Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We don't need a Mick type replacement - yet 11:16 - Oct 25 with 502 viewsFrimleyBlue

IMO, because at present we are on similar points to those around us, we can afford to bring in someone who can be a bit more relaxed than when Mick came in. He literally had no choice but to get us winning straight away, there was no time for any form of failure.

At present though, we make a chance today for example, bring someone in tomorrow, even if the next 3 games were lost,, plenty of games for the new manager to then start bringing in the points.

But if we leave it another 3-4 games to get rid of hurst, the new manager can't then afford to have 3/4 games to bed his own style etc into the current squad

Timing is everything. Evans has to act now, or he may as well stick with hurst and start selling season tickets for league 1

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We don't need a Mick type replacement - yet on 11:23 - Oct 25 with 479 viewsbadadski

Style is irrelevant, it's the players at his disposal that will be the problem . We have players that can't step up the to way Hurst wanted to play.

like he said when he first came, he was shocked by the level and ability of some of the players and I'm guessing it was in regards to just the basics of playing simple passes, ball retention etc.

He is now stuck with having to play these players as we have no alternatives i.e. Chambers at centre back was found out as a failure years ago by forest hence we have him but first opportunity to move him to right back it was made by mick. Infact I don't rate any of our defenders of being capable of doing what Hurst wants even the ones he brought in which is ironic.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 11:25]
We don't need a Mick type replacement - yet on 11:29 - Oct 25 with 451 viewsFrimleyBlue

We don't need a Mick type replacement - yet on 11:23 - Oct 25 by badadski

Style is irrelevant, it's the players at his disposal that will be the problem . We have players that can't step up the to way Hurst wanted to play.

like he said when he first came, he was shocked by the level and ability of some of the players and I'm guessing it was in regards to just the basics of playing simple passes, ball retention etc.

He is now stuck with having to play these players as we have no alternatives i.e. Chambers at centre back was found out as a failure years ago by forest hence we have him but first opportunity to move him to right back it was made by mick. Infact I don't rate any of our defenders of being capable of doing what Hurst wants even the ones he brought in which is ironic.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 11:25]

But the way Hurst wants to play is a style

This is Hurst side now, he's gone shopping, its his fault if these lads can't pass a ball or keep it. Skuse is one of the best ball retainers in this division. He wont create a lot but that's not his job. Chambers is no nonsense cb,

Hurst sold all our ball retainers and best passes. Woolfy for example. very calm natural on the ball defender. Gone for trip hazard Nsiala.

This new scapegoating of chambers, I don't get it. He is a fantastic CB, and you mention Mick, but mick also brought him back inside. He and Pennington at present is our back pairing, but Hurst keeps changing his mind on the backline.

Waka waka eh eh

We don't need a Mick type replacement - yet on 11:42 - Oct 25 with 420 viewsbadadski

We don't need a Mick type replacement - yet on 11:29 - Oct 25 by FrimleyBlue

But the way Hurst wants to play is a style

This is Hurst side now, he's gone shopping, its his fault if these lads can't pass a ball or keep it. Skuse is one of the best ball retainers in this division. He wont create a lot but that's not his job. Chambers is no nonsense cb,

Hurst sold all our ball retainers and best passes. Woolfy for example. very calm natural on the ball defender. Gone for trip hazard Nsiala.

This new scapegoating of chambers, I don't get it. He is a fantastic CB, and you mention Mick, but mick also brought him back inside. He and Pennington at present is our back pairing, but Hurst keeps changing his mind on the backline.

It's not a new scapegoating of chambers, I havn't rated him for years on this forum. I don't doubt his commitment but he is dominated aerially consistently, loses his marker a lot and panics on the ball when closed down and doesn't have a good passing ability in his locker. It's not his fault but at the end of the day it it how it is. I agree over wolfenden though, he is everything that chambers is not and only thing that counted against him was age and experience but what good is experience without ability which HUrst seems to be ignoring.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 11:43]
We don't need a Mick type replacement - yet on 11:48 - Oct 25 with 400 viewsFrimleyBlue

We don't need a Mick type replacement - yet on 11:42 - Oct 25 by badadski

It's not a new scapegoating of chambers, I havn't rated him for years on this forum. I don't doubt his commitment but he is dominated aerially consistently, loses his marker a lot and panics on the ball when closed down and doesn't have a good passing ability in his locker. It's not his fault but at the end of the day it it how it is. I agree over wolfenden though, he is everything that chambers is not and only thing that counted against him was age and experience but what good is experience without ability which HUrst seems to be ignoring.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 11:43]

I think Chambers is carrying to much responsibility and at times is having to cover to much ground to make up for the missing Nsiala etc. And changing fullbacks won't help either as you need to get used to knowing when to push up, when to cover etc, and to keep seeing different players next to you won't help.

Also got to remember defence starts from attack.. we have literally no one who can hold the ball up, let alone start talking about the lack of midfield we have.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024