Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That fee for Garner ... 10:11 - Aug 10 with 1869 viewsSomethingBlue

... made me do a triple-take in disbelief last night. I'd expected roughly a third of that and it's probably one of the the best deals Evans has ever done. Leaves us comfortably placed for further additions although I do look at our attacking options and worry a little that, for all the excitement about speed and agility, we are going to lack some presence up there and will need it at times. Think we can definitely upgrade on Garner but hope Hurst is able to move quickly over the next couple of weeks — it won't be easy — because otherwise we are going to need one of Jackson and Harrison to start very quickly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That fee for Garner ... on 10:13 - Aug 10 with 1819 viewshomer_123

I can see a CB and another striker coming in on loan.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That fee for Garner ... on 10:17 - Aug 10 with 1779 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Thought the same as was expecting we'd get a similar fee to what we paid at best.

There's also the added bonus that there are some top ups in the deal so we could very likely expect to get up to £2m for him in total, which would be some terrific business.
That fee for Garner ... on 10:18 - Aug 10 with 1755 viewschicoazul

Yeah I was amazed at the fee too. Disappointed he has gone though and we need a replacement as I don't think we can go to January with 2 centre forwards neither of whom have any Championship experience.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That fee for Garner ... on 10:19 - Aug 10 with 1738 viewsmrshallisfit

That fee for Garner ... on 10:18 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Yeah I was amazed at the fee too. Disappointed he has gone though and we need a replacement as I don't think we can go to January with 2 centre forwards neither of whom have any Championship experience.

Exactly this.
That fee for Garner ... on 10:26 - Aug 10 with 1686 viewsBluebell

I may be wrong but didn't he get 10 goals before he was injured? If that is the case then I am pleased we asked for that much.

Don't ask, don't get!

Good luck to him. I am sure the money will come in handy.

MM (sorry to mention him again) for all his faults certainly did well in the 'picking the right players to be sold on' category!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:27]
That fee for Garner ... on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 1620 viewsLeagueOne

It's 2018 though, so thats a relatively standard fee for a lower end Championship striker who has some previous form as well, just look at the sort of money others are going for these days.

If Accrington Stanley can get £2mil total for a player who's barely kicked a ball in the Championship over a 5 year career then surely Garner is worth what we sold him for?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

That fee for Garner ... on 11:01 - Aug 10 with 1484 viewsflimflam

It was more than I was expecting also but when you think he is an experienced championship striker and scored 1 in 3 last season none of which were free kicks or pens then it is about the going rate.

Shows what some of the new breed joining us could be worth in a year or two if they make the grade. Its a risky strategy but one I feel we need to try as else we will be in this division for another 20 years and doing it this way is going to be exciting thats for certain.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

That fee for Garner ... on 11:15 - Aug 10 with 1413 viewsLeagueOne

That fee for Garner ... on 10:41 - Aug 10 by LeagueOne

It's 2018 though, so thats a relatively standard fee for a lower end Championship striker who has some previous form as well, just look at the sort of money others are going for these days.

If Accrington Stanley can get £2mil total for a player who's barely kicked a ball in the Championship over a 5 year career then surely Garner is worth what we sold him for?

Pickles so you disagree? Down-vote all you like but don't hide.

Login to get fewer ads

That fee for Garner ... on 11:22 - Aug 10 with 1382 viewsMonkeysChuff

That fee for Garner ... on 11:15 - Aug 10 by LeagueOne

Pickles so you disagree? Down-vote all you like but don't hide.

Pickles the pr!ck.
That fee for Garner ... on 11:27 - Aug 10 with 1344 viewsLeagueOne

That fee for Garner ... on 11:22 - Aug 10 by MonkeysChuff

Pickles the pr!ck.

If you look at his posting history it's all politics stuff and not football. Maybe he's in the wrong forum?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024