Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spence 10:26 - Nov 12 with 1501 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's interesting imo, that a lot of posters talk about his lack of defensive qualities yet do say they enjoy his forward runs etc.

Am I the only one who remembers a certain Tyrone Mings having the same attributes? When he first came in, attacking wise, brilliant, but was found wanting a lot at the back.. Now I'm not saying Spence is another Mings, BUT There's a lot of people on his back that I can't remember happening with Mings, so whilst he may not end up as good as, might be worth supporting him and seeing him naturally improve.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Spence on 10:30 - Nov 12 with 1479 viewsCurrie10

In summary - no.
Spence on 10:35 - Nov 12 with 1469 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Good playing under MM and PL but had some shockers under PH. Main issue has always been that when he drives forward, nobody else takes up his position at the back.

Under-rated player and should get more praise when he puts in a good shift.
Spence on 10:37 - Nov 12 with 1459 viewsCurrie10

Spence on 10:35 - Nov 12 by TonyHumesIpswich

Good playing under MM and PL but had some shockers under PH. Main issue has always been that when he drives forward, nobody else takes up his position at the back.

Under-rated player and should get more praise when he puts in a good shift.

Not sure I can class him as underrated. Genuinely feel not good enough for this level.

Was at Reading and despite some good spells, some poor spells also.

Need better than the likes of Spence.

That back 4 = zero pace.
Spence on 10:40 - Nov 12 with 1462 viewsSteve_M

It's a risk with attacking full-backs that they get caught out of position. Spence has been decent going forward in the last two games but he was culpable for both goals, missing the ball for the first and then getting his header wrong for what should have been a simple clearance that lead to the corner they scored from.

I'm not sure he's of an age where he'll naturally improve much but if Lambert can get some consistency out of him then he will be useful for us.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Spence on 10:59 - Nov 12 with 1401 viewsRobTheMonk

Spence is better on the ball than Knudsen but I think Knudsen is the better defender. We need to somehow combine both of their good attributes.
Spence on 11:06 - Nov 12 with 1391 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He's actually played very well under Lambert so far so agree he is doing well. Don't see a massive resemblance to Mings personally but I agree a lot of people do get on his back, but I think it has been justified as he has been poor for a very long time. BUT every player (including Knudsen) can change and hence opinions on players can change, and personally I think at the moment Spence and Knudsen are playing really well.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Spence on 11:07 - Nov 12 with 1386 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Watching Reading back I didn't like his defending for their first goal, looked like a half hearted attempt to stop the cross but he is playing well generally.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Spence on 11:09 - Nov 12 with 1382 viewsblueislander

Spence on 10:59 - Nov 12 by RobTheMonk

Spence is better on the ball than Knudsen but I think Knudsen is the better defender. We need to somehow combine both of their good attributes.

Spence is a natural wing back , and to make the most of his ability the system would need to be 3-5-2. With this system Kenlock would be a better option than Knudsen.
Login to get fewer ads

Spence on 11:14 - Nov 12 with 1365 viewsBrixtonBlue

The difference is Mings was raw but Spence has been around for years.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Spence on 11:35 - Nov 12 with 1310 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Spence seems to sum us up as a club pretty well..

Last season, he had some terrific spells (when we were playing well) and was one of our better (and consistent) performers in that early season run. But when we struggled he was terrible and one of the worst players on the pitch quite often.

I always think that if players like Spence could cut out the mistakes (not go missing so often) he'd be a very handy player... But if that was the case he wouldn't be playing for us as he'd likely be off somewhere else as he has all the physical & technical attributes just mentally seems to lose focus.
Spence on 12:35 - Nov 12 with 1231 viewsGarv

I like Spence and he's a good character by all accounts, always comes across well. But he's so up and down. Puts in a great performance one week and you think he's nailed down his spot and then has a stinker the week after. He always seems to pop up against Norwich, either with a really good or really bad display.

Quite good at skipping past a player and making space, but also quite good at giving the ball away.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Spence on 15:00 - Nov 12 with 1099 viewsBryanPlug

Spence on 12:35 - Nov 12 by Garv

I like Spence and he's a good character by all accounts, always comes across well. But he's so up and down. Puts in a great performance one week and you think he's nailed down his spot and then has a stinker the week after. He always seems to pop up against Norwich, either with a really good or really bad display.

Quite good at skipping past a player and making space, but also quite good at giving the ball away.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024