Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beat 16:54 - Sep 16 with 1010 viewsPJH

I have already said most of what I intend to say on multiple threads about the great man but I cannot let this sad news go without my personal attempt at a tribute.
He was for me and many others on here the greatest allround footballer that those of us lucky enough to have seen him play have ever seen.
He had everything, pace,power, great in the air,great in the tackle,a great shot-I do not think it could be possible to exaggerate just how good he was.

I see that ITFC are going to have a minutes applause on Tuesday, I know that I will spend that minute in tears just as I have been for most of the last hour and a half or so.

RIP The Beat-the greatest player that I have ever and will ever see,a true legend.
I loved you.
The Beat on 17:02 - Sep 16 with 984 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A fitting tribute to the great man.
My sentiments entirely.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The Beat on 17:51 - Sep 16 with 910 viewsPJH

The Beat on 17:02 - Sep 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

A fitting tribute to the great man.
My sentiments entirely.

Just as an afterthought I have on the wall behind me a framed photograph of Mick Mills,John Wark,my son,myself,The Beat and Roger Osborne along with the F.A. Cup.
It was taken in 2008 at a Blues Foundation 30 year celebration do.

That photo with The Beat with his arm on my shoulder and me with my Kevin Beattie Ipswich Legends T shirt on has become even more special today.

I will wear that T shirt at PR on Tuesday night.
The Beat on 21:41 - Sep 16 with 802 viewssundaze

Thank you for writing the words that I couldn't say any better. It feels like losing a close family member.

The word "legend" is used far too often nowadays, but The Beat will always be a true legend to all football supporters in this country and many more around the world.
The Beat on 22:00 - Sep 16 with 760 viewsRyorry

Filling up.

Far too young to go.

R.I.P. The Beat.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024