Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rashford looks on it tonight 20:26 - Jun 7 with 5210 viewsStNeotsBlue

Early days in a friendly but Rashford is looking a threat tonight. My preference would be a Vardy Kane partnership but Rashford is looking like the man so far, at the least will be a fantastic option off the bench.

Still a bit concerned about our midfield though.
Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:29 - Jun 7 with 5194 viewsJ2BLUE

Rashford always looks direct and dangerous. Quality player.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:30 - Jun 7 with 5194 viewsm14_blue

He's a completely different player when he's off Mourinho's leash
Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:30 - Jun 7 with 5188 viewsReuser_is_God

Costa Rica scared of Vardy pace so they’re dropping deep giving Rashford & Loftus-Cheek loads of room.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:31 - Jun 7 with 5183 viewsReuser_is_God

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:30 - Jun 7 by m14_blue

He's a completely different player when he's off Mourinho's leash

Hope Rashford will see sense & leave United.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:54 - Jun 7 with 5135 viewsTractorWood

I enjoyed the keepers wave at the ball as it flies past him.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:58 - Jun 7 with 5119 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He does … but it is against Costa Rica.

That is the difficulty of assessing how good a player is when we play very different standards of opposition. He certainly looks like he could be useful against the lesser teams in the tournament at least. He is also probably much fresher than some of those who have been more prominent players for their clubs.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:59 - Jun 7 with 5115 viewsOldsmoker

Costa Rica are my TWTD World Cup sweepstake team.
I was hoping for Germany.
From this game I don't see either team getting to the semis in Russia.
Veras starting on ITV3+1 at 9.00pm so I think I'll watch that.
I'll watch Mock the Week on Iplayer after that.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:59 - Jun 7 with 5116 viewsvilanovablue

If Rashford is given any space or time and a licence to roam he is one hell of a player. Maybe threatening Sterling...
Login to get fewer ads

Rashford looks on it tonight on 21:01 - Jun 7 with 5104 viewsSarge

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:58 - Jun 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

He does … but it is against Costa Rica.

That is the difficulty of assessing how good a player is when we play very different standards of opposition. He certainly looks like he could be useful against the lesser teams in the tournament at least. He is also probably much fresher than some of those who have been more prominent players for their clubs.

Costa Rica who topped a group containing Uruguay, England and Italy...
Rashford looks on it tonight on 21:26 - Jun 7 with 5057 viewsSuperblue95

Rashford looks on it tonight on 21:01 - Jun 7 by Sarge

Costa Rica who topped a group containing Uruguay, England and Italy...

They topped a group of big name countries with poor teams. Doesn't make them world beaters. It showed them to be an effective team but they were extremely limited. Also it was 4 years ago which is a very long time in football

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Rashford looks on it tonight on 23:29 - Jun 7 with 4998 viewsnshearman1

Rashford looks on it tonight on 20:59 - Jun 7 by vilanovablue

If Rashford is given any space or time and a licence to roam he is one hell of a player. Maybe threatening Sterling...

He absolutely should threaten Setrling and indeed overtake him. He is a much greater threat and better converter of chances than Sterling.I suspect Southgate will use Rashford from the bench but he is way too tied to Sterling,who is a liability. This is the crucial area that could define Southgate's management.
Rashford looks on it tonight on 00:34 - Jun 8 with 4950 viewsMelford

Kane and Vardy are the main two but both the understudies in Rashford and Welbeck got goals. It's looking good.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Rashford looks on it tonight on 06:33 - Jun 8 with 4862 viewschristiand

I don't know about anyone else but I was impressed with England tonight, this follows on quickly from their first half showing on Saturday. Expectations are low, but I really believe England are going to surprise us all in Russia.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Rashford looks on it tonight on 06:44 - Jun 8 with 4855 viewsChondzoresk

Rashford to start.
Sterling just runs around oblivious, gets the ball runs/falls over/gives ball away/no end product.
Young Mr Rashford was calling for the ball, actually doing something with it. Some flashes of brilliance and a deft touch. It’s a no brainer for me.
Generally the midfield look very one dimensional.
Thought Loftus-Cheek did well and Delph.
We will shuffle through the group stages, hopefully get further, but with that midfield...😏
Rashford looks on it tonight on 06:50 - Jun 8 with 4848 viewschristiand

Rashford looks on it tonight on 06:44 - Jun 8 by Chondzoresk

Rashford to start.
Sterling just runs around oblivious, gets the ball runs/falls over/gives ball away/no end product.
Young Mr Rashford was calling for the ball, actually doing something with it. Some flashes of brilliance and a deft touch. It’s a no brainer for me.
We will shuffle through the group stages, hopefully get further, but with that midfield...😏

Southgate isn't looking for the central midfield to be creative, just compact. It's in the wide areas and his forward players that he is banking on us to be a threat. What they have done in the last couple of games shows this approach might just work.

Rashford looks on it tonight on 06:58 - Jun 8 with 4831 viewsTLA

Rashford looks on it tonight on 06:50 - Jun 8 by christiand

Southgate isn't looking for the central midfield to be creative, just compact. It's in the wide areas and his forward players that he is banking on us to be a threat. What they have done in the last couple of games shows this approach might just work.

Morning christiand - I agree with your comments. There seems to be a quiet confidence about the way Southgate is going about things and he's looking at developing an approach, rather than getting big names on the pitch somewhere. I'm impressed with him so far.

I don't think anyone thinks we're going to win the World Cup but we might do OK, and be building for an even better future.
Rashford looks on it tonight on 07:14 - Jun 8 with 4813 viewschristiand

Rashford looks on it tonight on 06:58 - Jun 8 by TLA

Morning christiand - I agree with your comments. There seems to be a quiet confidence about the way Southgate is going about things and he's looking at developing an approach, rather than getting big names on the pitch somewhere. I'm impressed with him so far.

I don't think anyone thinks we're going to win the World Cup but we might do OK, and be building for an even better future.

Morning TLA! I can certainly understand Chonzoresk's comment about our central midfield, would love a Gazza type in there. However, Southgate seems to have a plan and is getting the best out of the players, they have played some very enterprising and exciting football over the last couple of games. Personally, I don't believe we'll win the WC as there are better teams out there, but I certainly think that this side will surprise us. The team appears to lack egos and we just seem to be sneaking under the radar with other more favoured countries being spoken about - just how I like it!!!

Rashford looks on it tonight on 07:32 - Jun 8 with 4786 viewsTLA

Rashford looks on it tonight on 07:14 - Jun 8 by christiand

Morning TLA! I can certainly understand Chonzoresk's comment about our central midfield, would love a Gazza type in there. However, Southgate seems to have a plan and is getting the best out of the players, they have played some very enterprising and exciting football over the last couple of games. Personally, I don't believe we'll win the WC as there are better teams out there, but I certainly think that this side will surprise us. The team appears to lack egos and we just seem to be sneaking under the radar with other more favoured countries being spoken about - just how I like it!!!

Gazza was a footballing genius! I wonder when we'll have another player with his talent - I once thought Kieron Dyer might be the man, and then Wilshere but nobody has come close.

The Gareth Southgate regime so far reminds me of Joachim Low with Germany, clearing out big names and developing a young squad with the future in mind. Having said that, I'm not confident we'd beat Brazil 7-1 if we get far enough to meet them!
Rashford looks on it tonight on 08:18 - Jun 8 with 4733 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Rashford looks on it tonight on 23:29 - Jun 7 by nshearman1

He absolutely should threaten Setrling and indeed overtake him. He is a much greater threat and better converter of chances than Sterling.I suspect Southgate will use Rashford from the bench but he is way too tied to Sterling,who is a liability. This is the crucial area that could define Southgate's management.

Pretty much everything you’ve posted their is wrong, quite the achievement for such a long post

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Rashford looks on it tonight on 08:33 - Jun 8 with 4711 viewsconnorscontract

Rashford looks on it tonight on 07:32 - Jun 8 by TLA

Gazza was a footballing genius! I wonder when we'll have another player with his talent - I once thought Kieron Dyer might be the man, and then Wilshere but nobody has come close.

The Gareth Southgate regime so far reminds me of Joachim Low with Germany, clearing out big names and developing a young squad with the future in mind. Having said that, I'm not confident we'd beat Brazil 7-1 if we get far enough to meet them!

Oxlade-Chamberlain is the closest I think England have to a Gazza type: positive, forward-looking, bustling, good technique, great eye for a pass. He was hugely missed by Liverpool in the Champions League Final and, I believe, will be by England at the World Cup.
Rashford looks on it tonight on 18:47 - Jun 8 with 4604 viewsbournemouthblue

Rashford to start.

Sterling has no end product???

How many goals did he get for City this season?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Rashford looks on it tonight on 19:21 - Jun 8 with 4583 viewsm14_blue

Rashford to start.

Hold on, Rashford was excellent yesterday but Sterling has had a phenomenal season for City.

He's played week in, week out for one of the best club sides in the world whilst Rashford has been very much a bit part player at a bang average united team.

I like Rashford, and agree Sterling's end product can sometimes frustrate, but I really don't understand why he gets so much stick. He's a young player who has improved massively and could be really important to our chances in Russia.
Rashford looks on it tonight on 21:49 - Jun 18 with 4394 viewsnshearman1

Rashford looks on it tonight on 08:18 - Jun 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Pretty much everything you’ve posted their is wrong, quite the achievement for such a long post

Thanks mate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024