Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Roberts 21:29 - Jun 30 with 2406 viewsAlexGreen

Was Roberts offered a new contract at Crawley or did they just release him? I’ve not seen much written about him since we signed him, the YouTube video looks good but has anyone seen him regularly to know if this is a big signing for us, or more of a squad player?

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Jordan Roberts on 21:48 - Jun 30 with 2336 viewsNorthstaNder

If you read the article properly you'd know that he was offered a new contract but turned it down.
Jordan Roberts on 22:03 - Jun 30 with 2263 viewsAlexGreen

Jordan Roberts on 21:48 - Jun 30 by NorthstaNder

If you read the article properly you'd know that he was offered a new contract but turned it down.

Except it doesn't.

Town Confirm Roberts Signing 28th Jun 2018 11:05
Town have confirmed the signing of former Crawley Town winger Jordan Roberts on a free transfer. The 24-year-old, who will officially become a Blues player on July 1st, has signed a two-year deal. 61

Jordan Roberts on 22:04 - Jun 30 with 2268 viewsPhilTWTD

Jordan Roberts on 21:48 - Jun 30 by NorthstaNder

I don't think he was, could be wrong but I think he told them he was going to leave before they got round to offering one.
Jordan Roberts on 22:07 - Jun 30 with 2229 viewsAlexGreen

Jordan Roberts on 22:04 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

I don't think he was, could be wrong but I think he told them he was going to leave before they got round to offering one.

Thanks.

@Northstander - you were saying?

Jordan Roberts on 22:28 - Jun 30 with 2130 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jordan Roberts on 22:04 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

Northstander misread the bit at the end referring to Rodman I suspect.

That said, the gist of the way you asked appeared to be was he good enough for them to want to keep him or did they let him go.

Clearly they would have wanted to keep him had they been able to. Phil's answer suggests they simply did not bother offering one knowing they would not be able to compete with other offers he was getting.

That doesn't answer how he will be viewed within our squad but I suspect Hurst is looking to sign wingers to play rather than squad players. That said, so was MM when he signed Rowe and various others.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jordan Roberts on 22:42 - Jun 30 with 2081 viewsBrettenhamBlue

A lot of Crawley fans were shocked that he made it into the Championship. They were expecting him to join another League 2 club. Played about 18/20 games a season for Crawley Town (many of these were sub appearances) so very much a squad player at Crawley Town.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Jordan Roberts on 06:00 - Jul 1 with 1764 viewsitfcjoe

I don’t think they’ve offered him a new deal as accepted he was off, Hurst tried to buy him at Shrewsbury in January but they kept him and let contract run down so obviously rated him though.

I can’t imagine he’s seen as a nailed on starter here, it’s s big jump for him and he was a sub for Crawley a lot even. Think Hurst is just trying to add some options but the main men are still to come.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jordan Roberts on 07:45 - Jul 1 with 1660 viewsHerbivore

Jordan Roberts on 06:00 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

I don’t think they’ve offered him a new deal as accepted he was off, Hurst tried to buy him at Shrewsbury in January but they kept him and let contract run down so obviously rated him though.

I can’t imagine he’s seen as a nailed on starter here, it’s s big jump for him and he was a sub for Crawley a lot even. Think Hurst is just trying to add some options but the main men are still to come.

That last point is a good one. He likes to try to get the squad in place early and so the deals that are easy to get done are getting done quickly, I suspect he'll have other targets that are a bit higher quality that may take a little more time to get in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024