Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. 11:01 - Oct 26 with 2239 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Fans from opposition clubs piping up telling us we should've been careful what we wished for? Don't even get me started on Chris Sutton...

Watford fans who had 9 managers in the time we had MM
Leeds fans who had 10 managers in the time we had MM

They're okay to change manager 10 times in 6 years, but as soon as we wanted a change at the club for the first time in 6 years we are completely wrong? Don't understand the love in the game for MM? yes he done a good job? but he's still without a job for a reason.

Yes the gamble has massively failed but gamble we needed to take.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 11:03 - Oct 26 with 2222 viewsJ2BLUE

Meh who cares? They'll pipe down now it's over.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 11:06 - Oct 26 with 2205 viewsMullet

Both have got massively slated for various changes and Leeds especially for how they are run.

We don't change managers much so being the media talking point of the day doesn't seem to sit well with some fans, but sacking Mick and the manner of how it came about was always going to attract attention.

I think the overprotesting only belies the fact that some of the more entitled and stayaways who stirred it up were made to look silly pretty quickly by Hurst's ineptitude. There was a lot of overcompensation too in the reaction to it.

Mick could never stay, but actually where these media heads are going wrong is saying he'll be laughing at us now. That shows fundamentally they don't understand the man or the scenario at all. Let alone the common denominator of Evans' investment and tenure.

Whatever people say, the behaviour of those fans abusing him was utterly wrong, and tarnished us all in the eyes of the wider football world. Hence the friction when "BCWYWF" comes back around.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 11:09 - Oct 26 with 2175 viewsPJH

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 11:06 - Oct 26 by Mullet

Both have got massively slated for various changes and Leeds especially for how they are run.

We don't change managers much so being the media talking point of the day doesn't seem to sit well with some fans, but sacking Mick and the manner of how it came about was always going to attract attention.

I think the overprotesting only belies the fact that some of the more entitled and stayaways who stirred it up were made to look silly pretty quickly by Hurst's ineptitude. There was a lot of overcompensation too in the reaction to it.

Mick could never stay, but actually where these media heads are going wrong is saying he'll be laughing at us now. That shows fundamentally they don't understand the man or the scenario at all. Let alone the common denominator of Evans' investment and tenure.

Whatever people say, the behaviour of those fans abusing him was utterly wrong, and tarnished us all in the eyes of the wider football world. Hence the friction when "BCWYWF" comes back around.

Great post Mr Mullet.
Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 11:10 - Oct 26 with 2160 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yeah, because no ones ever made a mockery of Leeds sacking yet another manager...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 11:14 - Oct 26 with 2135 viewsElephantintheRoom

You dont understand that a once admired club is now a laughing stock owned (allegedly) by an offshore spiv? And that the much hyped manager who was so wonderful 3 months ago is cut loose in 3 months? And that another old gravy train rider is swanning through the door looking forward to his pay out? Amd that the loathsome spiv apparently thinks Holloway is management material? Be careful what you wish for - Lambert is only here for the pay off and who can guess what will be next through the revolving door.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 11:20 - Oct 26 with 2106 viewsBluearmy71

Don't get me started on those sort of people, what I wish for is to see my team playing well, they were not under MM, as it turned out which none of us could have predicted (that's why he was appointed in the first place) it didn't happen under Hurst either.

It has not one bloody thing to do with being careful about wishes and everything to do with the betterment of our team, so let hope the new manager can make us better than the last few seasons!
Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 12:42 - Oct 26 with 2000 viewsCurrie10

Well I would say it's glaringly obvious why people are being like this.

To any outsider looking in, I've got many friends like this, everyone outside the club thought Mick did a superb job with us. Given the budget, he did.

The style of play was rubbish, but it's not rugby / diving / or ice skating. You get 3 points for a win irrespective of how you go about it.

WE may feel we needed to take a gamble - I'm very much of the opinion that it would have been far harder for someone to come in and out perform Mick and we'll see what happens the next 10 / 15 / 20 years and see the proof of the pudding.

Really not remotely surprised by people laughing their heads off right now. Hurts, but not surprised. I'd be the same if the situation was similar.
Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 13:13 - Oct 26 with 1939 viewsBadgerBajner

The thing is, we have been a team going nowhere for a few seasons, so nobody has paid much attention to us. A team not threatening promotion or flirting with relegation is not newsworthy. As soon as it was mentioned MM was off, all the "experts" like Darren Gough pop up saying bcwywf. People who had not looked at us for 2 or 3 years. Yes MM did a good job of keeping us up on a tight/non existent budget, but that's half the story. The football was terrible and the relationship between fans and manager had broken down, MM had to go.

What this debacle demonstrates, is that ME is not fit to run a football club (properly). That is the real story, not the fans forcing MM out. It was clear all last season that there was a strong possibility MM could go. It was confirmed well before the end of the season. ME had plenty of time to be looking at suitable replacements and then lining 1 up. It was always going to be difficult after MM, so we needed somebody in sooner rather than later. If PH was always the main target from early on, but was held up due to Shrewsbury play offs, to then sack him after 15 games, is ME admitting how terribly wrong he got it. 1 more terrible decision to add to his list since becoming owner.

And now for Lambert. A man who could not handle a small budget afforded him at Villa. Who resorted to anti football in his attempt to keep them in the Premiership. Who did nothing to rescue Stoke.

At least with PH I had some hope for the future, even if it was in League 1.
Login to get fewer ads

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 13:29 - Oct 26 with 1887 viewsParsley

The most frustrating thing for me is that when McCarthy inevitably ends up at another club he'll be saying in his interviews about how things went wrong at Ipswich after he left.
Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 16:57 - Oct 26 with 1739 viewsSwn98

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 13:13 - Oct 26 by BadgerBajner

The thing is, we have been a team going nowhere for a few seasons, so nobody has paid much attention to us. A team not threatening promotion or flirting with relegation is not newsworthy. As soon as it was mentioned MM was off, all the "experts" like Darren Gough pop up saying bcwywf. People who had not looked at us for 2 or 3 years. Yes MM did a good job of keeping us up on a tight/non existent budget, but that's half the story. The football was terrible and the relationship between fans and manager had broken down, MM had to go.

What this debacle demonstrates, is that ME is not fit to run a football club (properly). That is the real story, not the fans forcing MM out. It was clear all last season that there was a strong possibility MM could go. It was confirmed well before the end of the season. ME had plenty of time to be looking at suitable replacements and then lining 1 up. It was always going to be difficult after MM, so we needed somebody in sooner rather than later. If PH was always the main target from early on, but was held up due to Shrewsbury play offs, to then sack him after 15 games, is ME admitting how terribly wrong he got it. 1 more terrible decision to add to his list since becoming owner.

And now for Lambert. A man who could not handle a small budget afforded him at Villa. Who resorted to anti football in his attempt to keep them in the Premiership. Who did nothing to rescue Stoke.

At least with PH I had some hope for the future, even if it was in League 1.

I had hope for the future under MM there was always hope under him he could always pull out a gem in transfers and loans then a section of the fans turned started the snowball rolling and the clubs in the position its in now.
I wish PL the best of luck by God he needs it.
If he had inherited the squad PH inherited we could of been in a different position.
Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 17:17 - Oct 26 with 1694 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 13:29 - Oct 26 by Parsley

The most frustrating thing for me is that when McCarthy inevitably ends up at another club he'll be saying in his interviews about how things went wrong at Ipswich after he left.

Like he does about wolves

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Don't understand this whole on 17:19 - Oct 26 with 1685 viewsswede

I am so sick of this "be careful what you wish for" nonsense.

Apart from a couple of years we have had 18 years of mid table mediocrity and five years of solid, but dull as ditchwater, football under MM. Why shouldn't we wish for, dream of, aspire to something better? Should we really have to settle for more of the same year after year?

Huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Watford, Palace, Fulham etc, etc, all dared to dream and wish for something better and now they have it.

Yes, it hasn't worked with Paul Hurst and we all regret that, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I have seen the glory days and will keep on wishing, hoping, dreaming that one day we will compete at the highest level again.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 18:59]
Don't understand this whole "Be careful what you wish for" Brigade. on 17:42 - Oct 26 with 1635 viewshenryblue

Everybody loves Mick until they find out their club are about to hire him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024