Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS this is ridiculous 21:33 - Jun 11 with 4268 viewsSuperblue95

How can forest afford to spend 10 million on one player?

Joao Carvalho: Nottingham Forest in advanced talks to sign Benfica midfielder
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44444089

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

FFS this is ridiculous on 21:39 - Jun 11 with 4211 viewsBlueBadger

The answer is, ultimately they can't and it'll catch up to them at some point.

But hey, with Derby tightening their belts it'll be nice for some of our posters to still have a cash-spunking Midlands team to root for.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 21:40]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

FFS this is ridiculous on 21:44 - Jun 11 with 4174 viewsjas0999

FFS this is ridiculous on 21:39 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

But hey, with Derby tightening their belts it'll be nice for some of our posters to still have a cash-spunking Midlands team to root for.

It probably won’t. FFP pretty much doesn’t exist. Only when the PR spin machine is working overtime in order to justify Evans spending nothing on players. Don’t get me wrong, forest spending this amount is ridiculous. But, other clubs without parachute payments, will also spend millions.
FFS this is ridiculous on 22:35 - Jun 11 with 3947 viewsRegencyBlue

FFS this is ridiculous on 21:44 - Jun 11 by jas0999

It probably won’t. FFP pretty much doesn’t exist. Only when the PR spin machine is working overtime in order to justify Evans spending nothing on players. Don’t get me wrong, forest spending this amount is ridiculous. But, other clubs without parachute payments, will also spend millions.

To be honest even Evans doesn’t use FFP as an excuse any more.

It’s dead in the water as far as I can see hence the number of clubs completely ignoring it!
FFS this is ridiculous on 22:52 - Jun 11 with 3870 viewsrickw

FFS this is ridiculous on 21:39 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

Yeah maybe not, money in the Championship has now got over inflated because of the Premier league, so when there's talk of Maddison for 25m, Grealish for 40m I guess Forest reckon this guy is quality and are gambling that after a successfull year with him there they'll sell him on for 3 or 4 times what they're spending on him now... (or maybe he'll just be their new Andrea Silenzi - you'll have to be a certain age to remember him!)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

FFS this is ridiculous on 23:26 - Jun 11 with 3796 viewsElderGrizzly

FFS this is ridiculous on 22:35 - Jun 11 by RegencyBlue

To be honest even Evans doesn’t use FFP as an excuse any more.

It’s dead in the water as far as I can see hence the number of clubs completely ignoring it!

£39m aggregate over 3 seasons does make it pointless now.

Spending like at Derby and latterly at Villa shows even those with parachute payments can spend a fortune and fail, with FFP now being the least of their problems.

Evans has simply not spent money he doesn’t have. Others do. Sometimes it works, more often it doesn’t

Forest have £15m of course from Assambolonga’s sale and are spending £10m of it on someone who played 8 games last season. Smacks of an ‘agent’ move to me
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 23:29]
FFS this is ridiculous on 23:30 - Jun 11 with 3767 viewsBackToRussia

FFS this is ridiculous on 21:44 - Jun 11 by jas0999

There's always the threat of actually being unable to pay bills like Villa. Spending big money isn't necessarily the way to ruin or success, you have to do it right. For all people laugh at Derby they have finished in the playoffs however many times in the last 5 years, and have given themselves a shout. They've clearly got the capital coming in to be able to afford it and it seems to be sustainable at least under that ownership and level of investment. Can't do it forever but it's a valid tactic to get out of the league.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

FFS this is ridiculous on 23:36 - Jun 11 with 3754 viewsStNeotsBlue

FFS this is ridiculous on 23:26 - Jun 11 by ElderGrizzly

£39m aggregate over 3 seasons does make it pointless now.

Spending like at Derby and latterly at Villa shows even those with parachute payments can spend a fortune and fail, with FFP now being the least of their problems.

Evans has simply not spent money he doesn’t have. Others do. Sometimes it works, more often it doesn’t

Forest have £15m of course from Assambolonga’s sale and are spending £10m of it on someone who played 8 games last season. Smacks of an ‘agent’ move to me
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 23:29]

Not sure it's a case of spending money he doesn't have, more a case of not spending beyond an amount he's prepared to. Which is totally his right as someone who has spent a lot of dough but I do find the scrimping on basics of the stadium a liberty, some of which is unacceptable. Do we have a stadium manager anymore?
FFS this is ridiculous on 23:42 - Jun 11 with 3736 viewsjeera

FFS this is ridiculous on 23:36 - Jun 11 by StNeotsBlue

Not sure it's a case of spending money he doesn't have, more a case of not spending beyond an amount he's prepared to. Which is totally his right as someone who has spent a lot of dough but I do find the scrimping on basics of the stadium a liberty, some of which is unacceptable. Do we have a stadium manager anymore?

Do we have a bar snacks manager anymore?

I tend to agree when it comes to the basics.

Any general manager of any kind worth his salt will have the basics in order; customer service, facilities...

Why is the club missing these fundamental blocks?

The venues within the club should be working on a daily basis - are they? If not, why not? There should be money made at every damn turn.

No business can have a building that size sitting there empty all week surely? Tell me it isn't and that it's a thriving each and every day with some corporate event or other.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 23:42]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

FFS this is ridiculous on 07:34 - Jun 12 with 3371 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Doesn’t faze me one bit, genuinely couldn’t think of anything worse that buying these people from abroad. Very few truely understand what the club truely means to the fans. Much rather find lower league English gems and develop them, aswell as develop through the academy.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

FFS this is ridiculous on 07:40 - Jun 12 with 3347 viewsTIB

German managers were the trendy thing not so long ago...now it seems to be spending big on Portugese players

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

FFS this is ridiculous on 07:43 - Jun 12 with 3342 viewsJakeITFC

Jorge Mendes is involved as he was at Wolves.

He’s Aitor Karanka’s agent.
FFS this is ridiculous on 08:08 - Jun 12 with 3232 viewsDeano69

FFS this is ridiculous on 23:42 - Jun 11 by jeera

Any general manager of any kind worth his salt will have the basics in order; customer service, facilities...

The venues within the club should be working on a daily basis - are they? If not, why not? There should be money made at every damn turn.

No business can have a building that size sitting there empty all week surely? Tell me it isn't and that it's a thriving each and every day with some corporate event or other.

They do sweat the asset relativity well. They have business events, weddings etc etc. They also see it as a bit of a community resource too, which means it’s not always about rinsing money out of people.

I fully agree with the suggestion of investing in the facilities and stadium, it seems we haven’t really done anything since our drop to championship football. The pitch is being reseeded again and some areas are looking a bit tatty. Would a million pound investment help draw back the crowds to put more than that back in to the club? Or is it all about spending money on players?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

FFS this is ridiculous on 08:34 - Jun 12 with 3174 viewsElderGrizzly

FFS this is ridiculous on 07:43 - Jun 12 by JakeITFC

Jorge Mendes is involved as he was at Wolves.

He’s Aitor Karanka’s agent.

As suspected in my post above. A move more for the player than the club
FFS this is ridiculous on 08:48 - Jun 12 with 3135 viewsitfcjoe

FFS this is ridiculous on 08:08 - Jun 12 by Deano69

They do sweat the asset relativity well. They have business events, weddings etc etc. They also see it as a bit of a community resource too, which means it’s not always about rinsing money out of people.

I fully agree with the suggestion of investing in the facilities and stadium, it seems we haven’t really done anything since our drop to championship football. The pitch is being reseeded again and some areas are looking a bit tatty. Would a million pound investment help draw back the crowds to put more than that back in to the club? Or is it all about spending money on players?

They really don't sweat the asset - compare it to Colchester as an example.

Too much internal politics for that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

FFS this is ridiculous on 09:23 - Jun 12 with 3074 viewsbrazil1982

FFS this is ridiculous on 23:42 - Jun 11 by jeera

It is odd when you think about it - most grounds are only used 28 (?) days of the year. Weird.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024