Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
names printed on ticket.... 18:04 - Aug 5 with 3397 viewstextbackup

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/august/ipswich-tickets/

whats the betting a few will be turned away

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

names printed on ticket.... on 18:12 - Aug 5 with 3326 viewsSteve_M

That's going to be tricky given half of them can't read and they have only a few surnames up there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

names printed on ticket.... on 18:12 - Aug 5 with 3324 viewsJ2BLUE

Let the usual 'we'll have X thousand in the home end' BS start

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

names printed on ticket.... on 18:16 - Aug 5 with 3299 viewsTractorWood

What about the friends and family thing? A decent percentage of our tickets historically for the away derby will not be used by the person on the ticket.

I assume we'll buy them as normal, take them back to the ticket office and they'll reissue them with someone else's name and customer number on it.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 18:19]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

names printed on ticket.... on 18:16 - Aug 5 with 3288 viewstextbackup

names printed on ticket.... on 18:12 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

thing is, if any of them had half a brain, they'd realise in advance that they'll only get 2000 tickets, we'll have probably 8k unused seats, so last season they could have created an account on ticket site and brought a ticket for one of our cheapo games, they've then got the history - able to log on and buy tikets for their game vs us in home end.

names printed on ticket.... on 18:17 - Aug 5 with 3272 viewstextbackup

names printed on ticket.... on 18:16 - Aug 5 by TractorWood

What about the friends and family thing? A decent percentage of our tickets historically for the away derby will not be used by the person on the ticket.

I assume we'll buy them as normal, take them back to the ticket office and they'll reissue them with someone else's name and customer number on it.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 18:19]

this is clearly to stop that happening, isn't it

names printed on ticket.... on 18:26 - Aug 5 with 3203 viewsSitfcB

names printed on ticket.... on 18:16 - Aug 5 by textbackup

thing is, if any of them had half a brain, they'd realise in advance that they'll only get 2000 tickets, we'll have probably 8k unused seats, so last season they could have created an account on ticket site and brought a ticket for one of our cheapo games, they've then got the history - able to log on and buy tikets for their game vs us in home end.

We will sell out this time. Everyone knows we are due a win over the c|_|nts. Plus it’s not on TV.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

names printed on ticket.... on 18:35 - Aug 5 with 3148 viewsgtsb

The photographic proof will be interesting .

[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 18:35]
names printed on ticket.... on 18:41 - Aug 5 with 3094 viewsJakeITFC

I’ve been to a lot of events all of the world, both sporting and otherwise, where this has been advertised in advance (name on tickets has to match ID) and it’s never as stringent as they say it will be.

Checking 2,000 tickets against photo ID is not going to be a quick manoeuvre, especially as all of them are likely to turn up at the same time.
Login to get fewer ads

names printed on ticket.... on 18:47 - Aug 5 with 3060 viewsElderGrizzly

They think Block E is restricted view as well, when it is better than the usual visitor section.

names printed on ticket.... on 19:42 - Aug 5 with 2852 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC said this would be introduced for the seniors this season at the forum towards the end of last season.

Reason is that a very significantly high number of those pulled for the trouble at Norwich away last season (the teenage gimps that thought pulling down ducting throwing beer around is fun) had only been to that one away game all season and didn’t buy the tickets themselves (mates with memberships / STs that meant hen the customer number etc bought them for them).

This will also be enforced for ITFC fans for the away game up there, so tough luck if you rely on existing STs / members to get you a ticket for your one away of the season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

names printed on ticket.... on 19:44 - Aug 5 with 2832 viewsReuser_is_God

names printed on ticket.... on 19:42 - Aug 5 by ITFC_Forever

ITFC said this would be introduced for the seniors this season at the forum towards the end of last season.

Reason is that a very significantly high number of those pulled for the trouble at Norwich away last season (the teenage gimps that thought pulling down ducting throwing beer around is fun) had only been to that one away game all season and didn’t buy the tickets themselves (mates with memberships / STs that meant hen the customer number etc bought them for them).

This will also be enforced for ITFC fans for the away game up there, so tough luck if you rely on existing STs / members to get you a ticket for your one away of the season.

Seems a bit OTT given there will be genuine people doing this but I guess that’s a consequence of the idiots who ruin things for everyone else.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

names printed on ticket.... on 19:51 - Aug 5 with 2803 viewsITFC_Forever

names printed on ticket.... on 19:44 - Aug 5 by Reuser_is_God

Seems a bit OTT given there will be genuine people doing this but I guess that’s a consequence of the idiots who ruin things for everyone else.

Yep, I usually get tickets for mates who don’t have STs / memberships from those who do, but the morons have stopped that.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they make the away concourse alcohol-free for our away game as well thanks to those pricks.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 19:55]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

names printed on ticket.... on 19:52 - Aug 5 with 2790 viewsReuser_is_God

names printed on ticket.... on 19:51 - Aug 5 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, I usually get tickets for mates who don’t have STs / memberships from those who do, but the morons have stopped that.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they make the away concourse alcohol-free for our away game as well thanks to those pricks.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 19:55]

Didn’t Norwich also do similar at PR last season?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

names printed on ticket.... on 20:21 - Aug 5 with 2699 viewsCurrie10

names printed on ticket.... on 18:12 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

Unfortunately, we might.
names printed on ticket.... on 20:44 - Aug 5 with 2642 viewsitfcjoe

names printed on ticket.... on 18:41 - Aug 5 by JakeITFC

I’ve been to a lot of events all of the world, both sporting and otherwise, where this has been advertised in advance (name on tickets has to match ID) and it’s never as stringent as they say it will be.

Checking 2,000 tickets against photo ID is not going to be a quick manoeuvre, especially as all of them are likely to turn up at the same time.

What about WC semi?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

names printed on ticket.... on 20:46 - Aug 5 with 2633 viewsDanFord

How utterly pointless. They’ve all got the same surname anyway.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

names printed on ticket.... on 21:48 - Aug 5 with 2494 viewsJakeITFC

names printed on ticket.... on 20:44 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

What about WC semi?

Nope, nor any games at the Euros.
names printed on ticket.... on 21:59 - Aug 5 with 2448 viewsMelford

I have no form of photo ID, I don't have a passport or driving licence. So even I have a legit ticket I won't get let in?

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

names printed on ticket.... on 00:10 - Aug 6 with 2338 viewsFreddies_Ears

names printed on ticket.... on 18:41 - Aug 5 by JakeITFC

I've been to quite a few events where the photo ID checks were rigorously enforced, notably some England away games (checkpoint just before the turnstiles), and a couple of gigs. Provided people know about it in advance, there is no big deal over longer queue times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024