Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The power of a phone... 09:05 - May 18 with 6359 viewsTIB

a drone and a GoPro.

I went to Iceland a few weeks back and was planning on saving the footage to combine with other trip footage later in the year...that said, I couldn't help trying to edit something up using just my phone.

By no means is it spectacular, but pretty crazy what you can do on your phone nowadays with a few other gadgets to get the footage.

Now back to sorting the beer

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

The power of a phone... on 09:08 - May 18 with 5499 viewsWD19

Anneka Rice is shorter than I remember.
The power of a phone... on 09:15 - May 18 with 5474 viewsitfcjoe

Really good

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The power of a phone... on 09:16 - May 18 with 5472 viewsEdwardStone

Absolutely tremendous....really has made my day

Thanks for sharing
The power of a phone... on 09:18 - May 18 with 5467 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Very good
The power of a phone... on 09:22 - May 18 with 5453 viewsStokieBlue

Great stuff!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The power of a phone... on 09:25 - May 18 with 5448 viewsunbelievablue

Nice one!

Should have used Sigur Ros though...

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The power of a phone... on 09:28 - May 18 with 5439 viewsTIB

The power of a phone... on 09:25 - May 18 by unbelievablue

Nice one!

Should have used Sigur Ros though...

I did toy with a Jonsi remix by The Chainsmokers as find it easier to edit to something upbeat. As much as I like Sigur Ros, a bit too mellow for my video editing taste buds.

The power of a phone... on 09:31 - May 18 with 5426 viewsTLA

That's wicked TIB - I've always fancied a trip to Iceland and do a little bit more now!
Login to get fewer ads

The power of a phone... on 09:36 - May 18 with 5410 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brilliant, as ever

I spent 6-7 months in total travelling around Iceland when i was doing my PhD. I recognise most of those places and that has, as someone else said, just set me up for the day thanks

We've a mid-term plan to have a summer campervan or ideally 4x4 camping holiday there in the next couple of years with the kids. Just waiting for the younger one to get a little bit older so we can really make the most of it.

In the meantime, I'm going to walk the whole of Offa's Dyke path in a couple of weeks - a poor substitute, but something that's been on my wish list for years and years. But I won't be carrying a drone!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The power of a phone... on 09:42 - May 18 with 5395 viewsurbanblue

The power of a phone... on 09:28 - May 18 by TIB

I did toy with a Jonsi remix by The Chainsmokers as find it easier to edit to something upbeat. As much as I like Sigur Ros, a bit too mellow for my video editing taste buds.

It was after watching the Sigur Ros movie 'Heima' I made a pledge to go to Iceland (I live in Australia). Made it the year before last and toured the Golden Circle with Sigur Ros as my background. To me the music matches the landscape and the feeling of the country.
The power of a phone... on 10:31 - May 18 with 5350 viewsunstableblue

Thanks very much for sharing. What a great country.

What kind of drone is it? and what res camera?

Thanks

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The power of a phone... on 10:44 - May 18 with 5334 viewsBurwell_Blue

Good watch that.

Did you go with the Spark in the end?
The power of a phone... on 11:15 - May 18 with 5297 viewsTIB

The power of a phone... on 10:44 - May 18 by Burwell_Blue

Good watch that.

Did you go with the Spark in the end?

I went with the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV in the end with a backpack for it and some extra batteries. Take it with me as extra piece of carry on, no issues at airport security ever and its proved to be really easy to travel around with.

To Unbelieveable above, it shoots in 1080p and takes photos. Flight time is brilliant as are the features on the app. The Spark is so small I felt that it may really struggle in windy locations such as Iceland and in mountain regions. A couple of times (particularly the shot over the first volcano in the video) were so hard to navigate with really bad crosswinds and I kept thinking "If I had got the Spark it would have been blown away by now".

I'm actually toying with upping to a 4k drone soon so if anyone is after one, the Bebop 2 may be available

The power of a phone... on 11:18 - May 18 with 5294 viewsTIB

The power of a phone... on 09:36 - May 18 by Swansea_Blue

Brilliant, as ever

I spent 6-7 months in total travelling around Iceland when i was doing my PhD. I recognise most of those places and that has, as someone else said, just set me up for the day thanks

We've a mid-term plan to have a summer campervan or ideally 4x4 camping holiday there in the next couple of years with the kids. Just waiting for the younger one to get a little bit older so we can really make the most of it.

In the meantime, I'm going to walk the whole of Offa's Dyke path in a couple of weeks - a poor substitute, but something that's been on my wish list for years and years. But I won't be carrying a drone!

We used KuKu Campers and they were brilliant. We had a Renault transit style van for the two of us...space to cook and wash up + table that converted into a bed. They had some bigger vans too for families which looked awesome so definitely have a look at them when you go over. Happy Campers and Easy Camp are some other companies to look at, I found the general consensus to be that KuKu were the best though.

My first trip to Iceland was using pedal power and there was so much I didn't get to see so I was glad to get back and have petrol power this time. The Golden Circle is a tourist hot bed and whilst there are some cool things to see, having a vehicle allows you to see so much more, particularly bits that Icelanders keep hush hush so as not to get overrun with tourists.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 11:22]

The power of a phone... on 11:20 - May 18 with 5289 viewsTIB

The power of a phone... on 09:42 - May 18 by urbanblue

It was after watching the Sigur Ros movie 'Heima' I made a pledge to go to Iceland (I live in Australia). Made it the year before last and toured the Golden Circle with Sigur Ros as my background. To me the music matches the landscape and the feeling of the country.

Their music perfectly matches the landscape...dark...moody...unstable. Glad you got to make it over

The power of a phone... on 11:26 - May 18 with 5281 viewsconnorscontract

Really good and inspirational. What set up are you using? How much did it all cost? Can you get results like this with drones that cost less than £100, or is it only the expensive kit that's worth having?
The power of a phone... on 12:25 - May 18 with 5241 viewsBurwell_Blue

The power of a phone... on 11:15 - May 18 by TIB

I went with the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV in the end with a backpack for it and some extra batteries. Take it with me as extra piece of carry on, no issues at airport security ever and its proved to be really easy to travel around with.

To Unbelieveable above, it shoots in 1080p and takes photos. Flight time is brilliant as are the features on the app. The Spark is so small I felt that it may really struggle in windy locations such as Iceland and in mountain regions. A couple of times (particularly the shot over the first volcano in the video) were so hard to navigate with really bad crosswinds and I kept thinking "If I had got the Spark it would have been blown away by now".

I'm actually toying with upping to a 4k drone soon so if anyone is after one, the Bebop 2 may be available

I have the Mavic as I may have mentioned to you previously and whilst I try not to take it up if its windy, that and the Spark will deal with some pretty high winds.
The power of a phone... on 12:26 - May 18 with 5235 viewsSwansea_Blue

The power of a phone... on 11:18 - May 18 by TIB

We used KuKu Campers and they were brilliant. We had a Renault transit style van for the two of us...space to cook and wash up + table that converted into a bed. They had some bigger vans too for families which looked awesome so definitely have a look at them when you go over. Happy Campers and Easy Camp are some other companies to look at, I found the general consensus to be that KuKu were the best though.

My first trip to Iceland was using pedal power and there was so much I didn't get to see so I was glad to get back and have petrol power this time. The Golden Circle is a tourist hot bed and whilst there are some cool things to see, having a vehicle allows you to see so much more, particularly bits that Icelanders keep hush hush so as not to get overrun with tourists.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 11:22]

Thanks for the info, very useful. We'll certainly look at these as an option. When I was there before I was working in the NE, so got to travel half way round the country on each visit - it was great to get off the beaten track. Even back then the hotspots would have coach-loads stoping off every half an hour or so. Having a vehicle was a great way to hit those less-visited places and then you can time trips to the popular spots early in the morning when the coaches have disappeared.

So may great things to see - the birdlife on the cliffs in the spring, the waterfalls / glaciers, etc., miles of empty beaches... The interior interior stuck with me the most - just an incredible place and you feel like the only person on the planet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The power of a phone... on 12:33 - May 18 with 5212 viewsbrazil1982

what drone are you using?
The power of a phone... on 12:47 - May 18 with 5195 viewsTIB

The power of a phone... on 11:26 - May 18 by connorscontract

Really good and inspirational. What set up are you using? How much did it all cost? Can you get results like this with drones that cost less than £100, or is it only the expensive kit that's worth having?

I have a GoPro Hero 5 black edition and a GoPro Hero Session then the Parrot Bebop 2. The drone was about £700 all together, but that was because I invested in more batteries and a backpack. Essentially I can take it anywhere now and have enough power to fly for an hour before I need to charge the batteries again.

I used some Hubsan £40 drones to learn to fly...lost three of them and when I managed to fly the fourth and not lose it I decided I was ready to invest in a proper drone. An £100 drone that has the capability to shoot in HD will be big, hard to assemble with probably have a poor flight time. You also probably won't have the flexibility to move the lens etc whilst flying. My top tip though is if you want to get a drone, buy cheap ones to learn to fly first as I've heard of people going out and buying expensive drones and losing them or crashing them first flight. My Bebop 2 as of now has never been crashed or come close.

The power of a phone... on 12:59 - May 18 with 5174 viewsTIB

The power of a phone... on 12:25 - May 18 by Burwell_Blue

I have the Mavic as I may have mentioned to you previously and whilst I try not to take it up if its windy, that and the Spark will deal with some pretty high winds.

See I heard differently regarding the Spark. They also had a delay on deliveries as I had ordered one, I guess the delay was down to software issues, didn't want to risk it so went with the Bebop 2. I'm thinking of going with a Mavic or Karma.

The power of a phone... on 14:59 - May 18 with 5117 viewsBurwell_Blue

The power of a phone... on 12:47 - May 18 by TIB

I have a GoPro Hero 5 black edition and a GoPro Hero Session then the Parrot Bebop 2. The drone was about £700 all together, but that was because I invested in more batteries and a backpack. Essentially I can take it anywhere now and have enough power to fly for an hour before I need to charge the batteries again.

I used some Hubsan £40 drones to learn to fly...lost three of them and when I managed to fly the fourth and not lose it I decided I was ready to invest in a proper drone. An £100 drone that has the capability to shoot in HD will be big, hard to assemble with probably have a poor flight time. You also probably won't have the flexibility to move the lens etc whilst flying. My top tip though is if you want to get a drone, buy cheap ones to learn to fly first as I've heard of people going out and buying expensive drones and losing them or crashing them first flight. My Bebop 2 as of now has never been crashed or come close.

I would say the opposite.

A DJI drone is very very hard to crash. I often say that if you have a DJI and crash it, then you really shouldn't be flying. Don't like where its heading? put the controller on the floor and step back, it will stop what its doing and hover and allow you time to take stock of the situation.

I have my Mavic with me at all times. Folded, its half the size of an A4 paper and so I just throw it in my bag for work everyday.
The power of a phone... on 15:05 - May 18 with 5106 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Isn't it time Mrs TIB got a new coat?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The power of a phone... on 15:17 - May 18 with 5095 viewsHurleyBurley

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

The power of a phone... on 15:20 - May 18 with 5090 viewsSpruceMoose

My favourite bit was when you were chasing the girl in the yellow coat like a mad axe murderer.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024