Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A much better second half display.. 21:43 - Sep 18 with 1014 viewschristiand

But I’m going to stand by my convictions and comments at half time. If there are three worse teams than us come May, I’ll be hugely surprised! We just look what we are a very poor and limited side, missing a huge chasm of Championship quality.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

A much better second half display.. on 21:55 - Sep 18 with 921 viewsgt81

We look like a Burton Albion, not so bad that we're thrashed out of sight every week but not enough quality to win enough games to keep out of trouble.

We effectively need 11 wins from here to stay up but still wonder where that first one is coming from.
A much better second half display.. on 21:56 - Sep 18 with 906 viewsRobTheMonk

Gerken deserves some credit. He's made 2 decent saves at 1-0.
A much better second half display.. on 22:05 - Sep 18 with 825 viewschristiand

A much better second half display.. on 21:55 - Sep 18 by gt81

We look like a Burton Albion, not so bad that we're thrashed out of sight every week but not enough quality to win enough games to keep out of trouble.

We effectively need 11 wins from here to stay up but still wonder where that first one is coming from.

To be fair, Burton Albion played better football and could keep the ball better. We just seem to hoof aimlessly, worse now than we did under MM. What has happened to the promise from the start of the season where we at least tried to play some football? We just looked clueless at times, running around at 100mph and giving the ball away continuously.

A much better second half display.. on 22:08 - Sep 18 with 807 viewsStokieBlue

Once we beat Bolton and Brum you'll feel different.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A much better second half display.. on 22:14 - Sep 18 with 774 viewsgt81

A much better second half display.. on 22:05 - Sep 18 by christiand

To be fair, Burton Albion played better football and could keep the ball better. We just seem to hoof aimlessly, worse now than we did under MM. What has happened to the promise from the start of the season where we at least tried to play some football? We just looked clueless at times, running around at 100mph and giving the ball away continuously.

I know what you mean, but for as good as Burton could be with the ball they were ineffective at both ends of the pitch.

I'm not convinced at this moment in time either that there are 3 teams worse than us, but I still think there's enough raw talent in the team for us to scrape by this season.
A much better second half display.. on 22:16 - Sep 18 with 756 viewsgt81

A much better second half display.. on 22:08 - Sep 18 by StokieBlue

Once we beat Bolton and Brum you'll feel different.

SB

Brum will be a tougher game than Hull was, I've seen them 2 or 3 times on Sky and have no idea how they haven't won those games.

Well actually I do - profligacy in front of goal.
A much better second half display.. on 22:20 - Sep 18 with 734 viewsHorseboy

A much better second half display.. on 22:05 - Sep 18 by christiand

Sorry but pre season means absolutely nothing bar fitness, nothing
A much better second half display.. on 22:22 - Sep 18 with 726 viewschristiand

A much better second half display.. on 22:20 - Sep 18 by Horseboy

Sorry but pre season means absolutely nothing bar fitness, nothing

What?

Login to get fewer ads

A much better second half display.. on 22:27 - Sep 18 with 709 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Efffort, commitment, fitness can't fault. the lack of quality though especially in the final 3rd is glaring.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024