Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house 16:53 - Oct 10 with 4303 viewsgiant_stow

Don't.

It's horrible, incredibly slow, every bit of me hurts and I ran out of paint despite thinking we had over-bought.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 16:58 - Oct 10 with 4278 viewsclive_baker

Does it look alright though?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 16:59 - Oct 10 with 4277 viewsgiant_stow

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 16:58 - Oct 10 by clive_baker

Does it look alright though?

it looks a little bit better, or it will do when the new paint's delivered on - its a bit stripey right now. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I hate pebbledash.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:01 - Oct 10 with 4275 viewsFreddies_Ears

Oh you poor so and so. My dad took that job on one summer in the mid-70s, applying the thick, cement-based Sandtex by brush. It was a vast job, but it looked amazing afterwards, and lasted decades.
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:07 - Oct 10 with 4248 viewsgiant_stow

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:01 - Oct 10 by Freddies_Ears

Oh you poor so and so. My dad took that job on one summer in the mid-70s, applying the thick, cement-based Sandtex by brush. It was a vast job, but it looked amazing afterwards, and lasted decades.

Thanks mr... good to hear it's worth it - needed to hear that!

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:07 - Oct 10 with 4243 viewsmos

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 16:59 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

it looks a little bit better, or it will do when the new paint's delivered on - its a bit stripey right now. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I hate pebbledash.

It looks horrible IMO.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:10 - Oct 10 with 4245 viewsclive_baker

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 16:59 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

Keep thinking of the end goal, I'm sure it'll look ace when it's finished.

I painted my place over the summer and that's not pebble dash and it was enough of a ball ache. Something about painting the exterior I just don't like. I'm alright with the inside.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:23 - Oct 10 with 4210 viewsjontysnut

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:07 - Oct 10 by mos

It looks horrible IMO.

don't get me started on artex ceilings
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:25 - Oct 10 with 4194 viewsGlasgowBlue

What colour did you run out of? Yellow or Green?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:26 - Oct 10 with 4200 viewsDubtractor

I have a pebbledash house.

I refused to paint it when Mrs Dub suggested it for the very reasons that you are now realising.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:52 - Oct 10 with 4162 viewshoppy

I guess it's understandable if you've been a little heavy handed... for obvious reasons...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 18:07 - Oct 10 with 4145 viewsBluespeed225

Did you use a spray gun? mask up the windows well and blast away!
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 18:10 - Oct 10 with 4141 viewsWestover

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:25 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

What colour did you run out of? Yellow or Green?

Or both?😂
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 18:11 - Oct 10 with 4144 viewsrapier

I am about 90% thru doing my 1930's semi using an extra long pile captain chunk roller on a pole and a 4" brush, tbh I was thinking it would take longer.... but yes it is painful, you do learn how to stab tho!!
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 19:13 - Oct 10 with 4052 viewsGuthrum

It will take a LOT of paint. Depending upon the degree of "knobbliness", you could use an extra long pile roller (on a long pole to reach the height of the wall).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 19:28 - Oct 10 with 4018 viewsVic

It’s a horrible job at the best of times. But when you’re all fingers and thumbs it must be a nightmare.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 20:04 - Oct 10 with 3978 viewscatch74

Didn’t you us the pebbke dash roller, the one with the dimples, halves the time.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 20:43 - Oct 10 with 3931 viewsBent_double

Is pebbledash like, or the same as sprayed-on concrete? I've got that on the end of my place, it's crying out to be painted but a painter once told me not to attempt it without loads of time and loads more paint than you would think it would take.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 21:20 - Oct 10 with 3893 viewsgiant_stow

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 18:11 - Oct 10 by rapier

I am about 90% thru doing my 1930's semi using an extra long pile captain chunk roller on a pole and a 4" brush, tbh I was thinking it would take longer.... but yes it is painful, you do learn how to stab tho!!

Yes, indeed I've learnt how to stab!

I had a longish roller, but that seemed less good than the big masonry brush thingy, not that that was much good. On guther's knobbly scale it's big and rough!

Anyway thanks all and if you're wondering about doing it to yours, be warned!

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 11:17 - Oct 11 with 3766 viewsbritbiker

As a decorator by trade I can confirm pebbldash is a royal pain. Days and days of constant jabbing with a brush. The heavier pebbldash barely gets touched even with thick rollers. It still leaves loads of air pockets. There are loads in Cambridge which look like someone has glued rocks to the brickwork plus they are black from car fumes.

A mate and I took on a joint 6 week job a while ago (his client not mine). We knew it would be all brushwork off of ladders. The day we started his back gave way and I had to do the whole job by myself within a 3 week period.

I had a right arm and calves like popeye's when I finished. Still haven't forgiven him.
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 11:36 - Oct 11 with 3746 viewsgiant_stow

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 11:17 - Oct 11 by britbiker

As a decorator by trade I can confirm pebbldash is a royal pain. Days and days of constant jabbing with a brush. The heavier pebbldash barely gets touched even with thick rollers. It still leaves loads of air pockets. There are loads in Cambridge which look like someone has glued rocks to the brickwork plus they are black from car fumes.

A mate and I took on a joint 6 week job a while ago (his client not mine). We knew it would be all brushwork off of ladders. The day we started his back gave way and I had to do the whole job by myself within a 3 week period.

I had a right arm and calves like popeye's when I finished. Still haven't forgiven him.

blimey!! 3 weeks of doing that... I believe you about Popeye arms!

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 11:40 - Oct 11 with 3740 viewsbritbiker

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 11:36 - Oct 11 by giant_stow

blimey!! 3 weeks of doing that... I believe you about Popeye arms!

I still get a twitch in my eye when I think of it.
At least the client appreciated it. And my mate did have a genuine injury as he has given up ladder work now.
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 12:23 - Oct 11 with 3706 viewsNo9

Team up with Britbiker
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:15 - Oct 11 with 3601 viewsbritbiker

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 12:23 - Oct 11 by No9

Team up with Britbiker

Eye starts to twitch uncontrollably.
a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 17:38 - Oct 11 with 3579 viewsgiant_stow

a little tip for anyone tempted to paint a pebbledashed house on 12:23 - Oct 11 by No9

Team up with Britbiker

That was gonna be my follow up tip: if you can afford a pro, do it. Sadly, I can't so Britbiker's arms are safe!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024