Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford lose their manager to Villa 22:05 - Oct 10 with 2657 viewsIllinoisblue

be interesting to see what happens to the Bees now

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 22:06 - Oct 10 with 2637 viewsSwansea_Blue

Really? I bet that stung.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 22:28 - Oct 10 with 2523 viewsFreddy

I see Villa have gone down thd route of a sporting director & head coach too
Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 22:30 - Oct 10 with 2520 viewsjudespiveyg

They'll do well to find as good a manager as him. Think they'll turn to another lower league manager again, worked well enough with Smith.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 07:32 - Oct 11 with 2179 viewsITFC_Forever

They’ll carry on as they have been doing.... Brentford are a club where the manager is just one component of their successful model and not the only critical part, similar to Swansea to much of the last 10-15 years (although I know they lost their way slightly in the last couple of years). Unlike us.

Warburton left and the carried on regardless, they will again now.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 7:33]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 07:54 - Oct 11 with 2129 viewsBluebell

Mick McCarthy is available!
Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 08:05 - Oct 11 with 2086 viewsSteve_M

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 07:32 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

They’ll carry on as they have been doing.... Brentford are a club where the manager is just one component of their successful model and not the only critical part, similar to Swansea to much of the last 10-15 years (although I know they lost their way slightly in the last couple of years). Unlike us.

Yes, more chance of them continuing to prosper than Smith being a success at Villa. Unless they implement a proper structure, which takes time, it will be a bit like when Brendan Rodgers went to Liverpool. A very good coach but people assumed he was the whole reason for the success.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 09:44 - Oct 11 with 1959 viewsMattinLondon

You could argue that the appointment of PH is a continuation of the model implemented since MM albeit slightly more attractive football.
Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 09:45 - Oct 11 with 1951 viewsSwansea_Blue

You would expect so. They appear to have a clear view of where they want to go and make good decisions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 09:47 - Oct 11 with 1943 viewschicoazul

That's a good, bold appointment, much like the one we made with Hurst. Brentford play mint football so much as I loathe Villa I hope it works out for him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 10:01 - Oct 11 with 1910 viewsWeWereZombies

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 22:06 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

Really? I bet that stung.

Yeah, but the TWTD hive mind seems to feel they will just bumble on as usual.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 10:03 - Oct 11 with 1905 viewsTractorJack

Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 09:44 - Oct 11 by MattinLondon

You could argue that the appointment of PH is a continuation of the model implemented since MM albeit slightly more attractive football.

Compared to Brentford, our model is pick a manager, sit back and hope for the best.
Brentford lose their manager to Villa on 11:56 - Oct 11 with 1787 viewsbrightlingseabee

It will be Thomas Frank our assistant head coach who joined us in Dec 16 for when exactly this situation came up, i believe previously managed Brondby for 3 years.

Would be amazed if it's anyone else.

'Re Dean Smith, can understand why he's gone for it what with it being his boyhood club and all that and although he was good for us we gave him plenty of time including one run of ten defeats in thirteen or so games, can't somehow see Villa having that kind of patience
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024