Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sitting down at away games 11:55 - Aug 12 with 10832 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If your gonna do it sit at the front. Poor atmosphere yesterday which is a Shame as we travelled in good numbers. It just makes things difficult that some want to stand and some want to sit. Surely there is a way to organise this so people who want to stand are not told to sit.

However, I did enjoy the performance and thought we were unlucky. This is going to take time but it will work.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 11:56]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sitting down at away games on 11:59 - Aug 12 with 6172 viewsitfcpaul

I think you will find thst you shouldn't be standing at grounds anyway so basically you are blaming people for staying within the regulations!!

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Sitting down at away games on 12:00 - Aug 12 with 6149 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sitting down at away games on 11:59 - Aug 12 by itfcpaul

I think you will find thst you shouldn't be standing at grounds anyway so basically you are blaming people for staying within the regulations!!

Yes, yes I am

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sitting down at away games on 12:03 - Aug 12 with 6141 viewssparks

Not everyone CAN stand for 45 minutes at a time. Children can't see if you stand either.

If you are going to stand, please do it at the back...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Sitting down at away games on 12:07 - Aug 12 with 6115 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sitting down at away games on 12:03 - Aug 12 by sparks

Not everyone CAN stand for 45 minutes at a time. Children can't see if you stand either.

If you are going to stand, please do it at the back...

I completely understand that, never in my post did I say everyone should stand. However, yesterday I was 4 rows from the back and was still being told to sit down. There were no seats behind me left to stand in, but there were plenty at the front to sit in.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 12:07]

Sitting down at away games on 12:09 - Aug 12 with 6094 viewsEastTownBlue

Yes, you will struggle to find clubs organising areas for those wishing to stand at away matches.
Sitting down at away games on 12:10 - Aug 12 with 6078 viewsSitfcB

Rotherham isn’t great as it’s not that ‘deep’. It’s also quite steep.

Most away games it’s a good split, sitters at front and standers in the middle/back because the stands are ‘deeper’.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sitting down at away games on 12:12 - Aug 12 with 6065 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sitting down at away games on 12:10 - Aug 12 by SitfcB

Rotherham isn’t great as it’s not that ‘deep’. It’s also quite steep.

Most away games it’s a good split, sitters at front and standers in the middle/back because the stands are ‘deeper’.

I guess so, it was a weird one. Just people seemed to be dotted all over the place. Another reason why we need safe standing sections.

Sitting down at away games on 12:17 - Aug 12 with 6042 viewsPinewoodblue

Sitting down at away games on 12:09 - Aug 12 by EastTownBlue

Yes, you will struggle to find clubs organising areas for those wishing to stand at away matches.

Trouble is clubs cannot be seen to be organising anything that is against regulations. The fans have to police themselves, if they can get away with it.

Fans who want to stand, when it is unallocated seating, should fill seats from the back. Those who want to sit should aim for the front ten rows.

It won't work of course there will always be fans who want to be at the front and want to stand. The worst example of how inconsiderate fans can be has to be Charlton. The disabled section, in the away end, is at least ten rows back yet you can guarantee the front rows will be occupied by fans intent on standing all match.

There were seats in the back rows yesterday but not immediately behind the goal.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Sitting down at away games on 12:18 - Aug 12 with 6030 viewsBenters2

Well apart from that!
Sitting down at away games on 12:19 - Aug 12 with 6031 viewssparks

Sitting down at away games on 12:17 - Aug 12 by Pinewoodblue

Trouble is clubs cannot be seen to be organising anything that is against regulations. The fans have to police themselves, if they can get away with it.

Fans who want to stand, when it is unallocated seating, should fill seats from the back. Those who want to sit should aim for the front ten rows.

It won't work of course there will always be fans who want to be at the front and want to stand. The worst example of how inconsiderate fans can be has to be Charlton. The disabled section, in the away end, is at least ten rows back yet you can guarantee the front rows will be occupied by fans intent on standing all match.

There were seats in the back rows yesterday but not immediately behind the goal.

Last time I took my kids to a Town game was at Bristol city. They spent most of the time unable to see much, and were actually pretty upset and uncomfortable at the agressive arguments going on between some ignorant town fans insisting on standing, and smoe old boys behind them who clearly were going to struggle to stand for 45 minutes even fi they wanted to.

I've not taken them since.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Sitting down at away games on 12:24 - Aug 12 with 5990 viewsBenters2

I agree the first so many rows should be sitting,after that standing not hard is it.
Sitting down at away games on 12:28 - Aug 12 with 5967 viewsBlue_Order

Wee guys sit down at the football, shaggers stand up.
Sitting down at away games on 12:39 - Aug 12 with 5912 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sitting down at away games on 12:19 - Aug 12 by sparks

Last time I took my kids to a Town game was at Bristol city. They spent most of the time unable to see much, and were actually pretty upset and uncomfortable at the agressive arguments going on between some ignorant town fans insisting on standing, and smoe old boys behind them who clearly were going to struggle to stand for 45 minutes even fi they wanted to.

This isn't a problem at most games. Yesterday there were plenty of seats at the front with a good view. That's what I'm saying, if you want to sit these should be filled up first.

Sitting down at away games on 12:40 - Aug 12 with 5906 viewsBenters2

Sitting down at away games on 12:28 - Aug 12 by Blue_Order

Wee guys sit down at the football, shaggers stand up.

Ha!
Sitting down at away games on 12:41 - Aug 12 with 5901 viewsRadlett_blue

Sitting down at away games on 12:19 - Aug 12 by sparks

I took my children to an away game years ago when they were quite young & they had to spend most of the game standing on their seats to see anything, which is clearly dangerous. The sooner the law is changed so that grounds can be partially safe standing, the better.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sitting down at away games on 12:53 - Aug 12 with 5856 viewsSWGF

I go with Jnr (and my mate and his boy) so don't/can't stand all match. Also don't *really* want our kids to hear the c-bomb being screamed every other word by bum-fluffed teens with limited vocabulary around me but understand the requirement for some fans to do so.

I'd be happy that every away match was "sit where you want". I don't mind getting there early and getting a decent view for our children but away from the "cool kids" who, I presume, would want to be behind the goal and clumped together.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Sitting down at away games on 12:55 - Aug 12 with 5826 viewsMullet

Sitting down at away games on 12:53 - Aug 12 by SWGF

I go with Jnr (and my mate and his boy) so don't/can't stand all match. Also don't *really* want our kids to hear the c-bomb being screamed every other word by bum-fluffed teens with limited vocabulary around me but understand the requirement for some fans to do so.

I'd be happy that every away match was "sit where you want". I don't mind getting there early and getting a decent view for our children but away from the "cool kids" who, I presume, would want to be behind the goal and clumped together.

This whole thread doesn't really work when it's allocated seating does it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sitting down at away games on 13:14 - Aug 12 with 5771 viewsBluebell

Sitting down at away games on 12:55 - Aug 12 by Mullet

This whole thread doesn't really work when it's allocated seating does it?

This.

We were told to sit in our allocated seats yesterday and were in row F so quite near to the front.

When you order tickets online as we have to, you don’t get a choice of where your seats are going to be at away games.
Sitting down at away games on 13:23 - Aug 12 with 5723 viewsPJH

Sitting down at away games on 13:14 - Aug 12 by Bluebell

This.

We were told to sit in our allocated seats yesterday and were in row F so quite near to the front.

When you order tickets online as we have to, you don’t get a choice of where your seats are going to be at away games.

Yep, I was also told it was allocated seating and I was in row C which was actually the front row in use.
Sitting down at away games on 13:24 - Aug 12 with 5717 viewsazuremerlangus

Sitting down at away games on 13:14 - Aug 12 by Bluebell

This.

???? I was told i could sit where I want yesterday but agree with your second point.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Sitting down at away games on 13:25 - Aug 12 with 5707 viewsbobwya

Until safe standing is allowed - and provided - use the seat you pay for as you are supposed to.
Sitting down at away games on 13:27 - Aug 12 with 5697 viewsCaptMickMills

Campaign for safe standing areas which I agree with but until then sit as per regulations.
Sitting down at away games on 13:29 - Aug 12 with 5692 viewsPJH

Sitting down at away games on 13:25 - Aug 12 by bobwya

Until safe standing is allowed - and provided - use the seat you pay for as you are supposed to.

Although that is not strictly true because you pay for "a seat" and you get a ticket with a specific seat on but that is not necessarily the seat that you would choose if given a choice.
It is the seat that you have paid for but may not be the seat that you want.
Sitting down at away games on 13:38 - Aug 12 with 5673 viewsTractorWood

Our away following very much changes depending on who and where we are playing. It's generally loud and standing in London, Birmingham and Norwich but outside of that, it's very reticent.

Our fans know this and pick aways accordingly.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Sitting down at away games on 13:55 - Aug 12 with 5625 viewsElderGrizzly

Sitting down at away games on 13:38 - Aug 12 by TractorWood

Our away following very much changes depending on who and where we are playing. It's generally loud and standing in London, Birmingham and Norwich but outside of that, it's very reticent.

Our fans know this and pick aways accordingly.

But should fans with kids or older fans who can’t stand avoid certain games just because others are ignorant?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024