Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? 05:33 - Sep 19 with 5075 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If so, how many and which matches?

I don’t think we have deserved to win any of the 8 tbh.

The Scum game being the closest we’ve come to being deserving of all three imo. But even then, we say back at 1-0 and let them get a foothold and earn the draw.

Of the 8 games so far, for me:
Blackburn - Draw was fair. No way did we deserve to win.
Rotherham - I didn’t go. General consensus was a draw would’ve been fair.
Villa - Draw was fair.
Derby - We were terrible. Showed no intent. Derby deserved winners.
Sheffield Wednesday - I didn’t go. General consensus was that a draw would’ve been fair.
Norwich - Draw was fair. We perhaps shaded it second half but 1-1 was about right imo.
Hull - Compeltely destroyed from start to finish. Deserved to lose by more than just 2.
Brentford - Brentford were clearly the better side.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 05:37 - Sep 19 with 3851 viewssotd78

And all eight games are a work in progress. Factor in bad refereeing decisions and we should have eight points perhaps. It’s fine margins. We’ll be okay provided the fans stay patient.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:27 - Sep 19 with 3800 viewsJohnny_Boy

Have you not seen the Rotherham highlights get? Chance after chance.
We should have won that game - I don't think that is any exaggeration.
We certainly shouldn't have lost.

How on earth we conspired to lose is anyone's guess?!

On a side note. People saying last night's opening 45mins were dreadful? Clearly, those people didn't watch the Hull debacle....of which there is no excuse for.

EDIT:
Clearly BlueAllOver didn't watch the Rotherham or Hull match judging by the posts agreeing with me about the Millers match.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 8:03]
Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:48 - Sep 19 with 3746 viewsITFC_Forever

Rotherham, Norwich, possibly Villa.

And you’re being negative for the sake of it for last night’s game. Brentford were clearly the better side in the first half, we were the better side in the second half.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:55 - Sep 19 with 3724 viewsReuser_is_God

This forum was a lot better without you.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:56 - Sep 19 with 3718 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:48 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

Rotherham, Norwich, possibly Villa.

And you’re being negative for the sake of it for last night’s game. Brentford were clearly the better side in the first half, we were the better side in the second half.

We didn’t deserve to beat Norwich. We were excellent for 20 minutes, but they had more than enough chances for a draw to be very much the fair result

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:56 - Sep 19 with 3715 viewscolonel

Good to see you back on here Rommy.

Rotherham could have been a cricket score, it was that one sided. Should have won that by a 3+ goal margin. Even their fans were saying that it was a smash & grab.

As for the other games, think there’s a couple where with could ha’ rather than should ha’ come away with the points.
Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 07:04 - Sep 19 with 3685 viewsBenters2

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:55 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

Meow 🐱
Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 07:27 - Sep 19 with 3638 viewsleftback

On the other hand.....how many have we deserved to lose??
How often when we won under the previous manager did we think , we really deserved that win?
On the whole over the 8 performances I think we’re slightly unfortunate not to have picked up 3 points somewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 07:32 - Sep 19 with 3623 viewsTractorCam

Rotherham we deserved to win without a doubt, Norwich and Villa argubaly

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 07:44 - Sep 19 with 3586 viewsITFC_Forever

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:56 - Sep 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We didn’t deserve to beat Norwich. We were excellent for 20 minutes, but they had more than enough chances for a draw to be very much the fair result

We had 20 minutes more of a good spell than they did.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 07:47 - Sep 19 with 3575 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 07:44 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

We had 20 minutes more of a good spell than they did.

Not true

Norwich shades the first half, and missed about 3 clear cut chances just before they scored

Draw was a fair result, begrudgingly

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 09:35 - Sep 19 with 3454 viewsLankHenners

Football's not really about 'deserve' as in the vast majority of cases the result is the result because of how the teams have performed on the pitch and in any case one team can play much better than the other but if they don't put the ball in the net and the other team does with the 1 chance they do get then tough luck.

You can make cases that we were unlucky in a couple of matches (the harsh red cards for Edun and Nsiala very possibly stopped us getting more from the games) but in reality in the matches so far we've either not defended well enough or not been clinical enough when we've had chances up front. You say Brentford were clearly better (you seem to be just remembering the first half) but then had Jackson had some composure at the end we could be rejoicing in our first victory of the season.

TL;DR - what happens happens, and that's how it goes.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 09:40 - Sep 19 with 3438 viewsHerbivore

We should have beaten Rotherham, notwithstanding the missed chances we had a stonewall penalty not given in the last 10 minutes at 0-0. Otherwise the games have all been close, bar Hull where we were poor and Derby, although even that was tight until a deflected goal. We haven't dominated a game yet, aside from most of the Rotherham match, but with a bit of luck and/or better finishing we could have won last night, against Norwich, and against Villa. I think in all three though a draw was about right.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 09:48 - Sep 19 with 3409 viewsPJH

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 09:40 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

We should have beaten Rotherham, notwithstanding the missed chances we had a stonewall penalty not given in the last 10 minutes at 0-0. Otherwise the games have all been close, bar Hull where we were poor and Derby, although even that was tight until a deflected goal. We haven't dominated a game yet, aside from most of the Rotherham match, but with a bit of luck and/or better finishing we could have won last night, against Norwich, and against Villa. I think in all three though a draw was about right.

I think we COULD have won most of the games but on the flip side to that we maybe have gained 2 points that we did not deserve because Blackburn should have gone 3-1 ahead and finished that game and last night's first half was like playing against a team three divisions above us.
We should have lost last night's game by half time although the second half performance was good.
Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 09:52 - Sep 19 with 3392 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 09:48 - Sep 19 by PJH

I think we COULD have won most of the games but on the flip side to that we maybe have gained 2 points that we did not deserve because Blackburn should have gone 3-1 ahead and finished that game and last night's first half was like playing against a team three divisions above us.
We should have lost last night's game by half time although the second half performance was good.

Although as poor as we were in the first half last night it's not like Brentford missed a load of sitters. They weren't clinical enough despite getting in lots of good positions and we got enough tackles and blocks in when needed. That gave us the chance to get back in it second half, though ironically Gerken was probably busier second half than he was in the first with them looking a threat on the break.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 10:33 - Sep 19 with 3324 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 06:55 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

I love that I irritate you so much to the extent that you write bitchy comments like that online. Embarrassing.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 11:36 - Sep 19 with 3248 viewstpsontour

I've seen all eight games and I don't think we have deserved to win any. Rotherham away was the only one where I felt confident (for 80mins) that we were the more likely winners but we didn't even score in that so no real complaints. Scraped/spirited home draws and powder puff away defeats to nil has been the story of the season so far
Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 11:37 - Sep 19 with 3242 viewsReuser_is_God

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 10:33 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I love that I irritate you so much to the extent that you write bitchy comments like that online. Embarrassing.

Just stating a fact pal.

Evans out

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:36 - Sep 19 with 3145 viewsmonytowbray

Trying to remember the last time RIG contributed anything other than sarcy LADS M8 BANTZ with people who aren't actually his mates. In fact I don't think he has mates in real life.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 12:37]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:40 - Sep 19 with 3121 viewstextbackup

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:36 - Sep 19 by monytowbray

Trying to remember the last time RIG contributed anything other than sarcy LADS M8 BANTZ with people who aren't actually his mates. In fact I don't think he has mates in real life.

FWIW - I’m his mate, but I probably don’t count as I hang flags in peoples faces

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:43 - Sep 19 with 3104 viewsReuser_is_God

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:36 - Sep 19 by monytowbray

Nah, no mates.

I'm thinking of going vegan as it may well be a way of improving my popularity

Evans out

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:44 - Sep 19 with 3097 viewsmonytowbray

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:40 - Sep 19 by textbackup

FWIW - I’m his mate, but I probably don’t count as I hang flags in peoples faces

Is that a double entendre?

TWTD never forgets…

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:45 - Sep 19 with 3092 viewsmonytowbray

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:43 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

Nah, no mates.

I'm thinking of going vegan as it may well be a way of improving my popularity

My advice was try being less of a d1ckhead towards people who don't know you well enough to understand your BANTZ.

TWTD never forgets…

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:45 - Sep 19 with 3086 viewsSuperblue95

At least he doesn't attempt to be a troll, insulting, controversial or sour in 100% of his posts like you do

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:47 - Sep 19 with 3077 viewsReuser_is_God

Does anyone believe we’ve deserved to win any of the 8 games we’ve played? on 12:45 - Sep 19 by monytowbray

My advice was try being less of a d1ckhead towards people who don't know you well enough to understand your BANTZ.

Thanks for the advice.

However, given that you seem to be one of the most unpopular people on this forum I think I'll pass on taking it up.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024