Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 18:37 - Nov 8 with 1254 viewsMoeGreen

Interesting all this talk that Sterling should have told the ref it wasn’t a pen. I’ve never heard the opposite argument when a defender knows he’s brought the opponent down and a pen isn’t given - “err excuse me ref, I actually did touch him so you should give a pen”
Sterling on 18:44 - Nov 8 with 1218 viewsitfcjoe

I think that is a very fair point, not really thought of it like that though!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sterling on 19:04 - Nov 8 with 1185 viewsPecker

It was embarrassing. He should have had a word with the ref. If the ref didn't change his mind, then so be it.
Sterling on 19:28 - Nov 8 with 1152 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sterling on 19:04 - Nov 8 by Pecker

It was embarrassing. He should have had a word with the ref. If the ref didn't change his mind, then so be it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4345834/20-years-Fowler-begs-

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sterling on 19:48 - Nov 8 with 1112 viewsJon_456

Sterling on 19:04 - Nov 8 by Pecker

So when a defender clearly fouls the striker and the ref doesn’t award a pen, is the defender supposed to chase him and persuade him to give a penalty?

If I’m playing for Ipswich and that was me, there’s not a chance I’m telling the ref. If he gives a pen that’s his mistake, not mine.
Sterling on 19:52 - Nov 8 with 1107 viewsWD19

At the very least Sterling should have offered to take the penalty.
Sterling on 20:07 - Nov 8 with 1090 viewsGluedtoBlue

Genuine question to anyone here who thinks he should have owned up to not being fouled.

When Danny Haynes handles the ball over the line against Norwich how would you react if he persuaded the ref to scrap the goal and award a free-kick

The players play, the ref officiates. Simple.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Sterling on 23:45 - Nov 8 with 975 viewsjeera

Sterling on 19:28 - Nov 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4345834/20-years-Fowler-begs-

Video won't load for me.

Was that the incident when RF actually put his hands together to form a 'dive' simulation?

If not then you may also recall that. He got the ref's attention and admitted he'd dived.

I couldn't stand the bloke back tbh, but was taken aback by that particular gesture.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024