Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts from Stadium MK 23:26 - Jul 24 with 3524 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

Firstly Wolfie looks a player. A real baller. Yes it was only MK, but he looked like the real deal. Caught in possession bringing it out from the back once, but Harry Maguire just built an England career off of doing just that. We might have a real prospect here.

Gwion looks neat and tidy, but maybe a little afraid to go in on 50-50's.

Harrison looks like the second coming of David Johnson. Left foot, right foot, tricks and pace. We've robbed Bristol there.

Dozzell, had a chat with him and his old man after the game. He looks ready to come back. And he looked like the same player too, no lack of acceleration or top pace. A huge relief.

Lankester, nope, not ready. Sears was neat and tidy but never REALLY looked a threat. Took the penalty well, but suspect the clock may well be ticking on him.

In summary, if Wags goes, he needs replacing. Definitely need more CB cover, but Wolfie will need game time to develop into the player he looked like he could be tonight.

Also, in Wags absence, we looked a little short, in height terms, up top. I'm sure this won't have escaped our diminutive new leader.
Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:28 - Jul 24 with 3483 viewswkj

I have been singing his praises for a long time, and I think he is more than ready to be rotated in the first team on a regular basis.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:29 - Jul 24 with 3466 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

And I watched my team play high tempo, passing and attacking football for 90 minutes.

We're not Barcelona, but (and whisper it), we might have our Ipswich back.
Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:36 - Jul 24 with 3396 viewsbontcho

Could he sneak in at right back? None of our current options fill me with confidence.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:41 - Jul 24 with 3356 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:36 - Jul 24 by bontcho

Could he sneak in at right back? None of our current options fill me with confidence.

No. Not that sort of player at all. Built like a tank. Has to play CB.

Spence looked alright tonight, can't recall him getting beat but also think he only really got forward once, to no overall effect. Did have Gwion in front of him who doesn't look at all defensively minded.

Tonight was an orthodox 442 from where I was sat. Looking at our personnel, I think we'll see more of the wing back formation than that this year.
Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:43 - Jul 24 with 3329 viewsBLUEBEAT

Woolfenden was stand-out player for me.

Team was very stretched out too. Hugging those sidelines, making the pitch very large when we had possession 👍🏽

Poll: W or W

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:48 - Jul 24 with 3303 viewsWallingford_Boy

Agree with most of that, although harsh on Lankaster, only on for a few minutes!

Thought Woolfenden was just outstanding, I'd play him every week!

Edwards looked ok running at defenders, but final ball was shocking.

RIP Sir Bobby

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:53 - Jul 24 with 3258 viewsbontcho

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:41 - Jul 24 by ITFC_Aylesbury

No. Not that sort of player at all. Built like a tank. Has to play CB.

Spence looked alright tonight, can't recall him getting beat but also think he only really got forward once, to no overall effect. Did have Gwion in front of him who doesn't look at all defensively minded.

Tonight was an orthodox 442 from where I was sat. Looking at our personnel, I think we'll see more of the wing back formation than that this year.

Thanks. I thought he played RB in the Cup v Palace, but I’m old so the mind might be playing tricks.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:55 - Jul 24 with 3242 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:48 - Jul 24 by Wallingford_Boy

Agree with most of that, although harsh on Lankaster, only on for a few minutes!

Thought Woolfenden was just outstanding, I'd play him every week!

Edwards looked ok running at defenders, but final ball was shocking.

Possibly tough on Lankester, especially given how effective Harrison had been.

Loved Downes snarling through the midfield. I'm a big Douse fan, but Downes was pick of the midfield for me. This triumvirate of Dozzell, Downes and Nydam are key for me as to how far this team could go.

I was interviewed pre match by Look Norfolk (Apparently to go out on Friday - make me famous!!!) I described PH as a winner, who knows how to get his teams to be involved at the business end of the season. May not be this year for us, but now, more than any point in the past decade, I feel we're building up to something.
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:56 - Jul 24 with 3228 viewsWallingford_Boy

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:55 - Jul 24 by ITFC_Aylesbury

Possibly tough on Lankester, especially given how effective Harrison had been.

Loved Downes snarling through the midfield. I'm a big Douse fan, but Downes was pick of the midfield for me. This triumvirate of Dozzell, Downes and Nydam are key for me as to how far this team could go.

I was interviewed pre match by Look Norfolk (Apparently to go out on Friday - make me famous!!!) I described PH as a winner, who knows how to get his teams to be involved at the business end of the season. May not be this year for us, but now, more than any point in the past decade, I feel we're building up to something.

Thought Ward was superb tonight as well, looks to have got his confidence back.

Waggy might be gone, but plenty of positives!

RIP Sir Bobby

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:57 - Jul 24 with 3225 viewsjasondozzell

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:29 - Jul 24 by ITFC_Aylesbury

And I watched my team play high tempo, passing and attacking football for 90 minutes.

We're not Barcelona, but (and whisper it), we might have our Ipswich back.

Felt the same! Good review.
Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:19 - Jul 25 with 2888 viewschristiand

The youngster quietly sneaking up on the blindside as there remains much talk about the qualities of Downes, Dozzell and Nydam, but Woolfenden has already shown that he can cope with the demands of first team football and gets the job done with little fuss or attention. He's been very impressive since being introduced at the back end of last season. I would still like us to sign Blackpool's Tilt as his attributes are what we are sorely lacking in defence, but Woolfenden needs to be in and around the first team squad for this season and first reserve if one of the centre backs is injured. I can see next season where he starts regularly.

When Waghorn goes, we need a quality replacement perhaps Chris Martin (forget the budgie connection for one minute)? Big and a physically strong centre forward, balls could be played into him in the air or the ground and he is more than capable of holding the ball up and bringing the three behind into play as: Gwion, Dozzell and Ward/Harrison (Huws and Adeyemi if they ever decide to return to first team action again!) could all feed off his flicks and lay offs. It's disappointing about Waghorn, but it's terrific business for the club and with the right striking addition it could be a real shot in the arm which none of us were expecting!!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 7:26]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:25 - Jul 25 with 2846 viewsBluefish

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:19 - Jul 25 by christiand

The youngster quietly sneaking up on the blindside as there remains much talk about the qualities of Downes, Dozzell and Nydam, but Woolfenden has already shown that he can cope with the demands of first team football and gets the job done with little fuss or attention. He's been very impressive since being introduced at the back end of last season. I would still like us to sign Blackpool's Tilt as his attributes are what we are sorely lacking in defence, but Woolfenden needs to be in and around the first team squad for this season and first reserve if one of the centre backs is injured. I can see next season where he starts regularly.

When Waghorn goes, we need a quality replacement perhaps Chris Martin (forget the budgie connection for one minute)? Big and a physically strong centre forward, balls could be played into him in the air or the ground and he is more than capable of holding the ball up and bringing the three behind into play as: Gwion, Dozzell and Ward/Harrison (Huws and Adeyemi if they ever decide to return to first team action again!) could all feed off his flicks and lay offs. It's disappointing about Waghorn, but it's terrific business for the club and with the right striking addition it could be a real shot in the arm which none of us were expecting!!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 7:26]

Phil I'm not one of these poster that lightly calls for a but ffs hebhas just suggested fatty Martin. Nothing to even consider that is an instant

Not only is Martin a **** but he is terrible these days at football

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:31 - Jul 25 with 2811 viewschristiand

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:25 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

Phil I'm not one of these poster that lightly calls for a but ffs hebhas just suggested fatty Martin. Nothing to even consider that is an instant

I'm just getting a reply in Bluefish before Phil bans me - It's certainly not an unrealistic suggestion and he's the type of forward needed in that lone role, you need a striker that can hold a ball up, has good awareness and allows the three behind to get involved. I'd have suggested Garner, but unless he has had a huge metamorphosis over the summer he spends too much time on the ground, even if someone just looks at him .
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 7:31]

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:39 - Jul 25 with 2753 viewsBluefish

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:31 - Jul 25 by christiand

I'm just getting a reply in Bluefish before Phil bans me - It's certainly not an unrealistic suggestion and he's the type of forward needed in that lone role, you need a striker that can hold a ball up, has good awareness and allows the three behind to get involved. I'd have suggested Garner, but unless he has had a huge metamorphosis over the summer he spends too much time on the ground, even if someone just looks at him .
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 7:31]

Martin is done. He was so bad last year he couldn't even be bothered to fall over. Chances are he will go to QPR and team up with the wally with the brolly again.

Maybe we will go Jerome instead

Winnell looked the best striker at Derby last season

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:42 - Jul 25 with 2725 viewsSteve_M

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:39 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

Martin is done. He was so bad last year he couldn't even be bothered to fall over. Chances are he will go to QPR and team up with the wally with the brolly again.

Yes, martin is past it. Was a mess three seasons ago, had one good season at Fulham (and even then wanted to go home half-way through) and then was crap again.

Plus he's an utter cooonnnt.

I liked Winnall too, he got injured shortly after playing here and is back at Wednesday. They still have a ridiculous number of strikers but suspect he is too expensive for us.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:46 - Jul 25 with 2700 viewsBluefish

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:42 - Jul 25 by Steve_M

Yes, martin is past it. Was a mess three seasons ago, had one good season at Fulham (and even then wanted to go home half-way through) and then was crap again.

Plus he's an utter cooonnnt.

I liked Winnall too, he got injured shortly after playing here and is back at Wednesday. They still have a ridiculous number of strikers but suspect he is too expensive for us.

Rumours were he would follow Rowett to stoke

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:47 - Jul 25 with 2698 viewschristiand

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:39 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

It's looking at the strikers and the sum of their parts for the role that is required for them to fulfil. He didn't play much last season only on loan at Reading for 10 games, but the season before he was at Fulham where he score 10 goals in 31 games. Perhaps being involved at PH's Ipswich that play a decent brand of football might serve to inspire and motivate him. After all, he is a Suffolk boy at heart!

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:47 - Jul 25 with 2698 viewsBloomBlue

I didn't go but spoke to someone who did and he said Sears was looking like the Sears who first joined us. If we can get him back to banging the goals in that will be a big plus
Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:54 - Jul 25 with 2672 viewsSamWhiteUK

Good assessment, I'd generally agree.

Thought Sears made some good runs in the second half and was unlucky not to get played through more.

Loved the way Harrison would get the ball with his back to goal, give it back, turn and run in behind. He's quick enough that he can run out quite wide and make the defender do a big looping run to keep up.

Edwards looked OK, didn't set the world alight, but good acceleration when knocking the ball around a defender, even if he's lacking a little in terms of top speed.

Didn't think Roberts did too badly, has pace but final ball needs work
Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:56 - Jul 25 with 2657 viewsBluefish

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:47 - Jul 25 by christiand

It's looking at the strikers and the sum of their parts for the role that is required for them to fulfil. He didn't play much last season only on loan at Reading for 10 games, but the season before he was at Fulham where he score 10 goals in 31 games. Perhaps being involved at PH's Ipswich that play a decent brand of football might serve to inspire and motivate him. After all, he is a Suffolk boy at heart!

Phil why haven't you banned him yet? The abuse button is getting hit soon if his disgusting talk continues

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 08:14 - Jul 25 with 2561 viewsbrogansnose

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 07:25 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

I would rather mutilate my genitalia with a blunt piece of flint than have that scheissebag at our club.
Thoughts from Stadium MK on 08:17 - Jul 25 with 2536 viewsMullet

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 08:14 - Jul 25 by brogansnose

I would rather mutilate my genitalia with a blunt piece of flint than have that scheissebag at our club.

That's sausages for breakfast off the menu here now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 08:20 - Jul 25 with 2516 viewsClapham_Junction

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 23:53 - Jul 24 by bontcho

Thanks. I thought he played RB in the Cup v Palace, but I’m old so the mind might be playing tricks.

He did. Fowler and Webber played in the middle.

I think he also played at RB towards the end of the Barnet game.
Thoughts from Stadium MK on 08:22 - Jul 25 with 2499 viewsBluefish

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 08:14 - Jul 25 by brogansnose

Sounds about right. I worry about christiand

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 08:41 - Jul 25 with 2423 viewschristiand

Thoughts from Stadium MK on 08:22 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

Sounds about right. I worry about christiand

No need to worry about me, all fine this end!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024