Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! 12:26 - Jul 25 with 2009 viewstractorian

This Friday night, July 27th, the second total lunar eclipse of 2018 will take place - there, I knew you'd be excited. The moon will rise around 9.00 pm and will already be partially eclipsed. It will then go on to full eclipse, this finishing at 10.13pm.

It will then slowly come out of eclipse until the full disc is visible again around half-past midnight. It's difficult to predict the colour at full eclipse because that depends on the state of the atmosphere at the time, but a dark red seems a good bet.

Definite confirmation of the Met Office forecast of clouds and rain on Friday.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 12:28]
Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 12:27 - Jul 25 with 1994 viewsHerbivore

I seem to have lost 90 years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 12:28 - Jul 25 with 1984 viewstractorian

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 12:27 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

I seem to have lost 90 years.

Point taken.
Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 13:02 - Jul 25 with 1901 viewsRoyKeanesDog

If this is true it's actually nice news for me.

It's my friend's funeral (he died at 27) and I can't make it. I'm letting off a Sky Lantern for him instead, so will be a nice touch if there is an eclipse.

Poll: Best Football Song

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 13:04 - Jul 25 with 1888 viewsSteve_M

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 13:02 - Jul 25 by RoyKeanesDog

It's my friend's funeral (he died at 27) and I can't make it. I'm letting off a Sky Lantern for him instead, so will be a nice touch if there is an eclipse.

Very sorry to hear about your friend but is a sky lantern a good idea at the moment given how dry the country is?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 22:27 - Jul 25 with 1758 viewsStokieBlue

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 13:02 - Jul 25 by RoyKeanesDog

It's nice you want to remember him in such a way but at the moment it's not a great idea:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jul/25/british-farmers-fear-fire-as

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 22:27 - Jul 25 with 1757 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 13:04 - Jul 25 by Steve_M

Very sorry to hear about your friend but is a sky lantern a good idea at the moment given how dry the country is?

Good point to be fair mate. Might have to rethink!

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 07:19 - Jul 26 with 1603 viewsconnorscontract

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 22:27 - Jul 25 by RoyKeanesDog

Good point to be fair mate. Might have to rethink!

You could:

Put a message in a bottle and throw it out to sea from a cliff-top/pier

Charter a boat and go out to sea. Set a boat or rubber duck sailing with messages for him written on it.

Like that, but go 20 miles inland and set them sailing on the Orwell.

Plant a tree somewhere. Either in your own or a family members garden, or somewhere random and beautiful in the countryside.

All the best, I hope you find something meaningful to do.
Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 07:26 - Jul 26 with 1595 viewsconnorscontract

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 07:19 - Jul 26 by connorscontract

You could:

Put a message in a bottle and throw it out to sea from a cliff-top/pier

Charter a boat and go out to sea. Set a boat or rubber duck sailing with messages for him written on it.

Like that, but go 20 miles inland and set them sailing on the Orwell.

Plant a tree somewhere. Either in your own or a family members garden, or somewhere random and beautiful in the countryside.

All the best, I hope you find something meaningful to do.

Go to an isolated sandy beach with a decent low tide. Write his name in the sand. Really big and really thick lettering. Retreat to a high vantage point (cliffs?) and film the tide coming in and out over it.

Cook his favourite meal (or buy his favourite takeaway). Box it up and take it to a homeless person in the town centre.
Login to get fewer ads

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 07:29 - Jul 26 with 1579 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 07:26 - Jul 26 by connorscontract

Go to an isolated sandy beach with a decent low tide. Write his name in the sand. Really big and really thick lettering. Retreat to a high vantage point (cliffs?) and film the tide coming in and out over it.

Cook his favourite meal (or buy his favourite takeaway). Box it up and take it to a homeless person in the town centre.

All good ideas mate thanks. I'll think of something!

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 07:37 - Jul 26 with 1563 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 07:29 - Jul 26 by RoyKeanesDog

All good ideas mate thanks. I'll think of something!

With a little luck the universe may arrange the mother of all thunder and lighting spectaculars for you........especially if you head inland about 20 or 30 miles! All the best!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 09:54 - Jul 26 with 1474 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Also keep an eye out for Mars low in the Sky on Friday, it will look bigger and brighter than normal as it's going to be at it's closest to Earth in the last 15 years.

2003 was the last time the red planet came exceptionally close to Earth. It was closer in 2003 than it had been in some 60,000 years. But on Friday Mars isn’t quite as bright as it was in 2003.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 10:06 - Jul 26 with 1467 viewsSwansea_Blue

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 09:54 - Jul 26 by BullardsMagicMullet

Also keep an eye out for Mars low in the Sky on Friday, it will look bigger and brighter than normal as it's going to be at it's closest to Earth in the last 15 years.

2003 was the last time the red planet came exceptionally close to Earth. It was closer in 2003 than it had been in some 60,000 years. But on Friday Mars isn’t quite as bright as it was in 2003.

Cool, thanks. Shame I haven't got a telescope. But never mind, it'll still be a good education for my kids kids (and their dad!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 10:13 - Jul 26 with 1456 viewsStokieBlue

Happening on Friday - DEF INFO!! on 10:06 - Jul 26 by Swansea_Blue

Cool, thanks. Shame I haven't got a telescope. But never mind, it'll still be a good education for my kids kids (and their dad!).

Mars is incredibly hard to really observe with a telescope, even when it's at it's closest point as it is now so I wouldn't worry about that.

It should still be a lovely astronomical sight on Friday night if the thunderstorms hold off.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024