Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Girona v Barcelona.... 12:19 - Sep 5 with 3087 viewsKieran_Knows

... first game to go global in January 2019. Being played in Miami. Absurd isn't it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/girona-fc-barcelona-usa-mi

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Girona v Barcelona.... on 12:31 - Sep 5 with 3046 viewsitfcjoe

Man City B v Barcelona in Miami, beautiful

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Girona v Barcelona.... on 12:36 - Sep 5 with 3021 viewsSW6Tractor

Battle of the Costa Brava airports goes global!

Seems a strange fixture to export really.
Girona v Barcelona.... on 12:38 - Sep 5 with 3015 viewsStewart27

Don’t understand why they don’t play the community shield abroad? Would put an end to this nonsence. It’s just another rubbish Wembley game nowadays.
Girona v Barcelona.... on 12:57 - Sep 5 with 2968 viewsvilanovablue

Girona v Barcelona.... on 12:36 - Sep 5 by SW6Tractor

Battle of the Costa Brava airports goes global!

Seems a strange fixture to export really.

Politically 2 Catalan teams who want to potentially separate from Spain are chosen as the first to play overseas, makes sense to me.
Girona v Barcelona.... on 13:51 - Sep 5 with 2893 viewsfloridablue

I thought the Spanish players were totally against this idea as I am. Would hate to see a Premier League game switched to over here. I'm ok with the pre-season games and I did drive down to Miami to watch England play Ecuador a couple of years back, just not a fan of this!
on 15:17 - Sep 5 with 2794 views_

Girona v Barcelona.... on 12:31 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:19 - Sep 5 with 2787 viewsKieran_Knows

Girona v Barcelona.... on 12:31 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

I'm quite interested to see how Patrick Roberts gets on at Girona (as I am with all English players that go abroad at the minute).

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:21 - Sep 5 with 2779 viewsKieran_Knows

on 15:17 - Sep 5 by _

Sure is an interesting model. A few teams under the City one, isn't there? Girona, Melbourne City, New York City FC and somebody out in Japan IIRC?

EDIT - think they've also got an affiliation with NAC Breda in Holland as plenty of players go on loan to them, but don't think they're part of the 'group'.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 15:22]

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:24 - Sep 5 with 2767 views_

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:19 - Sep 5 by Kieran_Knows

I'm quite interested to see how Patrick Roberts gets on at Girona (as I am with all English players that go abroad at the minute).

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:29 - Sep 5 with 2747 viewsKieran_Knows

on 15:24 - Sep 5 by _

Indeed, I started following an account on twitter about English players going abroad and I've kept an eye out since. Germany and Holland seem to be the places to go. Ha, Kenny Pavey, Swedish import legend!

Read this article earlier about players going to the Bundesliga.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jadon-sancho-reiss-nelson-how-13195

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:31 - Sep 5 with 2735 viewsitfcjoe

on 15:24 - Sep 5 by _

There are loads this year, even Wolves seem to have a feeder club in Segunda B which is very low level in reality and a couple that have gone there should be playing at a higher level.

Jadon Sancho is the main man to look out for, a shame Reiss Nelson only went to Hoffenheim on loan

on 15:33 - Sep 5 with 2729 views_

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:29 - Sep 5 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, I started following an account on twitter about English players going abroad and I've kept an eye out since. Germany and Holland seem to be the places to go. Ha, Kenny Pavey, Swedish import legend!

Read this article earlier about players going to the Bundesliga.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jadon-sancho-reiss-nelson-how-13195

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:42 - Sep 5 with 2712 viewsPJH

on 15:33 - Sep 5 by _

Yes, Nelson was at Trafalgar.
on 15:43 - Sep 5 with 2704 views_

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:42 - Sep 5 by PJH

Yes, Nelson was at Trafalgar.

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:48 - Sep 5 with 2691 viewsPJH

on 15:43 - Sep 5 by _

Yes well I am older so I know more history.

I bet you don't know who won The League in 1961/62.
Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:50 - Sep 5 with 2679 viewsKieran_Knows

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:31 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

There are loads this year, even Wolves seem to have a feeder club in Segunda B which is very low level in reality and a couple that have gone there should be playing at a higher level.

Jadon Sancho is the main man to look out for, a shame Reiss Nelson only went to Hoffenheim on loan

Wolves sent 9 players on loan to that club last week.
https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/academy/20180831-wolves-send-nine-player-on-loan-t

Indeed, Sancho looks a really good player, been a great move for him. Shame Ademola Lookman didn't make his move permanent to RB Leipzig, last big rejected was £25m for him!

EDIT - hadn't realised one of those Wolves players was Ben Stevenson, he was the lad at Coventry who then went to Col U on loan last season, wasn't he? Surely he's far too good for that level?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 15:52]

on 15:51 - Sep 5 with 2675 views_

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:48 - Sep 5 by PJH

Yes well I am older so I know more history.

I bet you don't know who won The League in 1961/62.

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:59 - Sep 5 with 2657 viewsitfcjoe

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:50 - Sep 5 by Kieran_Knows

Wolves sent 9 players on loan to that club last week.
https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/academy/20180831-wolves-send-nine-player-on-loan-t

Indeed, Sancho looks a really good player, been a great move for him. Shame Ademola Lookman didn't make his move permanent to RB Leipzig, last big rejected was £25m for him!

EDIT - hadn't realised one of those Wolves players was Ben Stevenson, he was the lad at Coventry who then went to Col U on loan last season, wasn't he? Surely he's far too good for that level?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 15:52]

Lookman has been stitched up, Allardyce didn't want him to go there and he forced the move. He is desperate to go back but they won't sell him and yet he isn't even getting a look in!

Ben Stevenson is way too good for that level, such a pointless move.

The name escapes me but there is a kid who went to play in Eastern Europe and has played in Europe that has just signed for Anderlecht (aged about 25 now) and is starting for them so sounds an interesting story

Girona v Barcelona.... on 16:06 - Sep 5 with 2643 viewsKieran_Knows

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:59 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

Lookman has been stitched up, Allardyce didn't want him to go there and he forced the move. He is desperate to go back but they won't sell him and yet he isn't even getting a look in!

Ben Stevenson is way too good for that level, such a pointless move.

The name escapes me but there is a kid who went to play in Eastern Europe and has played in Europe that has just signed for Anderlecht (aged about 25 now) and is starting for them so sounds an interesting story

Allardyce wanted him to go Derby, IIRC? I can't believe they didn't sell at £25m +clauses. Feel sorry for Lookman really.

Indeed, didn't realise he was one of the 9 till I was finding that article again!

James Lawrence? Was with Arsenal and Ajax as a kid I think, then moved to Slovenia where he won the league and cup over the last 2-3 seasons. I did see that he went Anderlecht last week, very good move for him as well.

Girona v Barcelona.... on 20:51 - Sep 5 with 2487 viewsDanTheMan

Girona v Barcelona.... on 15:21 - Sep 5 by Kieran_Knows

Sure is an interesting model. A few teams under the City one, isn't there? Girona, Melbourne City, New York City FC and somebody out in Japan IIRC?

EDIT - think they've also got an affiliation with NAC Breda in Holland as plenty of players go on loan to them, but don't think they're part of the 'group'.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 15:22]

There was also the one that Charlton was a part of. EDIT: Still a part of, it was Standard Liege leaving that I remember as it caused a tonne of problems at my last place.

They literally used to share scouts. There was no separation.

Should be outlawed.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 20:56]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024