Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart is a liability (n/t) 17:25 - Aug 25 with 6032 viewsArnieM

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:28 - Aug 25 with 4982 viewsbadadski

He's come back piss poor after World Cup. New coach or training tactics have screwed him up as is not domineering his immediate five yard area and is very flat footed. Needs to be dropped or
Complacency will set in if it hasn't already.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:29 - Aug 25 with 4972 viewstractorboy7777

If I was Gerken I’d certainly be giving Hurst a nudge

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:29 - Aug 25 with 4970 viewsmrshallisfit

He seems to be living in some kind of cuckoo land since going to the World War. After a rank bad start to the season he then bangs on about how the World Cup will make him a better player.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:30 - Aug 25 with 4957 viewsWickets

Bit of a worry when at a time when we need our big players to stand up, our 2 world cup players seem to have a dip in form!
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:33 - Aug 25 with 4914 viewspointofblue

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:29 - Aug 25 by mrshallisfit

He seems to be living in some kind of cuckoo land since going to the World War. After a rank bad start to the season he then bangs on about how the World Cup will make him a better player.

The World War?! I know we've struggled at the start of this season but I didn't realise things were that bad.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:34 - Aug 25 with 4904 viewsRobTheMonk

Bart amassed a shed load of bonus points with fans last season. He's still got a few left but it is worrying. There was a point today where Chambers was getting a bouncing ball and looked to pass to Bart and Bart was too far out for a safe pass back. Chambo had to turn out and kick it for a throw. He was going mental at Bart for his positioning.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 17:41]
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:36 - Aug 25 with 4885 viewschristiand

I'm a big Bart fan, but as a goalkeeper you are looking to perform with a level of consistency and exude confidence in those in front of you. I think we can say, most if not all games this season Bart has made a mistake which has proved costly. I'm not sure the reasoning for this and feel sure Bart would argue that he hasn't really changed his approach from the last couple of seasons where he has been terrific for us. It's a tough call for PH because Bart is certainly a better keeper than Gerken, but his mistakes are proving costly, which can't help the team or particularly the defence which must create uncertainty. Is it better to take Bart out of the firing line before his confidence completely disintegrates? This is where PH's man management skills are going to be really tested, along with all the other issues he has with his team at the moment.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 17:37]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:39 - Aug 25 with 4849 viewsSuperblue95

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:29 - Aug 25 by mrshallisfit

If he's been fighting in a world war then I'd give him a bit of leeway over his performances

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:41 - Aug 25 with 4822 viewsDublinBlue84

Poor communication with him and the defence recently I've noticed and he doesn't seem to trust Nsala and Donacien from what I've observed.

Unfortunately when we've changed a team so much it's no surprise that it's having problems gelling and building a level of trust between goalkeeper and defence.

Doesn't mean Bart is off the hook, but the defence and keeper look like strangers at times and that's the case with other parts of the team.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:42 - Aug 25 with 4813 viewshammo56

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:28 - Aug 25 by badadski

He's come back piss poor after World Cup. New coach or training tactics have screwed him up as is not domineering his immediate five yard area and is very flat footed. Needs to be dropped or
Complacency will set in if it hasn't already.

Bart has never commanded the 6 yard box and that with his kicking is probably why he is not playing in the Premiership
Great shot stopper yes but certainly has major weaknesses in other parts of his game.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 18:54 - Aug 25 with 4668 viewsMelford

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:39 - Aug 25 by Superblue95

If he's been fighting in a world war then I'd give him a bit of leeway over his performances

Poland had a tough group in that one.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 18:57 - Aug 25 with 4642 viewssparks

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 18:54 - Aug 25 by Melford

Poland had a tough group in that one.

I wonder if the difference between a decent encouraging start for PH and the one we have, is that our keeper is having a dip in form?

Where would we be but for that?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:10 - Aug 25 with 4617 viewsMelford

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 18:57 - Aug 25 by sparks

I wonder if the difference between a decent encouraging start for PH and the one we have, is that our keeper is having a dip in form?

Where would we be but for that?

He's played at such a high standard for the last couple of years, single handedly literally saving us points. He's created such a high bar for himself, but he doesn't seem his usual self so far this season, I think you could say prime Bart wouldn't have shipped those goals against Blackburn for example. I think he's had a bit of a World Cup hangover mentally, he's never been at a top club, he was knocking around the lower leagues before he came to us and he's played his way into his country's World Cup squad, fulfilling his old man's dying wish. That was probably beyond his wildest dreams when he released by Southampton and pitched up at Notts County.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:12 - Aug 25 with 4609 viewschristiand

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:10 - Aug 25 by Melford

He's played at such a high standard for the last couple of years, single handedly literally saving us points. He's created such a high bar for himself, but he doesn't seem his usual self so far this season, I think you could say prime Bart wouldn't have shipped those goals against Blackburn for example. I think he's had a bit of a World Cup hangover mentally, he's never been at a top club, he was knocking around the lower leagues before he came to us and he's played his way into his country's World Cup squad, fulfilling his old man's dying wish. That was probably beyond his wildest dreams when he released by Southampton and pitched up at Notts County.

And perhaps that is the real issue with Bart at the moment what's going on between the ears.

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:15 - Aug 25 with 4586 viewshoppy

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:12 - Aug 25 by christiand

And perhaps that is the real issue with Bart at the moment what's going on between the ears.

Or maybe, as I just posted on another thread, maybe the change of goalkeeper coach is affecting him - did we ought to be asking Malcolm Webster to come out of retirement?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:22 - Aug 25 with 4557 viewschristiand

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:15 - Aug 25 by hoppy

Or maybe, as I just posted on another thread, maybe the change of goalkeeper coach is affecting him - did we ought to be asking Malcolm Webster to come out of retirement?

It certainly could be Hoppy, but I think as a goalkeeper the mental side is the most important facet in their armoury. Doing things consistently well and being able to box up mistakes and deal with them afterwards or in training is essential. Perhaps the loss of Webster is more important than we realise for Bart, but he seems to be struggling and is making mistakes regularly which is really unlike him.

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:24 - Aug 25 with 4546 viewsfloridaboy

Really wonder if he is miffed because he was not able to get his premier league move. Yes he got his 3 year contract and a decent pay rise but he is obviously now thinking that he made a world cup squad and should be playing at a higher level and no one came in for him!!

Maybe taking him out of the firing line will give him a bit of a gee up. That is up to Hurst!
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 21:12 - Aug 25 with 4362 viewshoppy

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:22 - Aug 25 by christiand

It certainly could be Hoppy, but I think as a goalkeeper the mental side is the most important facet in their armoury. Doing things consistently well and being able to box up mistakes and deal with them afterwards or in training is essential. Perhaps the loss of Webster is more important than we realise for Bart, but he seems to be struggling and is making mistakes regularly which is really unlike him.

He worked with Webster at Southampton too, didn’t he?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 05:08 - Aug 26 with 4047 viewsharlingblue

Bart has been a great shot stopper in a poor MM team. In the current team he needs to show more command of the 18 yard box, and be better at distribution of the ball.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 08:01 - Aug 26 with 3936 viewsSwn98

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:15 - Aug 25 by hoppy

Missing Micks man management skills.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 08:18 - Aug 26 with 3887 viewshowdonblue

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 17:42 - Aug 25 by hammo56

Bart has never commanded the 6 yard box and that with his kicking is probably why he is not playing in the Premiership
Great shot stopper yes but certainly has major weaknesses in other parts of his game.

That is bang on!
He does not command the 6 yard box , and that is a major problem
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 08:24 - Aug 26 with 3855 viewssotd78

New defence in front. Not surprising.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 08:40 - Aug 26 with 3826 viewsNSL

Last season he had something to play for. Improved contract or a move to the prem, world cup selection. Now what? He’s got his improved contract but probably can’t kick on from here. How many times have we seen that?! Money itself is not a motivator

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 08:40 - Aug 26 with 3827 viewsBluebell

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 08:24 - Aug 26 by sotd78

This is my thought too.

Last season he had Spence, Chambers (in his correct position ) Webster and Knudsen. When Webster was injured and with Carter Vickers in the team Mick very often played three at the back with Spence and Kenlock on the wing.

To my mind Bart felt safe with those players especially with Skuse in the team too.

Hopefully he will get used to Hurst's formation and players so it is stupid to write him off yet.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 9:06]
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 09:04 - Aug 26 with 3757 viewshowdonblue

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 08:24 - Aug 26 by sotd78

Look I love bart like everyone but fact is
He came out a missed two crosses yesterday and this has been an issue numerous times in the past .
He needs to work hard on this area of his game as this is a fundamental part of being a top keeper otherwise we will have gerks back in goal .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024