Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So far 17:23 - Oct 20 with 4827 viewsfactual_blue

Getting rid of Mr McCarthy seems to have worked well.

#topworknumbskulls

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So far on 17:24 - Oct 20 with 3541 viewsmrshallisfit

Yep. But you could see all this from a mile off.
So far on 17:27 - Oct 20 with 3515 viewsBackToRussia

Hate to break this to you but it was Marcus Evans who sacked ME and appointed PH.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So far on 17:28 - Oct 20 with 3505 viewsHerbivore

Look on the bright side........................I don't know how to finish that sentence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So far on 17:32 - Oct 20 with 3481 viewsTheBoyBlue

McCarthy going was absolutely the right decision. I'm still hanging on to giving Hurst time, but Jack Ross was always my first choice and I wish that he had been Evans' first choice and that he threw everything at getting him.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

So far on 17:54 - Oct 20 with 3418 viewsRegencyBlue

Getting rid of MM, was the right decision.

The appointment of his replacement clearly hasn’t been!

Two completely different things.
So far on 17:56 - Oct 20 with 3404 viewspointofblue

So far on 17:54 - Oct 20 by RegencyBlue

Getting rid of MM, was the right decision.

The appointment of his replacement clearly hasn’t been!

Two completely different things.

I agree, for all the good he did here McCarthy's time was up - the relationship between him and the fans was unsalvageable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So far on 17:58 - Oct 20 with 3397 viewsTrequartista

Only a numbskull would think that the decision to remove the manager and the decision to appoint the next one were the same decision.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So far on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 3372 viewsMoriarty

So far on 17:27 - Oct 20 by BackToRussia

Hate to break this to you but it was Marcus Evans who sacked ME and appointed PH.

Hate to break it to you but Mick left after Barnsley - abuse from fans, some of it quite disgusting. ME did say subsequent that Mick’s contract wasn’t to be renewed.

You were defending PH this time last week, so presumably you were of the view ME had made the Right appointment?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 18:02]

fka omuircheartaigh

Login to get fewer ads

So far on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 3369 viewsLord_Lucan

So far on 17:32 - Oct 20 by TheBoyBlue

McCarthy going was absolutely the right decision. I'm still hanging on to giving Hurst time, but Jack Ross was always my first choice and I wish that he had been Evans' first choice and that he threw everything at getting him.

Jack Ross became first choice but ME dithered.

I don’t know how Hurst is still here to be honest but he won’t be here for many more days.

I’m not anti ME by any means but he has really screwed up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So far on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 3352 viewstrncbluearmy

So far on 18:00 - Oct 20 by Lord_Lucan

Jack Ross became first choice but ME dithered.

I don’t know how Hurst is still here to be honest but he won’t be here for many more days.

I’m not anti ME by any means but he has really screwed up.

Again
So far on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 3354 viewsMullet

So far on 17:58 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

Only a numbskull would think that the decision to remove the manager and the decision to appoint the next one were the same decision.

How are they not directly linked though? Are you seriously going to tell us that had Hurst been a success then people wouldn't be trumpeting their vindication?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So far on 18:03 - Oct 20 with 3340 viewsupthewallpaul

Getting rid of McCarthy was the right choice. I'm not convinced he would have done much better if he'd lost the players we have.

Employing Hurst,and keeping him once it was clear he was a mistake, wasn't.
So far on 18:05 - Oct 20 with 3307 viewsReuser_is_God

Getting rid of Mick McCarthy was the correct decision.

Appointing Paul Hurst was not the correct decision.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So far on 18:06 - Oct 20 with 3299 viewsBlueAllOver

So far on 18:03 - Oct 20 by upthewallpaul

Getting rid of McCarthy was the right choice. I'm not convinced he would have done much better if he'd lost the players we have.

He wouldn't have lost all the players.
So far on 18:06 - Oct 20 with 3298 viewspointofblue

McCarthy would have brought in differently if he'd still been here - he'd have looked for Championship proven players on the free market, loanees and bringing our youngsters through (despite criticism he did this quite a bit). I can't believe for a moment he would have taken a gamble of League One players making the step up.

I'm still not sure if we would have lost Webster or Garner had he stayed. Waghorn, for that money, maybe.

So far on 18:07 - Oct 20 with 3294 viewsLord_Lucan

What a fantastic username.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So far on 18:07 - Oct 20 with 3293 viewsBackToRussia

So far on 18:00 - Oct 20 by Moriarty

Hate to break it to you but Mick left after Barnsley - abuse from fans, some of it quite disgusting. ME did say subsequent that Mick’s contract wasn’t to be renewed.

You were defending PH this time last week, so presumably you were of the view ME had made the Right appointment?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 18:02]

And it had already been decided by then, clearly. You're an odd one.

Hurst was a good appointment prima facie, but Evans has handled everything else since then terribly as an an owner. Add that onto the past 10 years and yeah, Evans out.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So far on 18:08 - Oct 20 with 3279 viewsStokieBlue

As divisive and helpful as all your posts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So far on 18:09 - Oct 20 with 3258 viewsjudespiveyg

It was the right decision, we'd have sold 6000 season tickets (being generous).
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 18:10]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

So far on 18:15 - Oct 20 with 3217 viewsfactual_blue

So far on 17:58 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Other pointless and tortuously elastic exercises in doublethink are available.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So far on 18:18 - Oct 20 with 3195 viewsTrequartista

So far on 18:02 - Oct 20 by Mullet

How are they not directly linked though? Are you seriously going to tell us that had Hurst been a success then people wouldn't be trumpeting their vindication?

No-one who wanted a change of manager asked for a new man who would totally misjudge the strength of the championship and bring in a bunch of hopelessly out of their depth league one players. Having said that, you have a point with your second question.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So far on 18:21 - Oct 20 with 3175 viewsupthewallpaul

So far on 18:06 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

McCarthy would have brought in differently if he'd still been here - he'd have looked for Championship proven players on the free market, loanees and bringing our youngsters through (despite criticism he did this quite a bit). I can't believe for a moment he would have taken a gamble of League One players making the step up.

I'm still not sure if we would have lost Webster or Garner had he stayed. Waghorn, for that money, maybe.

You're assuming he had like for like wages available to spend. I would hope these L1/2 players are on a lot less than the likes of McG, Waghorn, Celina, etc which is probably a big factor in us signing them.

Not defending Hurst BTW as clearly he didn't buy wisely just don't think MM would have reversed the downward trend either.
So far on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 3173 viewsMullet

So far on 18:18 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

No-one who wanted a change of manager asked for a new man who would totally misjudge the strength of the championship and bring in a bunch of hopelessly out of their depth league one players. Having said that, you have a point with your second question.

But that's not proof of them not being the same decision. Of course no one wanted this, but many insisted Mick was the problem and all would change when he was gone. They were told that might be wrong, and so they are.

The last thing we need right now is them to slink off, or lead another hate campaign. We need everyone fighting for everything and ensure ITFC don;t go down. Because under Evans that's our common trajectory, and we risk the best case scenario is us becoming a dreary yoyo club.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So far on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 3168 viewsupthewallpaul

So far on 18:07 - Oct 20 by Lord_Lucan

What a fantastic username.

Thanks!
So far on 18:25 - Oct 20 with 3141 viewspointofblue

So far on 18:21 - Oct 20 by upthewallpaul

You're assuming he had like for like wages available to spend. I would hope these L1/2 players are on a lot less than the likes of McG, Waghorn, Celina, etc which is probably a big factor in us signing them.

Not defending Hurst BTW as clearly he didn't buy wisely just don't think MM would have reversed the downward trend either.

I think Mick would have got exactly the same amount of money as Hurst but he would have brought fewer players in and used the academy (in particular Nydam and Downes, possibly Emmanuel, Cotter and Woolfenden too) more to cover the caps.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024