Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. 16:21 - Aug 3 with 1499 viewshomer_123

A little concerned we might be more quant than qual with our signings.

I'm not writing anyone off and Hurst made it clear he wanted to make changes. Clearly not every signing works out and I hope I'm wrong....as I say, at this stage it can only be an observation and a vague concern.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:21 - Aug 3 with 1476 viewsKieran_Knows

We'll soon find out over the next few weeks.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:25 - Aug 3 with 1453 viewsDanFord

I don't think that at all at this stage. Hurst loves Nsiala and Nolan. He wanted Edwards, Harrison, Donacien and Chalobah. Edun is someone Shrewsbury had scouted. He knows them all well and thinks they can add something here. That's 8 players with Roberts. Even if we got Bogle, Tilt and Jackson (can't see the latter two happening), that would be 11 (probably 9 in total though) players. May seem excessive but we have lost CCV, Connolly, Iorfa and Celina, plus McGoldrick, Gleeson, Carayol and Bru. Bound to be a couple more. So I'd imagine when all is said and done we'll have similar numbers to last year and not excessive and these are all players Hurst has seemingly scouted or worked with and knows he wanted for us.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:28 - Aug 3 with 1415 viewsitfcjoe

I agree to a point, think we have looked at who Shrews would have been after in the summer in a few cases (Roberts, Edun).

Just think we are still very unbalanced, but come Thursday more should be clear when Waggy goes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:30 - Aug 3 with 1388 viewshomer_123

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:28 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

I agree to a point, think we have looked at who Shrews would have been after in the summer in a few cases (Roberts, Edun).

Just think we are still very unbalanced, but come Thursday more should be clear when Waggy goes

Certainly concerns at CB for this division Joe.

As I say, just a vague concern, no more at this point...still a way to go.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:30 - Aug 3 with 1380 viewsDanFord

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:28 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

That's a good point. The loans seem to be off the list of who Shrewsbury might have got if they went up (bound to have had a list ready to go) and the permanent players are ones that Hurst feel can be first team players in the Championship.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:32 - Aug 3 with 1370 viewsMullet

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:25 - Aug 3 by DanFord

I don't think that at all at this stage. Hurst loves Nsiala and Nolan. He wanted Edwards, Harrison, Donacien and Chalobah. Edun is someone Shrewsbury had scouted. He knows them all well and thinks they can add something here. That's 8 players with Roberts. Even if we got Bogle, Tilt and Jackson (can't see the latter two happening), that would be 11 (probably 9 in total though) players. May seem excessive but we have lost CCV, Connolly, Iorfa and Celina, plus McGoldrick, Gleeson, Carayol and Bru. Bound to be a couple more. So I'd imagine when all is said and done we'll have similar numbers to last year and not excessive and these are all players Hurst has seemingly scouted or worked with and knows he wanted for us.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 16:50 - Aug 3 with 1284 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

At our budget, every signing we make is a risk.

Just got to trust the judgement behind it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Slight concern and, at this stage, an observation. on 17:16 - Aug 3 with 1206 viewsDarth_Koont

Difficult to say. Individual quality has always been less of an issue than what team can be made out of them. And in theory we are still looking for hidden value in players that still has to come through.

I guess the real question is which of the players PH inherited he didn't fancy for one reason or another. Will be interesting to see which team emerges but I guess we'll have to wait until September for PH's first proper team (loans in/out are all done by then and all the players are getting back to full training).

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024