Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day 18:54 - Dec 1 with 2585 viewsBrixtonBlue

(by beating Ipswich).

Fast forward a couple of seasons - look at their team now. Look at the quality that doesn't even make their 18.

It wasn't that long ago I seem to remember them having a transfer embargo.

So where have they got all this quality in such a short space of time? And how on earth do they afford it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 18:56 - Dec 1 with 2570 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm just saying...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43527262

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:00 - Dec 1 with 2549 viewsstrikalite

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 18:56 - Dec 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm just saying...

Yet we all still wish he was our owner...

Fans don't give a flying f where the money comes from, sad but true..
In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:11 - Dec 1 with 2515 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Where is the money from? That's up for debate.

How have they got the quality? Money, money, money.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:12 - Dec 1 with 2511 viewsDennyx4

As Paul Anderson said on the radio - the difference is investment in the club.
In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:17 - Dec 1 with 2487 viewsstrikalite

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:12 - Dec 1 by Dennyx4

As Paul Anderson said on the radio - the difference is investment in the club.

Grabban alone was £6m...

...and he's 30, to think we let Murphy go for half that too..
In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:24 - Dec 1 with 2460 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 18:56 - Dec 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm just saying...

Add about £30m in investment since then.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:26 - Dec 1 with 2455 viewsDennyx4

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:17 - Dec 1 by strikalite

Grabban alone was £6m...

Forest should be a team that we are competing with in this league (no parachute payments and a club of similar size).

The lack of investment from Evans is the concern - it is his money as I keep hearing, however the current strategy is not working - almost like a vicious circle.

Sell better player, team gets weaker, less crowds, need more money, sell player etc etc etc
In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:32 - Dec 1 with 2438 viewsFtnfwest

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:17 - Dec 1 by strikalite

Grabban alone was £6m...

Yes our biggest spending spree in years still came to less than the value of a 30 year old striker for forest which is pretty telling
Login to get fewer ads

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 20:15 - Dec 1 with 2340 viewsCurrie10

£££ £££ £££

Forest are going to have a right go, Mendes club now, could be another Wolves.

Or could be another Sheffield Wednesday. Chansiri came in, spent a fortune, and now Sheffield Wednesday find themselves in a difficult position.

Sooooo much ££££ flying around in the league now. Mess of a league. ONLY three can go up.
In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 20:31 - Dec 1 with 2302 viewsTonytown

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 19:32 - Dec 1 by Ftnfwest

Yes our biggest spending spree in years still came to less than the value of a 30 year old striker for forest which is pretty telling

He spent less than he raised as well and the wage bill must have been reduced a fair bit too.

Evans has invested nothing this season so far and will need to spend at least £5m on loan fees and wages in January to give Lambert even a 10% chance of keeping us up.
In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 21:26 - Dec 1 with 2222 viewsbournemouthblue

Whatever happened to Financial Fair Play?

We seemed to be the only club bothering to stick to it. I know many people always felt it was an excuse not to invest.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 21:35 - Dec 1 with 2198 viewsDennyx4

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 21:26 - Dec 1 by bournemouthblue

Whatever happened to Financial Fair Play?

We seemed to be the only club bothering to stick to it. I know many people always felt it was an excuse not to invest.

Believe you can lose £35m across three seasons, we are well inside the limits for FFP (probably by £25m in the last 3 seasons) - that could get you some real quality to compete.
In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 21:38 - Dec 1 with 2188 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm just saying...

Fake news. Everyone knows the only person who could possibly buy a football club is Marcus Evans. There are no other alternative owners out there. We’ve been told that lots of times on here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 22:09 - Dec 1 with 2117 viewsBrixtonBlue

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 21:38 - Dec 1 by Swansea_Blue

Fake news. Everyone knows the only person who could possibly buy a football club is Marcus Evans. There are no other alternative owners out there. We’ve been told that lots of times on here.

People have asked who his mythical replacement is. That's not the same thing.

I'm kind of torn. I really appreciate what Evans has done (unlike some on here it seems). He's ploughed about £60m into ITFC since buying the club 10 years ago. That's a lot of free money we had no right to.

But on the other hand, he's made some bad decisions with managers (though a lot of those decisions were bad in hindsight rather than seeming particularly bad at the time) . And now the game has got too expensive for him, sadly.

I think you blame football itself... and bad luck... more than anything.

We used to have pride in not spending our way to success, and ridiculed those that did. Now most of us (and I include myself in this) want to just get a mega rich guy in and throw pots of money at it. We couldn't beat them, so now we want to join them.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 22:14 - Dec 1 with 2108 viewsBackToRussia

I'm just saying...

At least heroin's got some real money to it. Dodgy Olympic tickets is small fry.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 23:39 - Dec 1 with 2029 viewsfactual_blue

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 21:38 - Dec 1 by Swansea_Blue

It'll be the Chinese.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 00:15 - Dec 2 with 1985 viewspointofblue

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 22:09 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

People have asked who his mythical replacement is. That's not the same thing.

I'm kind of torn. I really appreciate what Evans has done (unlike some on here it seems). He's ploughed about £60m into ITFC since buying the club 10 years ago. That's a lot of free money we had no right to.

But on the other hand, he's made some bad decisions with managers (though a lot of those decisions were bad in hindsight rather than seeming particularly bad at the time) . And now the game has got too expensive for him, sadly.

I think you blame football itself... and bad luck... more than anything.

We used to have pride in not spending our way to success, and ridiculed those that did. Now most of us (and I include myself in this) want to just get a mega rich guy in and throw pots of money at it. We couldn't beat them, so now we want to join them.

The biggest irony in this is we DID try to join them when Evans first took over - unfortunately we didn't take advantage of our relative financial strength at the time and bigger fish soon joined the waters at other clubs.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 06:20 - Dec 2 with 1892 viewschristiand

In 2016/17 Forest survived relegation on the last day on 00:15 - Dec 2 by pointofblue

The biggest irony in this is we DID try to join them when Evans first took over - unfortunately we didn't take advantage of our relative financial strength at the time and bigger fish soon joined the waters at other clubs.

Problem is with Ipswich under the ownership of ME it’s yet another example where we miss the boat when an opportunity arises. That should be his mantra for his time at PR!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024