Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway 08:12 - Oct 21 with 1362 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Holloway on 08:13 - Oct 21 with 1355 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Really????
Holloway on 08:13 - Oct 21 with 1355 viewsgroovyASH

Holloway would be awful given our current position.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Holloway on 08:14 - Oct 21 with 1351 viewsDanTheMan

Passion has never been our problem.

It's playing ability and resources. McCarthy painted over the cracks because he was good at getting points out of so little.

Can't see Holloway solving much. Very much doubt Bruce would come here. If anyone, I imagine it would be Warburton. We've got to do something, we're sleep sprinting towards relegation.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Holloway on 08:52 - Oct 21 with 1263 viewsITFC_Forever

No.

He’s a dreadful manager. One good spell at blackpool, coupled with dozens of poor ones everywhere else.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Holloway on 08:57 - Oct 21 with 1239 viewsshamboy

No manager will come without the availability of funds to bring in three of their own players to turn things around. That is Evans' biggest problem.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 8:58]
Holloway on 08:59 - Oct 21 with 1227 viewswkj

Honestly? I think no manager can do it on management alone. When MM was here we stood a slight chance of play-offs, now if I had a manager come in and aim for mid table I would think he was shooting for the moon.

I don't like being one to spend Evans' money, Evans doesn't like being one to spend Evans' money either- but its clear he's got no clue at all how to strengthen a football team, and money aside, we need someone who knows football, or knows people who knows football.

Holloway would just be another casualty if the current structure remained the same.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Holloway on 09:02 - Oct 21 with 1216 viewscarlisleaway

Holloway on 08:59 - Oct 21 by wkj

Honestly? I think no manager can do it on management alone. When MM was here we stood a slight chance of play-offs, now if I had a manager come in and aim for mid table I would think he was shooting for the moon.

I don't like being one to spend Evans' money, Evans doesn't like being one to spend Evans' money either- but its clear he's got no clue at all how to strengthen a football team, and money aside, we need someone who knows football, or knows people who knows football.

Holloway would just be another casualty if the current structure remained the same.

Warburton is a good shout but think he would struggle with the players available, unless he brings the players we have out on loan back
Holloway on 09:49 - Oct 21 with 1126 viewsGuthrum

Holloway on 09:02 - Oct 21 by carlisleaway

Warburton is a good shout but think he would struggle with the players available, unless he brings the players we have out on loan back

I don't think bringing back the youth would make any difference. It's not like they're definitely so much better than who we're currently using (see the results last season when we fielded significant numbers of them).

For me, the key thing we need is sombody with strong organisational skills and the ability to motivate players. Somebody like McCarthy was when he first arrived (but not him specifically, he's never coming back). A manager who can pick the team up by the scruff of its neck, get them into shape, then fill them with enthusiasm for the battle and confidence that they can succeed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway on 10:09 - Oct 21 with 1087 viewsBryanPlug

Holloway on 09:49 - Oct 21 by Guthrum

I don't think bringing back the youth would make any difference. It's not like they're definitely so much better than who we're currently using (see the results last season when we fielded significant numbers of them).

For me, the key thing we need is sombody with strong organisational skills and the ability to motivate players. Somebody like McCarthy was when he first arrived (but not him specifically, he's never coming back). A manager who can pick the team up by the scruff of its neck, get them into shape, then fill them with enthusiasm for the battle and confidence that they can succeed.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024