Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much room for error does Lambert have? 17:11 - Nov 2 with 4037 viewsMullet

Obviously we are going to lose games under him, but how many will see us still survive? Another 10?

Obviously draws don't help as much, but if we fail to beat PNE tomorrow and even worse then secure only 0-2 points after Reading are we just playing a game of damage limitation? How strong realistically is the squad now and how much can he strengthen in January.

Have had a few debates with different people about the job now compared to when Mick came in. Obviously striker stands out as a contrast to DJ, but he does have Bart, Chambers etc and own most of these players. Wellens came across really well after the event, and you wonder if anyone is similar to him right now other than Chambo and Skuse.

I guess he'll send Graham and one or two loanees back to get his own in. Is it a case of mentality and players playing for their futures at this level as well as this club, rather than looking for the next ship to jump to like the 2012 lot?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 17:26 - Nov 2 with 3973 viewsDarth_Koont

I'd like to think he's got a free pass at least until the transfer window. There's no real scope to do worse points-wise and there's very little he can change until January about certain structural flaws in the team e.g. the absence a striker who can hold the ball up front.

So it'll be a huge challenge but not one of his own making. We *should* all be able to see this but unfortunately I can see some people using his Norwich past to get on his case about real or imaginary problems — and there are still those who will massively overreact if we have a defeat or play badly. I imagine the latter group will start protesting Evans but say it's not about Lambert and the team.

But on the whole if Hurst has achieved one thing, we're probably more all in it together now than we've been for years. Get an early win or two and that could pay off.

Pronouns: He/Him

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 17:29 - Nov 2 with 3960 viewsArnieM

Let’s just keep it simple. He needs to win as many games as possible.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 17:49 - Nov 2 with 3908 viewsKeaneish

Its imperative we don't lose to either of these sides with the fixtures we've got coming up. As long as they don't start to climb away from us while Lambert is bedding in, i'll be happy. Realistically though, we need 15 points from the next 10 games to keep us in contention for a 52 point haul.

Tall order and i'd be delighted if we got 10 points. My predictions are we'll get an initial burst of impetus only for West Brom and Bristol City to pop it before recovering a bit moving into December...

PNE - Win
Reading - Draw
West Brom - Loss
Bristol City - Loss
Forest - Loss
Stoke - Draw
Wigan - Win
Sheff Utd - Draw
QPR - Draw
Boro - Loss

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 18:24 - Nov 2 with 3845 viewsBluearmy71

I gave an vote by mistake!

This is exactly the sort of pressure that players don't need to be reading ( if they are) It will be PL's first full week in charge, I'd love us to win I really would but be realistic and don't add needless pressure on top of what the team & manager are dealing with already!

It doesn't matter at all if we lose tomorrow the most important thing is we see that little bit of something different in the team tomorrow that gives us all hope and see at this (the earliest) stage of PL's tenure things might look like they can head in the right direction!!
How much room for error does Lambert have? on 18:42 - Nov 2 with 3808 viewsBinner

We have to dig ourselves out of a hole and to have a chance of doing so all must have bought into the same plan. At the same time we know that they are all tough games and neither Preston nor Reading will roll over; we may not beat either. What I want to see against Preston is a sense of purpose with the boys playing to their strengths. Then against Reading pretty much the same with no more than minor tweaking.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 19:08 - Nov 2 with 3742 viewsMullet

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 17:26 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

I'd like to think he's got a free pass at least until the transfer window. There's no real scope to do worse points-wise and there's very little he can change until January about certain structural flaws in the team e.g. the absence a striker who can hold the ball up front.

So it'll be a huge challenge but not one of his own making. We *should* all be able to see this but unfortunately I can see some people using his Norwich past to get on his case about real or imaginary problems — and there are still those who will massively overreact if we have a defeat or play badly. I imagine the latter group will start protesting Evans but say it's not about Lambert and the team.

But on the whole if Hurst has achieved one thing, we're probably more all in it together now than we've been for years. Get an early win or two and that could pay off.

It does feel different to 2012 and I wonder if that's miles on the clock and the sense of dread that you don't get two Mick's very often at clubs. I was saying to Snr tonight I can't see Lambert being here for 5 years, it just doesn't seem his way.

However, those who keep focusing on the Norwich thing other than to take the piss out of budgies can do one. Lambert was clearly in the frame for a month or so, so I feel we'll have shown him enough that he's walking in eyes fully open and ideas on who and how he approaches those issues.

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 19:12 - Nov 2 with 3727 viewsMullet

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 17:49 - Nov 2 by Keaneish

Its imperative we don't lose to either of these sides with the fixtures we've got coming up. As long as they don't start to climb away from us while Lambert is bedding in, i'll be happy. Realistically though, we need 15 points from the next 10 games to keep us in contention for a 52 point haul.

Tall order and i'd be delighted if we got 10 points. My predictions are we'll get an initial burst of impetus only for West Brom and Bristol City to pop it before recovering a bit moving into December...

PNE - Win
Reading - Draw
West Brom - Loss
Bristol City - Loss
Forest - Loss
Stoke - Draw
Wigan - Win
Sheff Utd - Draw
QPR - Draw
Boro - Loss

I can see a case for us winning and losing all of those now, such is the uncertainty and hope of what he brings.

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 19:13 - Nov 2 with 3724 viewsMullet

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 18:24 - Nov 2 by Bluearmy71

This is exactly the sort of pressure that players don't need to be reading ( if they are) It will be PL's first full week in charge, I'd love us to win I really would but be realistic and don't add needless pressure on top of what the team & manager are dealing with already!

It doesn't matter at all if we lose tomorrow the most important thing is we see that little bit of something different in the team tomorrow that gives us all hope and see at this (the earliest) stage of PL's tenure things might look like they can head in the right direction!!

I don't really understand your point. The pressure is already there and has been for some time with every fixture regardless. If the players haven't realised it, I'd be worried. If they're not bothered by their own doings, equally so.

It's not like I, or anyone else is magicking it up with any ulterior motive.

Login to get fewer ads

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 19:52 - Nov 2 with 3655 viewsIllinoisblue

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 18:24 - Nov 2 by Bluearmy71

yep, mullet's post has BROKEN the dressing room. The players won't sleep tonight.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:02 - Nov 2 with 3608 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think this a time for the greatest cliches of them all:
- let's take it one game at a time
- every game is a cup final

We're not far off safety with 2/3 season left, but that's getting ahead of ourselves already. We need to see an improvement in performances, especially fewer errors at the back, and then hopefully results will come and we can take it from there.

I'm still not convinced he's got sufficient quality in Hurst's squad, but we'll see.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:03 - Nov 2 with 3610 viewsIllinoisblue

keep saying it but the lack of goal threat is (obvs) a HUGE concern. I like Lambert a lot but he's going to need a lot of luck to get us out of this. If he can get them fired up for tomorrow, get the crowd roaring, get the players believing, that will be a huge start.

62 - 78 - 81

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:10 - Nov 2 with 3573 viewsBluearmy71

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 19:13 - Nov 2 by Mullet

I don't really understand your point. The pressure is already there and has been for some time with every fixture regardless. If the players haven't realised it, I'd be worried. If they're not bothered by their own doings, equally so.

It's not like I, or anyone else is magicking it up with any ulterior motive.

So you don't feel what you have written is just adding to the pressure everyone is under anyway???? The point here being we all know the situation and instead of adding to the plight by piling on more pressure with the"oh we must win or else" comments maybe give the team and the manager some relief from the doom and gloom!

And for the record I didn't imply you or anyone else was making it up, I just don't understand such a negative mindset, of course the players know what position they are in and tbh I feel the "if they are not bothered by their own doings" very insulting to the team!

We are going into a new era with a new manager and I know it maybe hard to do but if the manager can give a clean slate to the players then we as supporters should embrace that theory too and get behind them ( and before you think negatively again no I am not saying you are not behind them) like it were the start of the season free from any pressure so they can inturn go out on the pitch and play a little more relaxed, no??

The key thing in tomorrows match isn't the result its to get the players playing as a unit and have cohesion running through them once more, that more than that 3 points in PL's first game is the most important aspect for me!
How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:16 - Nov 2 with 3552 viewsrgp1

I've said before as have many others on here that you cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear, however most appear united behind the new manager. Having said that if we omit Hursts lower league players then we are not left with much and January is too far away. The way I see it is we need captain Lambert to steer away from the iceberg before then, and I feel that the free agent market is the only way.

Yes we will be more organised but we still lack quality whoever is in charge.
How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:19 - Nov 2 with 3539 viewsBluearmy71

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 19:52 - Nov 2 by Illinoisblue

yep, mullet's post has BROKEN the dressing room. The players won't sleep tonight.

Being a dick doesn't suit you Illi

Your other post after this one hits the nail on the head though, we gotta get the team believing in itself again, hence why I feel the need for the positive ( no matter how slim it may be) side of things is necessary at present!
How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:47 - Nov 2 with 3470 viewsreusersfreekicks

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:10 - Nov 2 by Bluearmy71

So you don't feel what you have written is just adding to the pressure everyone is under anyway???? The point here being we all know the situation and instead of adding to the plight by piling on more pressure with the"oh we must win or else" comments maybe give the team and the manager some relief from the doom and gloom!

And for the record I didn't imply you or anyone else was making it up, I just don't understand such a negative mindset, of course the players know what position they are in and tbh I feel the "if they are not bothered by their own doings" very insulting to the team!

We are going into a new era with a new manager and I know it maybe hard to do but if the manager can give a clean slate to the players then we as supporters should embrace that theory too and get behind them ( and before you think negatively again no I am not saying you are not behind them) like it were the start of the season free from any pressure so they can inturn go out on the pitch and play a little more relaxed, no??

The key thing in tomorrows match isn't the result its to get the players playing as a unit and have cohesion running through them once more, that more than that 3 points in PL's first game is the most important aspect for me!

Am i reading this right? You are concerned that a fans forum post will add to the pressure the players are under? Wow
How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:52 - Nov 2 with 3445 viewsIllinoisblue

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:19 - Nov 2 by Bluearmy71

Being a dick doesn't suit you Illi

Your other post after this one hits the nail on the head though, we gotta get the team believing in itself again, hence why I feel the need for the positive ( no matter how slim it may be) side of things is necessary at present!

come on, man, mullet wrote a very broad lay of the land post, which wasn't critical of the players at all, and your take from that is the squad will be slumped on the floor of the changing room, faces awash with tears, scrambling to look for a safe space.

and as mullet said, if the players aren't aware already of the situation then, well, god help us.

62 - 78 - 81

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:57 - Nov 2 with 3412 viewsVic

Given that the players almost certainly don’t read this forum, in what way has it increased pressure on them?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 21:20 - Nov 2 with 3351 viewsBluearmy71

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:57 - Nov 2 by Vic

Given that the players almost certainly don’t read this forum, in what way has it increased pressure on them?

Players have done in the past Vic, so its still possible for them to do so now!
How much room for error does Lambert have? on 21:26 - Nov 2 with 3322 viewsBinner

I'd be astonished if players did not read this forum. It is human nature to be curious as to what people think of you.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 21:27 - Nov 2 with 3319 viewsBluearmy71

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 20:52 - Nov 2 by Illinoisblue

come on, man, mullet wrote a very broad lay of the land post, which wasn't critical of the players at all, and your take from that is the squad will be slumped on the floor of the changing room, faces awash with tears, scrambling to look for a safe space.

and as mullet said, if the players aren't aware already of the situation then, well, god help us.

I read what Mullet wrote and the whole negative aspect of it sucked!

Like I said lets get the positivity going again along with the new start, is that really too much to ask??

Hardly my take on things at all so no "come on" i'm afraid, the whole point is we don't need added negativity, the players, the staff and us all know what we are facing, so lets face it with a smile, our season restarts tomorrow and we need all the positivity we can muster!
How much room for error does Lambert have? on 22:15 - Nov 2 with 3213 viewsMullet

I think if the players have been bottom of the league because they've been listening to a bloke who loves the Smiths on a messageboard, then we're truly fooked regardless.

Can't tell if you've put way too much stock into my post, or just gone a bit aggressive with the "sport our troops" type rhetoric and won't row back.

It really wasn't anything more than a few questions and ideas. I'm not exactly known for being negative am I?

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 23:09 - Nov 2 with 3117 viewsGarv

I bet they do.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

on 23:25 - Nov 2 with 3081 views_

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 23:09 - Nov 2 by Garv

I bet they do.

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 23:50 - Nov 2 with 3022 viewsBluearmy71

How much room for error does Lambert have? on 22:15 - Nov 2 by Mullet

I think if the players have been bottom of the league because they've been listening to a bloke who loves the Smiths on a messageboard, then we're truly fooked regardless.

Can't tell if you've put way too much stock into my post, or just gone a bit aggressive with the "sport our troops" type rhetoric and won't row back.

It really wasn't anything more than a few questions and ideas. I'm not exactly known for being negative am I?

Don't feel like I ma picking on you as an individual, I promise its no personal attack and if you have taken as such then that was not my intention and I do apologise!

As I keep saying we have a chance at another new beginning, so much has gone wrong under Hurst' time here and it truly was the worst football I have seen in 35 or so years of coming to PR and I just feel that any negativity towards the team and/or manager is going to add to the extremely low ebb we are in and positivity is the only way to help us get out of the sh!t I honestly believe that a win is not important tomorrow its our new structure (at least until January) and see the team start to play as a proper team should and not what we have witnessed in the last 17 games, getting the fundamentals back of the team is paramount here especially as its PL's first game, in 2 -3 weeks time I hope to have more expectancy of us being capable of winning once PL has had chance to really asses the players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024