a far better player when he was actually working with and for his team, rather than fuelling his own ego.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 12:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jack Wilshere on 12:05 - May 18 with 3412 viewsVaughan8

He is coming across rather bitter I agree.

However the argument that he hasn't done or played enough this season is not really correct is it.

As someone stated on here (assuming true) he has played 38 times this season. Other players in the squad (Cahill, Rose, Stones, Loftus-cheek, Delph, Welbeck etc) have not played as much and indeed some very little and they are still in the squad. Therefore surely they are in the squad on "skill" rather than appearances?

Wilshere should be in the squad based on skill in my opinion. He is a different option to the other players in the squad. As someone pointed out, Delph has played less and as a left back. So is he in the squad as a midfielder or a left back?

But maybe he does have a bad attitude/influence which Southgate doesn't like/want. We will never really know because he isn't going to come out and say that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024