Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This makes good reading... we love PL... 20:12 - Oct 30 with 1384 viewsunstableblue

Borussia Dortmund
In 1996, Lambert was signed by Borussia Dortmund following his performances against the club whilst playing for Motherwell. Hitzfeld immediately changed Lambert's role to deploy him as a defensive midfielder.

In the 1997 UEFA Champions League Final against Juventus, he played in midfield to quell the influence of Juve's French playmaker Zinedine Zidane.[10][11][12][13] Lambert’s cross also set up Karl-Heinz Riedle's opening goal as Dortmund won 3—1. Lambert's contribution has since been lauded as a Man of the Match performance.[14] He became the first British person to win the European Cup with a non-UK team, and the first British person to win the tournament since its reformation as the Champions League in 1992. Lambert had scored in the lead up to the final with a goal in the group stage, the first in a 2—2 draw at Widzew Łódź. Lambert's performance in the semi-final elimination of Manchester United was praised in the autobiography of Roy Keane. Lambert scored one league goal for Dortmund, against Bayer Leverkusen.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This makes good reading... we love PL... on 22:58 - Oct 30 with 1207 viewsZacak

Remember it well, he was outstanding and the semi too if memory serves
This makes good reading... we love PL... on 13:40 - Oct 31 with 975 viewsNo9

His German contacts are good- I wonder what German sounds like spoken with a Glaswegian accent?

But to get back to the point, I don't think anyone has ever not respected what he did as a player
it is just his budgie connection which I'm sure will not be questioned until things don't work out
This makes good reading... we love PL... on 13:49 - Oct 31 with 938 viewsBrightonBlue

This makes good reading... we love PL... on 13:40 - Oct 31 by No9

His German contacts are good- I wonder what German sounds like spoken with a Glaswegian accent?

But to get back to the point, I don't think anyone has ever not respected what he did as a player
it is just his budgie connection which I'm sure will not be questioned until things don't work out

If things don't work out, the budgie connection is irrelevant. To associate the two would be irrational.

In any case, it will work out just fine. I guarantee it.
This makes good reading... we love PL... on 13:56 - Oct 31 with 914 viewsNo9

This makes good reading... we love PL... on 13:49 - Oct 31 by BrightonBlue

If things don't work out, the budgie connection is irrelevant. To associate the two would be irrational.

In any case, it will work out just fine. I guarantee it.

I hoe you are right-
On your first para, I think things would go very toxic

On your second -what guarantee would you give to an old Suffolk boy like me?
This makes good reading... we love PL... on 14:00 - Oct 31 with 905 viewsartsbossbeard

This makes good reading... we love PL... on 13:40 - Oct 31 by No9

If he can get us out of this mess, I wouldn't care if he'd managed a UKIP X1, The DFLA Select or The Death Star.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024