Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Need some experienced championship players” myth 22:23 - Aug 4 with 707 viewsMonkey

There’s a bit of talk on here that Town need a few players with Championship experience and the same was mentioned by Mick Mills on radio suffolk after the game. Mick said something along the lines of “we need one or two players in the team who know how to play at this level” (apparently forgetting Bart, Chambers, Knudsen and Skuse) then went on to say “Blackburn looked more experienced and used to this level, although they’ve only just been promoted” so he undone his own point.

What I’m getting at is there’s this talk that we need experience at championship level when in reality it isn’t essential. Mick said Blackburn had it as they had some composure on the ball. We will get that when the players get used to the formations and what the manager wants. There is no need to replace Waghorn and maybe Garner with experienced Championship strikers, if Hurst finds a player who suits his style and formation then we will be fine.

We have some experience in the team already at this level and let’s not pretend league one and the championship are worlds apart because they’re not. It’s not championship to the premier league. Give this team some time and they will look the part. We’ve tried the experienced heads route in recent years now it’s time for young and hungry players and I for one am excited by the prospect.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

“Need some experienced championship players” myth on 22:32 - Aug 4 with 679 viewsArnieM

For me I thought Blackburn man for man, outmuscled our lads most of the afternoon...league one legacy? But the also were allowed to get away with far more than our players were.

The main difference to day apart from physicality was Blackburn were a seasoned “ team”. They had been used to playing together for a while ...compared to our lot who barely knew one another’s first name. We had 5 debuts today. Two of those players had only been in the Club a matter of hours. It showed. There were good little individual performances but clearly little understanding at times between the players when it mattered. But that will come.

We’ll finish comfortably higher than Blackburn this season I feel .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024