Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
China not backing down on the Uighurs 16:34 - Oct 10 with 978 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-45812419

"Xinjiang says the camps will tackle extremism through "ideological transformation.

Rights groups say detainees are made to swear loyalty to President Xi Jinping and criticise or renounce their faith."

They have now enshrined human rights abuse into law. Unfortunately being China they can pretty much do what they want.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 16:44 - Oct 10 with 956 viewsGlasgowBlue

Disgusting! Over one million Uighurs held in prison camps. I wonder when our politicians will devote time to debate and condemn this?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 08:33 - Oct 11 with 845 viewsStokieBlue

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 16:44 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

Disgusting! Over one million Uighurs held in prison camps. I wonder when our politicians will devote time to debate and condemn this?

Never of course.

Far more important to get a favourable trading terms with China after Brexit. Of course that won't happen either.

SB

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 14:07 - Oct 11 with 788 viewsNo9

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 08:33 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

Never of course.

Far more important to get a favourable trading terms with China after Brexit. Of course that won't happen either.

SB

I read the WTO & EU are meeting in China this month to discuss the Trump / China trade war.
I also note a number of countries have told the WTO to get its house in order over the way in which China breaches the trading rules.
Trump wants the WTO knocked on the head

I doubt that human rights will be top of the agenda & have not seem where America has mentioned them either
China not backing down on the Uighurs on 14:09 - Oct 11 with 784 viewsfooters

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 14:07 - Oct 11 by No9

I read the WTO & EU are meeting in China this month to discuss the Trump / China trade war.
I also note a number of countries have told the WTO to get its house in order over the way in which China breaches the trading rules.

I doubt that human rights will be top of the agenda & have not seem where America has mentioned them either

One big-brained bloke in America has the answer...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 14:15 - Oct 11 with 766 viewsStokieBlue

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 14:07 - Oct 11 by No9

Trump has a valid point in this dispute (as you've highlighted), he just goes about things in the wrong way.

SB

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 14:31 - Oct 11 with 730 viewsNo9

China not backing down on the Uighurs on 14:15 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

Trump has a valid point in this dispute (as you've highlighted), he just goes about things in the wrong way.

SB

trump goes about it the wrong way is an understatement.
But it was people like Mitt Romney who sold out the American people was it not?

It was interesting that the EU hosted the WTO a couple of weeks back which leads to this meeting in China.
It is necessary to stop companies importing crap from China and necessary to stop them bypassing WTO rules.

Another good thing would be for the EU to commence a programme of not relying on America. Using the WTO to enforce rule on trade is a good thing, starting trade wars because of the state your predecessors left your homeland is not necessarily a good idea, in the long term at least
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024