Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinking in Stoke 18:38 - Dec 7 with 3746 viewsNWSixto

Anyone have any ideas of the best place to drink before the game?

I see the club website suggests a Harvester or a Powerleague 5-a-side centre, but there must be somewhere better than that?

After we win I'll be dunking my b0ll0cks into stranger's pints in the nearest Wetherspoons, but that's another story.
Drinking in Stoke on 18:39 - Dec 7 with 3734 viewsSpruceMoose

Used to be a pub called The Harlequin but it got knocked down. Maybe The Smock?

Badum tish.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Drinking in Stoke on 18:44 - Dec 7 with 3716 viewsCoastalblue

I did read about a beer barge close to the ground which is meant to be quite popular, no idea if it's still there?

I'll probably end up in the Harvester as staying next door so will be parking there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Drinking in Stoke on 18:50 - Dec 7 with 3701 viewslinhdi

Drinking in Stoke on 18:44 - Dec 7 by Coastalblue

I did read about a beer barge close to the ground which is meant to be quite popular, no idea if it's still there?

I'll probably end up in the Harvester as staying next door so will be parking there.

By reputation it isn't the friendliest place for away fans, who are officially discouraged from trying town centre pubs on matchday. The barge does cans, if that's your thing. Otherwise, if you're in a small group and not in colours, it's worth trying your luck in town. I'm currently in the White Star on Kingsway (Titanic Brewery), and it's flippin' fabulous.
Drinking in Stoke... on 18:52 - Dec 7 with 3700 viewsfactual_blue

...is the only way to cope with being in Stoke.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Drinking in Stoke on 19:09 - Dec 7 with 3675 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quietly I'd suggest.

Good luck!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Drinking in Stoke on 19:15 - Dec 7 with 3661 viewsNWSixto

Drinking in Stoke on 18:44 - Dec 7 by Coastalblue

I have heard of the barge, looks like they only have Carling or Dark Fruits on.

Found a very odd place called the Ran Brewery with a brewery tap in an industrial estate about 20 minutes walk from the ground, but I do not trust it on a match day.

Or I might sit in Crewe station for an extended.
Stafford (n/t) on 19:30 - Dec 7 with 3635 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Drinking in Stoke on 19:32 - Dec 7 with 3629 viewsSpruceMoose

I want to hear about this Wetherspoons excursion.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Drinking in Stoke on 19:43 - Dec 7 with 3612 viewsChocorange

Going to either the Longton rugby club with sky sports or the barge if it's not pissn down
Drinking in Stoke on 20:13 - Dec 7 with 3586 viewsSitfcB

Next to the stadium is a Holiday Inn and a Harvester Pub/Restaurant that do allow in away fans and has Sky Sports. You can also park at the Harvester itself for a cost of £3. A bit further away on Dennis Viollett Road (off Sir Stanley Matthews Way) is a Power League complex that also has a bar, which also allows in away supporters, shows Sky Sports and you can even park in their car park for £4.50. Further down Sir Stanley Matthews Way (and turning left along Eastern Rise) is the Longton Rugby Club, which has two bars also showing SKY Sports. Parking is also available at £5 a car. It is around a 20 minute walk to the away turnstiles from the Club. Otherwise alcohol is available on the concourses at the back of the away end, in the form of Carlsberg lager (£4.20 pint), Marstons Pedigree Bitter (£4 pint), Cider (£4.20, 500ml bottle) and Smirnoff Ice (£4.20, 275ml bottle), plus small wine bottles and miniature spirits (all £4.30) but queues can be lengthy, especially if there is a big support.

Darryl Sears informs me; 'Down on the nearby canal there are two canal boats, one called the Boatcake, which mostly sells oat cakes and the other called the Bargain Inn Booze which sells beer and lager, which costs £2 a can or bottle. Both sets of fans were drinking there on the canal path without any problems'. To find these outlets, then with the away entrance behind you, turn right and go past the club store and then go straight across the car park in front of you. At the bottom left point of the car park, you should be able to see a couple of bridges and a pathway going down towards them. The canal is below the second bridge, where there is a pathway down to it.

If arriving by train then Police are normally on hand giving out leaflets and directing fans to either the Terrace Bar on Leek Road, or the Venue Bar (at nearby Staffordshire University). The Terrace Bar is only five minutes walk from the railway station (turn right out of the station entrance, left at the crossroads and the pub is down on the left) and also shows Sky Sports and offers food too. The Venue Bar (or to give it its full name the Leek Road Venue Bar/Verve) can be accessed before reaching the Terrace Bar by turning right off Leek Road (opposite Boughey Road) and walking down the pedestrianised pathway. The Bar is within a small complex further down on the left. The shuttle bus to the ground (return cost £4 adults) that runs from near the station, also stops at the pub and returns after the game. It leaves for the match around one hour before kick o

From ground guide

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Drinking in Stoke on 21:56 - Dec 7 with 3501 viewsITFC_Forever

Stoke town centre is best given a very wide berth as an away fan.

As per Sitters’ post, either the Harvester or Power League near the ground or The Terrace or Uni near the station.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Drinking in Stoke on 22:12 - Dec 7 with 3478 viewsNWSixto

Appreciate the answers to this.

Stoke town centre probably best avoided at all times, but noted for match day. Reckon I'll be on the Dark Fruits off that boat: Take a look at Barge-Inn Booze (@barge_inn_booze): https://twitter.com/barge_inn_booze?s=09

Most importantly, going to make some fcking noise in the away end. Not dragging myself to Stoke to drink Bovril and tut.
Drinking in Stoke on 22:17 - Dec 7 with 3466 viewsLord_Lucan

Drinking in Stoke on 22:12 - Dec 7 by NWSixto

Appreciate the answers to this.

Stoke town centre probably best avoided at all times, but noted for match day. Reckon I'll be on the Dark Fruits off that boat: Take a look at Barge-Inn Booze (@barge_inn_booze): https://twitter.com/barge_inn_booze?s=09

Most importantly, going to make some fcking noise in the away end. Not dragging myself to Stoke to drink Bovril and tut.

Stoke fans don't drink namby pamby Bovril, they go straight to the hard stuff - neat gravy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Drinking in Stoke on 22:37 - Dec 7 with 3431 viewsArnieM

This address was posted on FB by a Stoke based Town fan. They accept Away fans.

The Power League Sports Club
Dennis Viollet Avenue,
Stoke-on-Trent,
ST4 4TN

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Drinking in Stoke on 22:50 - Dec 7 with 3397 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinking in Stoke on 22:37 - Dec 7 by ArnieM

This address was posted on FB by a Stoke based Town fan. They accept Away fans.

The Power League Sports Club
Dennis Viollet Avenue,
Stoke-on-Trent,
ST4 4TN

I can picture it now, in all its sticky carpeted glory.

Drinking in Stoke on 23:51 - Dec 7 with 3341 viewsJamestownPrince

Having food and a beer in Hanley as I'm not doing colours and I'm meeting my son for dinner before the match and he sensibly goes to work!!!
Drinking in Stoke on 00:01 - Dec 8 with 3327 viewsLord_Lucan

Drinking in Stoke on 23:51 - Dec 7 by JamestownPrince

Having food and a beer in Hanley as I'm not doing colours and I'm meeting my son for dinner before the match and he sensibly goes to work!!!

If you are meeting your son for dinner you will miss the game.

Drinking in Stoke on 00:03 - Dec 8 with 3324 viewsJamestownPrince

Drinking in Stoke on 00:01 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

If you are meeting your son for dinner you will miss the game.

Lunch then :-)
Drinking in Stoke on 00:04 - Dec 8 with 3320 viewsgainsboroughblue

Drinking in Stoke on 18:39 - Dec 7 by SpruceMoose

Used to be a pub called The Harlequin but it got knocked down. Maybe The Smock?

Badum tish.

Smock is Maidenhall.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Drinking in Stoke on 00:31 - Dec 8 with 3275 viewsLord_Lucan

Drinking in Stoke on 00:04 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

Smock is Maidenhall.

Used to drink in both.

Harlequin shut after a nasty murder

Drinking in Stoke on 00:46 - Dec 8 with 3258 viewsBLUEBEAT

Oat Cakes

Poll: W or W

Drinking in Stoke on 07:29 - Dec 8 with 3154 viewsHARRY10

Drinking in Stoke on 00:31 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

Used to drink in both.

Harlequin shut after a nasty murder

as opposed to a nice murder ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024