Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments 01:02 - Sep 3 with 3140 viewsRobbie12345

Based on today I would take none of the Scum’s team instead of ours. I feel our players match or better them in every position and have more potential to improve too. Norwich seem to lack personality, every player blending into one, nobody standing out for ability or fight, a bang average-poor side. We also have options throughout the team, they do not so will only take a few injuries and they will be right down there.

I think we played well, even if still a bit goal shy. Pennington was my MOTM especially after coming straight in on a days training, he was faultless. Edwards again a handful. Walters will be dangerous for us. Feel we missed Skuse after half time, defensively, as we did vs Sheff Wed. Hopefully he will be ok for Hull. Chalobah is good and will be great, just misses an experienced head at times. Graham and Nolan were poor, Graham went missing and Nolan just cannot shoot but hopefully will turn good, I am hopeful.

Feel Gerken deserved a chance and he stepped up. We have to decide if we want wonder-saves but accept there will be mistakes (inc flapping and poor set pieces) and soft goals (Bart) or consistency and few mistakes but will make few wonder-saves (Gerken). In the present moment we need to stop the soft goals so Gerken works well, even if not the option long term. Hopefully Bart now gets his head down and bounces back to his best after a wakeup call. Good we have competition, in all areas.

Only heard two chants from Norwich all game after they had scored, they were absolutely embarrassing as so called ‘fans’. After today it is clear they lose all bragging rights to comment on our fanbase.

Our fans were great, the atmosphere was great and as many said was a good day out and a point overall was about fair. Always some idiots who can’t help themselves... re- Fashanu chants after the game. I just don’t understand some people.

After having some truly incompetent refs recently, credit where credit is due, todays ref was really good and managed the game well as a whole.

Feel Hull is now a vvv important win, hopefully after a rest and actually training together as a team we will start to see improvements with results. This will be the first game of the league season I have missed- not having my away record curse over us then! Going to feel like forever till 15th, really got the bug for Ipswich matches, even with the results so far.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 02:08 - Sep 3 with 3077 viewsRudyard83

I'd take their left back, and maybe Aarons. However their squad is a lot worse than I thought it would be. Even Rhodes was poor
Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 02:53 - Sep 3 with 3054 viewsRobbie12345

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 02:08 - Sep 3 by Rudyard83

I'd take their left back, and maybe Aarons. However their squad is a lot worse than I thought it would be. Even Rhodes was poor

Agreed but maybe only as back up to Knudsen! Me as well

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 06:04 - Sep 3 with 2972 viewsWarkystache

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 02:53 - Sep 3 by Robbie12345

Agreed but maybe only as back up to Knudsen! Me as well

I'd have that left-sided striker who looked like a hairy Gary Megson. Tettey got into dangerous positions as well. Krul's a fairly good keeper.

Wouldn't have Rhodes back though. They're welcome to him. He's lost it big time, plus he's a filthy Judas. He'll struggle to net double figures this season.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:04 - Sep 3 with 2806 viewsSteve_M

I really liked Pukki, thought he was at the heart of an awful lot of their good moves. Their use of the ball in midfield was also much better than ours was, crisper and more efficient.

They were pretty crap under pressure at the back and Rhodes is looking past it these days. Shame they didn't waste another £8m on him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:11 - Sep 3 with 2792 viewsTonytown

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:04 - Sep 3 by Steve_M

I really liked Pukki, thought he was at the heart of an awful lot of their good moves. Their use of the ball in midfield was also much better than ours was, crisper and more efficient.

They were pretty crap under pressure at the back and Rhodes is looking past it these days. Shame they didn't waste another £8m on him.

The 2 full backs and Pukki would improve our team greatly.

Hopefully Donacien will play at Hull where I guess Graham will miss out.

Walters was immense and Edwards is a real player too.

Pennington looks like he will do a CCV and tighten up the defence.

Spence was poor and Knudsen defensively worries me.

We just needed to get that 2nd goal.
Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:15 - Sep 3 with 2780 viewsReuser_is_God

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:04 - Sep 3 by Steve_M

Yeah I thought Pukki was good too.

Him & Tettey their best players, the rest I thought were bang average.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:16 - Sep 3 with 2773 viewsReuser_is_God

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:11 - Sep 3 by Tonytown

Hopefully the Donacien issue will be sorted by then & we will 'only' have 5 loanees.

Evans out

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:21 - Sep 3 with 2756 viewsHerbivore

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:11 - Sep 3 by Tonytown

Why does Knudsen worry you? He's very solid defensively and they created very little down his side of the pitch over the 90 minutes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:53 - Sep 3 with 2690 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:16 - Sep 3 by Reuser_is_God

Hopefully the Donacien issue will be sorted by then & we will 'only' have 5 loanees.

Can we actually sign him now though? Don’t we have to wait until January?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:55 - Sep 3 with 2683 viewshype313

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 06:04 - Sep 3 by Warkystache

I'd have that left-sided striker who looked like a hairy Gary Megson. Tettey got into dangerous positions as well. Krul's a fairly good keeper.

Wouldn't have Rhodes back though. They're welcome to him. He's lost it big time, plus he's a filthy Judas. He'll struggle to net double figures this season.

I remember last season when we played Wednesday at home and Rhodes was dreadful, thought at the time that his days were done, Wednesday were poor, but with Bannan in the middle he does create chances, Rhodes looked cumbersome.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 09:13 - Sep 3 with 2601 viewsReuser_is_God

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 08:53 - Sep 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Can we actually sign him now though? Don’t we have to wait until January?

Apparently so.

Evans out

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 09:19 - Sep 3 with 2569 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Pukki looks a decent player, Hendandez is clearly good on his day and Lewis will be a decent player (although Edwards eventually got the better of him).

That aside they have a lot of players that would struggle to get into other Championship sides. For the first time in a decade you could argue that we'd have 5 or 6 players each in a combined side, rather than the status quo of working out which 2 or 3 of ours would get in their side.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Would you take any Norwich players over ours? + match comments on 09:30 - Sep 3 with 2496 viewsxrayspecs

Jamal Lewis, the left back, looks a real prospect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024