Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. 15:50 - Sep 24 with 2916 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Donacien 700,000 - WHAT ABOUT JOSH EMMANUEL
Nolan - 1.2m - WHAT ABOUT ANDRE DOZZELL
Kayden Jackson -1.75m (8th top scorer in L2)
Ellis Harrison - 750,000 (16th top scorer in L1)

I think Gwion Edwards and Nsiala have been good permanent signings.

But if you add in 6 loan signings aswell.

Its very clear to see where it has all gone wrong for Hurst.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 15:55 - Sep 24 with 2883 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Donacien looks twice the player of Josh Emmanuel.

Dozzell is injured and not ready. If he was worth risking Hurst would be doing it now.

Jackson has started to look like he could flourish with a partner.

Harrison and Nolan have been awful.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 15:55 - Sep 24 with 2879 viewsFrimleyBlue

Like I've said before, IF any of these players were seen as having huge potential in the 1st team at this level, how have got them for relatively cheap figures with no competition

League 1 and 2, aren't unknown leagues, yet we've gone in, and just picked them up without a fight. Alarm bells for me.

Donacien, Nolan etc all part of a successful side, yet only itfc went in..........

There's a big difference with those above, than a Mings/Cresswell, they were simple punts that paid off really well and went under the radar.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 15:57]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 15:58 - Sep 24 with 2850 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 15:55 - Sep 24 by FrimleyBlue

Like I've said before, IF any of these players were seen as having huge potential in the 1st team at this level, how have got them for relatively cheap figures with no competition

League 1 and 2, aren't unknown leagues, yet we've gone in, and just picked them up without a fight. Alarm bells for me.

Donacien, Nolan etc all part of a successful side, yet only itfc went in..........

There's a big difference with those above, than a Mings/Cresswell, they were simple punts that paid off really well and went under the radar.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 15:57]

So alarm bells are ringing that we got Edwards for cheap when he's since been excellent?

Also, how do you know that only ITFC bid for certain players. Utter speculation. You've ignored Jackson who QPR wanted and Posh thought they'd signed.

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:00 - Sep 24 with 2837 viewsyorkshire

It's almost like the manager didn't have experience in the lower leagues and pick some of the better players that he clearly played up against

It is far too early to be calling these players out - none of them have looked massively out of their depth and to be honest I would say that Donnacien, Nsiala and Nolan have all looked like championship players

I think some (short sighted) fans are far to hung up on where these players come from - if we'd signed them from the Prem teams or abroad then I don't think there would be as much focus on whether they are good enough for the Chamopionship
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:00 - Sep 24 with 2831 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 15:55 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Dozzell is injured and not ready. If he was worth risking Hurst would be doing it now.

Josh Emmanuel is half the player of Donacien. Really? You honestly think Donacien is worth £700,000 more than Josh Emmanuel.

Donacien was in a team promoted from L2.

Emmanuel promoted in a team from L1.

Seems ridiculous to me.

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:01 - Sep 24 with 2821 viewsFrimleyBlue

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 15:58 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

So alarm bells are ringing that we got Edwards for cheap when he's since been excellent?

Also, how do you know that only ITFC bid for certain players. Utter speculation. You've ignored Jackson who QPR wanted and Posh thought they'd signed.

I actually didn't see Edwards name, I like him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:04 - Sep 24 with 2809 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

You could be forgiven for thinking that our approach is to sign a handful of lower league players and hope that 1 or 2 of them have a good season and we can offload them for a tidy profit and spend a percentage of that to strengthen the rest of the squad.

I would say that only really Nolan, Nsiala and Edwards (to an extent) were seen as being 'ready to contribute' the others have certainly been earmarked as projects who it was hoped would provide something this season.

Though, if one of the names mentioned has a good season & is sold for £5m it will probably be seen as a positive.
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:05 - Sep 24 with 2805 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 15:58 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Edwards is a great signing, fully worth 750,000. Nsiala, also I feel worth 700,000.

But the rest for me has been a shocking spending. He acted like a kid in a sweetie shop.

Login to get fewer ads

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:06 - Sep 24 with 2798 viewsCoastalblue

Harrison I'll confess I'm not convinced by, I think the others are all capable of stepping up to be solid championship level performers.

And let's put some perspective on this here, Jackson the most expensive by a degree but still signed for peanuts compared to what a lot sides spend, most sides maybe?

Assuming the players that left were going to go, and accepting we're probably not going to see much of Dozzell this side of Christmas, who would you have bought in as replacements for similar money?

Do you honestly think Emmanuel is going to be a Championship player? What is he now, 21, 22? I'd be surprised to see him make it here or at this level unless he drops down to come back up.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:07 - Sep 24 with 2789 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:00 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Josh Emmanuel is half the player of Donacien. Really? You honestly think Donacien is worth £700,000 more than Josh Emmanuel.

Seems ridiculous to me.

Do you actually watch games?

Did you see Donacien keep Adomah and Grealish quiet at the same time? Did you see him nullify Lawrence? Yes. He's miles better than Josh Emmanuel.

Also I'm not sure that being twice as good as someone means you are worth twice as much!

What you are saying then is that Cole Skuse is better than James Maddison. Because Skuse played for a team that finished higher than Norwich, like Emmanuel finishing above Donacien.

Makes you wonder why Leicester signed him and not Tristan Nydam doesn't it.

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:11 - Sep 24 with 2768 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:07 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Did you see Donacien keep Adomah and Grealish quiet at the same time? Did you see him nullify Lawrence? Yes. He's miles better than Josh Emmanuel.

Also I'm not sure that being twice as good as someone means you are worth twice as much!

What you are saying then is that Cole Skuse is better than James Maddison. Because Skuse played for a team that finished higher than Norwich, like Emmanuel finishing above Donacien.

That argument is nonsensical. Ive never once said he isn't a good player btw. But not worth spending 750,000 when we have a good academy right back at the club. Money should have been spent elsewhere, simple as that really.

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:13 - Sep 24 with 2753 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:11 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

That argument is nonsensical. Ive never once said he isn't a good player btw. But not worth spending 750,000 when we have a good academy right back at the club. Money should have been spent elsewhere, simple as that really.

A good academy right back that neither Mick nor Hurst thought was good enough.

Such a good player that no other Championship club came in to loan him when it was obvious we were not going to be using him?

He's so good that Shrewsbury were the height of teams queing up to take him. You don't think we need better?

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:23 - Sep 24 with 2725 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 15:55 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Donacien maybe better than JE, but Emmanuel is far better than Spence therefore should be right back cover at least if not pushing for a place seeing as Donacien has 'visa'issues.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:24 - Sep 24 with 2713 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:13 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

A good academy right back that neither Mick nor Hurst thought was good enough.

Such a good player that no other Championship club came in to loan him when it was obvious we were not going to be using him?

He's so good that Shrewsbury were the height of teams queing up to take him. You don't think we need better?

A really good academy right back. But neither Mick or Hurst has faith in youth. Thats the underlying problem.

If Warburton had been here at the start of the summer. Emmanuel would be the number 1 right now.

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:25 - Sep 24 with 2706 viewsReuser_is_God

Some of the signings have shown promise & others haven’t - that was always going to be the case when signing the number we did.

The biggest issue is that we can’t get any of them into anything like a cohesive eam.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:28 - Sep 24 with 2679 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:06 - Sep 24 by Coastalblue

Harrison I'll confess I'm not convinced by, I think the others are all capable of stepping up to be solid championship level performers.

And let's put some perspective on this here, Jackson the most expensive by a degree but still signed for peanuts compared to what a lot sides spend, most sides maybe?

Assuming the players that left were going to go, and accepting we're probably not going to see much of Dozzell this side of Christmas, who would you have bought in as replacements for similar money?

Do you honestly think Emmanuel is going to be a Championship player? What is he now, 21, 22? I'd be surprised to see him make it here or at this level unless he drops down to come back up.

would help if he was given a chance!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:42 - Sep 24 with 2625 viewsHarry_Palmer

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:07 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I think you are overrating Donacien's performances somewhat to be honest.

He has been largely solid defensively but no more that that. In fact he was horribly exposed a couple of times by Brentford last week although that was partly down to Hurst for stupidly playing him at left wing back.

"Did you see Donacien keep Adomah and Grealish quiet at the same time?"

I think that is stretching it a bit as well, I'll give you Adomah but nobody in a blue shirt got near Grealish that night, who was a class apart.

He also doesn't offer a great deal going forward and is a bit hit and miss with his passing.

Is he better than Emmanuel at this moment in time? Probably, but I don't think there is that much between them so the OP makes a reasonable point.
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:43 - Sep 24 with 2623 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:24 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

A really good academy right back. But neither Mick or Hurst has faith in youth. Thats the underlying problem.

If Warburton had been here at the start of the summer. Emmanuel would be the number 1 right now.

No he wouldn't, because neither he nor Kenlock are or will be above League 1/bottom level Championship football.

If they weren't academy graduates, nobody would rate them even half as much as they do.
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:46 - Sep 24 with 2601 viewsjudespiveyg

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:43 - Sep 24 by No_Moore_Kieffer

No he wouldn't, because neither he nor Kenlock are or will be above League 1/bottom level Championship football.

If they weren't academy graduates, nobody would rate them even half as much as they do.

But having been an integral part of a Rotherham side that won promotion, would it not have made sense to at least give him a chance to prove if he was good enough.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:56 - Sep 24 with 2555 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:46 - Sep 24 by judespiveyg

But having been an integral part of a Rotherham side that won promotion, would it not have made sense to at least give him a chance to prove if he was good enough.

Firstly, even Paul Warne wasn't totally convinced on his defensive abilities at the end of last season. Okay for League 1, but at 21/22 those basics shouldn't still be worrying managers.

And secondly, he did get a chance in pre-season, but he wasn't really impressive when he played and Donacien is a much better player.
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 17:32 - Sep 24 with 2445 viewsBueller

Have to agree on Dozzell, the rate at which PH is using players you would have thought he would get a run out if ready.

Nolan just does not cut it for me either, think he looks out of his depth the games I have watched.
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 17:34 - Sep 24 with 2437 viewsstrikalite

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:23 - Sep 24 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Donacien maybe better than JE, but Emmanuel is far better than Spence therefore should be right back cover at least if not pushing for a place seeing as Donacien has 'visa'issues.

But young Josh came through our academy hence he's only allowed to make one mistake to five of a more experienced Spence...
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 18:37 - Sep 24 with 2338 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:00 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Seems ridiculous to me.

wasn't Josh young players of the year?
Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 18:53 - Sep 24 with 2304 viewsflimflam

Signings - did we really need to spend so much money. on 16:11 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Donacian is quality.

JE isnt yet, might be but not yet.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024